Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
I think the're old Android people Fuzzy John, or talked to Android people, so they don't understand. :angel:

Now you got me! Indeed I once owned a Galaxy Tab (first generation) - for ~36 hours. Oh yes, and I still have my eBook reader which is an Android device. I also talk to Android people every day. So yeah, you just got me! :winktongue:

RealFrood

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Because of my issues with Cortana and Hey Cortana not functioning as expected, I was thinking of going back to 8.1 using the Windows Device Recovery Tool (I've never used it before), and I noticed a couple of things.

1) My Lumia 930 isn't automatically detected. I had to soft reset when I click My Device Was Not Detected -> Lumia.
2) After soft reset, it detects, but says that both the firmware and software versions are unknown.

When WDRT checks the server, I see that the server firmware is 02540.00019.15234.5006, but mine is 02540.00019.14484.37005. Anyone else notice that and/or know the reason behind the "newer" firmware?

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Now you got me! Indeed I once owned a Galaxy Tab (first generation) - for ~36 hours. Oh yes, and I still have my eBook reader which is an Android device. I also talk to Android people every day. So yeah, you just got me! :winktongue:

There you go! I knew it! :wink:

chasvs

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I get no Message Notifications Sound or Vibration.

Actually it turns out I wasn't getting ANY sounds out of it today! No Ringing, no voice, etc.

Had to do a Soft Reset a couple times and the Sounds started working again.

I found myself on VZW looking at New phones while I was trying to figure this out. I'm on a razor's edge right now about staying with Windows Phone or going elsewhere until something really NEW arrives from Microsoft!

I've had this Icon since they first came out and it's getting kind of "old" even with Win10M....

Last edited:

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Agree with every single word. The two annoying things are indeed that overview is worse for multitasking and that "Windows will close apps as needed to free up RAM for apps that are being launched" - I would like to have an easy method to show Windows which of these dormant apps I do not need anymore. Example: I am typing in Word and launch some apps to quickly look something up, or an email or something drops in, I don't want Word to be closed because of insufficient memory.
I believe that Windows will close the apps selectively. Close the ones that were dormant the longest.

[Edit]
This is a feature that was introduced in WP7 so it wasn't new in WP 8.0 or WP 8.1. And developers have control over it. Most of my non-Microsoft apps do close when you use the back arrow.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Change usb port, uninstall any Lumia / Nolkia usb comm device from system -> device list, than unplug , replug and wait for new drivers to be installed.
It happened only on certain devices in same case

That's not a phone bug, but a random pc connectivity iussue. Simply it doesn't recognize the phone as a new device

Going to have to disagree with you. On my Primary desktop, I tried USB 2.0, USB 3.0 and USB 3.1 ports on it, still the same results. Even tried it at my work laptop, USB 3.0 ports, tried all 3 on this machine and the same result.

The Phone will show "slow charging" (even though my USB 3.1 ports support Quick charge), no drive will show up, or nothing in the device manager.

The phone is going in a charge only mode, is there a **new** setting someplace to change this ? (Android devices have this option, a sync, charge and another option when connecting via usb)

Maybe not for you but, it's a BUG or a setting someplace.... Anyone know for sure ?

Edit: To be 100% sure, I removed ALL Nokia drivers from (programs and features) Windows and rebooted, same result (no applications made by Nokia are installed)

Last edited:

Bassey Archibong

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
For those with issues with SMS and email notifications, a hard reset without restoring backup solves it all.
I downloaded the preview without hard resetting and i didnt get Skype video call. Just did the reset now and the app is there!
OS is more fluid than before reset.

Tim M

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Sadly, not stable enough for me (1320). It got very hot with dataconnection on, and the battery didn't last a half day. Furthermore I got multiple freezes. After my seventh freeze (and soft reset) I decided to roll back to 8.1.

Apart from the battery drain and freezes, the build was clean and quick. Apps loaded quickly and everything felt smooth. To bad I had to roll back :( I liked the build!

devinlars

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm not getting notifications sounds for my email accounts (I have 4) but the visual notifications and banners do work. I get sounds for calls and texts and other apps, just not email (and that is more important to me). Also the OS jams and reboots itself a bunch (I expected this) but after each time it does the reboot itself some app doesn't work properly (MixRadio, Groove, News, Sports... it's random) which requires me to do a soft reset to resolve that.
Also the SD card is not recognized anymore but if I take it out the phone immediately warns me that I removed it improperly (but I couldn't do the safe steps for removal because it says there is no SD card).
This build started out good but is going downhill fast. I was using build 10549 as a daily driver just fine but this build is only better in that it is faster, but not more stable. Here's hoping that November is a "bug killing" month for this OS!
Not gonna lie tho, even with all the bugs this is fun testing out the OS like this (some work days are annoying but still fun). Anybody hear if the Insider Hub app is coming back to 10781?
Using a L830

Daenny

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
probable a really stupid suggestion and I'm sure you have done this but on my 925 after every update I have to go into the outlook app and go settings, then options and change the 'show in action centre' as on and check the 'show a notification banner' and 'play a sound' check boxes.

As I said this is always ticked to off for me after doing the updates. just to confused it shows as on in the notification settings. but doesn't work unless its on in the app :s

abduz

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for sharing this. I also have a L830 but really need basic things like mail, messaging, and phone to work without fail. Guess I'll stay on 8.1 longer. MS really needs to get their **** together rapidly!

This!! I'm experiencing this with my 930 as well. My MS account is taking forever to sync, emails wont send and receive and messaging app only shows my SMS/Messages if I restart my phone then it goes blank ...first day everything was working fine except for Messaging

PatRol NL

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
After upgrading to 10572 and later 10581 I have had keyboard problems.

I have tried numerous times on my unlocked 830 but no Dutch keyboard download for me. Dutch (Belgian) works but it has an AZERTY layout. So for now no word suggestions or auto correction :-(

On my L1520 no problem but I never needed a hard reset there so the keyboard was already there. Anybody know a workaround?

Scottie10014

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I was in the same boat last night. Just installed it. Painless install and for the most part works just fine. However, couple of things to note, Edge crashes on me constantly even after a soft reset (have to use another browser), linked inbox is gone in Outlook for now (kind of sucks, I like it being linked), I had to do a soft reset to get the battery charge to be accurate, Cortana has a white background for content she follows for you, which looks meh when you run the dark theme (which I do). Other than that mostly works well.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
After upgrading to 10572 and later 10581 I have had keyboard problems.

I have tried numerous times on my unlocked 830 but no Dutch keyboard download for me. Dutch (Belgian) works but it has an AZERTY layout. So for now no word suggestions or auto correction :-(

On my L1520 no problem but I never needed a hard reset there so the keyboard was already there. Anybody know a workaround?

Is the 830 a dutch country variant? Also, did you already receive the insider configuration update after the new build? Could be that it is needed to force insider fast again in the app and then check for updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos