Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
i have a couple of question about wm10 (any build). (sorry i'm not an insider. i don't have an extra phone to try it)
1. does OTG work? (microusb to usb onverter)
2. does any other Bluetooth gamead work or just moga?
3. can you plug in a xbox360 usb controller and use it?
4. can you use project my screen for forced continuum or it is only for 950/950XL only?

1. I don't think this will ever work as it is hardware related? Someone can confirm on this
2. No idea about this, sorry
3. I believe this is related to item 1 so don't think so
4. You can use project my screen (if it works that is) but all it does is mirror the screen. It doesn't give more capability

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
As far as I can tell, the previous way (WP 8.1) was behaving really the same way. The only difference is that in WP 8.1 there were fewer apps that dropped to the background instead of closing. The apps I had in WP 8.1 which actually closed when using the back arrow still do that in W10M. Microsoft apps tend to be the ones that drop to the background.
As for using resources, what resources specifically? The memory whether it is empty or has something in it is no different. The memory controller will still refresh it. CPU cycles? If the app is dormant in the background it will not use CPU cycles. Battery power? Again, if the apps is dormant in the background it will not use battery power. Apps that are dormant in the background will activate faster than apps that need to load from flash memory and go thru their initialization. If the memory gets filled with dormant apps, Windows will close apps as needed to free up RAM for apps that are being launched.
The only thing is that the dormant apps add to the number of apps visible in Task Manager making it possibly a little harder to locate a certain app.

Agree with every single word. The two annoying things are indeed that overview is worse for multitasking and that "Windows will close apps as needed to free up RAM for apps that are being launched" - I would like to have an easy method to show Windows which of these dormant apps I do not need anymore. Example: I am typing in Word and launch some apps to quickly look something up, or an email or something drops in, I don't want Word to be closed because of insufficient memory.

mervs2402

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 920. Upgraded from 10572 to 10581.
My Observations:
1. Without location turned on, battery life is good with screen off. Cortana is always off as i feel it consumes lots of power. While screen on, i believe there is room for improvement compared to 8.1.
2. Loading and resuming is minimal. Seems like only the messaging app requires a lot a time to load.
3. '3G Only' & '4G Only' options are removed. I miss this.
4. Missed calls used to show the number of rings in build 10572 which is now removed. Maybe a useless feature
5. Phone used to heat even without using Ram hungry apps. This for me is completely gone with the new build and only gets warm with Drive apps.
6. With build 10572, i was able to choose albums through 'Amazing HD weather' app. With build 10581 it crashes the moment i click 'choose album'
7. In the app list, the standard Microsoft apps dont show the icon. See attached picturewp_ss_20151102_0002.png
8. For me Hotspot disconnects once the screen turns off. Anyone with 920 who doesn't have this problem?

Overall very happy with this build on the 920 as i have tried almost all the builds with 10536 being the one which burned(yellow fade my screen due to excess heat. First time i even saw this message. wp_ss_20150922_0001.png

Last edited:

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
i have a couple of question about wm10 (any build). (sorry i'm not an insider. i don't have an extra phone to try it)
1. does OTG work? (microusb to usb onverter)
2. does any other Bluetooth gamead work or just moga?
3. can you plug in a xbox360 usb controller and use it?
4. can you use project my screen for forced continuum or it is only for 950/950XL only?

OTG doesn't work.

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
As for using resources, what resources specifically? The memory whether it is empty or has something in it is no different. The memory controller will still refresh it. CPU cycles? If the app is dormant in the background it will not use CPU cycles. Battery power? Again, if the apps is dormant in the background it will not use battery power. Apps that are dormant in the background will activate faster than apps that need to load from flash memory and go thru their initialization. If the memory gets filled with dormant apps, Windows will close apps as needed to free up RAM for apps that are being launched.
The only thing is that the dormant apps add to the number of apps visible in Task Manager making it possibly a little harder to locate a certain app.

I think the're old Android people Fuzzy John, or talked to Android people, so they don't understand. :angel:

tasitos

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Hello all. My first post here. I installed two days ago the latest build on my Lumia 930. It was the first version of W10 that i tried on my Lumia. The environemnt is really nice and user friendly. I really like it. I want to mention also a few problems that i noticed.
There is a problem with photo saving (some delay), which i think it is also mentioned above. Also, when i receive emails, i don;t see any icons on the down part of the screen as it was on W8.1 (i don't know if this is a problem or just a change on W10. I also noticed a problem on the battery. With moderate usage with W8.1 the battery was lasting 1,5-2 days, but now almost 1 day. But for that i need to "play" a bit more and see how it will go the next days.

ebk333

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
This is a very unstable release. Sometimes groove works, sometimes it tells me it's really empty in here and I ought to think about adding music.

Sometimes photos work, sometimes it doesn't.

Camera opens when the pin is set. That should not be allowed. That's a grave security flaw just there.

Maps works ok, but it needs gui refinement.

Data roaming turns on by itself for the sheer hell of it.

Everyday I put into question whether upgrading was the right thing, but 8.1 had so many problems I felt it couldn't get worse so I just upgraded.

It could get worse.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Everyday I put into question whether upgrading was the right thing, but 8.1 had so many problems I felt it couldn't get worse so I just upgraded.

It could get worse.

The main question is all in that phrase: WHAT PROBLEMS in 8.1, sir? Maybe if you agree by telling us about your phone model we could realize what you are talking

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone connect to a PC with their WP device on this build ? I just get a charge notification on the phone but, nothing shows up on the PC end... (yes, current USB cables, etc)

This is driving me nuts, this his how I move music, movies and ringtones over and I cant do this...

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Change usb port, uninstall any Lumia / Nolkia usb comm device from system -> device list, than unplug , replug and wait for new drivers to be installed.
It happened only on certain devices in same case

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone connect to a PC with their WP device on this build ? I just get a charge notification on the phone but, nothing shows up on the PC end... (yes, current USB cables, etc)

This is driving me nuts, this his how I move music, movies and ringtones over and I cant do this...

Yeah..I am also facing this issue..looks like a known bug now...

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Yeah..I am also facing this issue..looks like a known bug now...

Change usb port, uninstall any Lumia / Nolkia usb comm device from system -> device list, than unplug , replug and wait for new drivers to be installed.
It happened only on certain devices in same case

That's not a phone bug, but a random pc connectivity iussue. Simply it doesn't recognize the phone as a new device

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Camera opens when the pin is set. That should not be allowed. That's a grave security flaw just there.

Do you mean when the phone is locked? Camera should open when you long press the camera button (if you have enabled launch camera when device is locked

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05