Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

Omoronovo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Going to have to disagree with you. On my Primary desktop, I tried USB 2.0, USB 3.0 and USB 3.1 ports on it, still the same results. Even tried it at my work laptop, USB 3.0 ports, tried all 3 on this machine and the same result.

The Phone will show "slow charging" (even though my USB 3.1 ports support Quick charge), no drive will show up, or nothing in the device manager.

The phone is going in a charge only mode, is there a **new** setting someplace to change this ? (Android devices have this option, a sync, charge and another option when connecting via usb)

Maybe not for you but, it's a BUG or a setting someplace.... Anyone know for sure ?

Edit: To be 100% sure, I removed ALL Nokia drivers from (programs and features) Windows and rebooted, same result (no applications made by Nokia are installed)
This is *not* a bug. Windows no longer tells you to unlock your device before it will allow you access to the stuff on your phone, but it is still required.
Connect it to your pc, then unlock the phone (you can lock it again immediately), you'll have access to your data.

The previous version of the phone companion app told you this, but it doesn't seem to do so anymore (even with wp8.1)

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I have it running on a Lumia 822 and it's faster and smoother than any other previous build. Noticed a few bugs with the store, as have others. After a couple of days everything settled down. Haven't done a hard reset yet. Every other build I tried a hard reset was almost mandatory but this build maybe not. Still not ready to go for it on my 735 but it's getting close.

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Not so stable on my 640XL: Photo app and Facebook Beta often crash while scrolling through some pictures.
Facebook beta was also unstable on my 640, since I replaced it by the regular facebook app no more problems. Haven't had a restart in four days.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
This is *not* a bug. Windows no longer tells you to unlock your device before it will allow you access to the stuff on your phone, but it is still required.
Connect it to your pc, then unlock the phone (you can lock it again immediately), you'll have access to your data.

The previous version of the phone companion app told you this, but it doesn't seem to do so anymore (even with wp8.1)

Er, maybe for you. If you know how to get this working then cool but, what you said DOES NOTHING.

Tried this on Windows 7, 8.1 and Windows 10... WITH THE SAME RESULTS.

Removed all Nokia drivers(Add remove programs/Programs and features), rebooted the computer, connected phone with screen locked (dont have a PW set), Phone goes "slow charging" (notifcation shows up), unlock the screen (slide up), no notifcation from the PC, no pop up, nothing showed in Windows Exporer, and NOTHING shown in device manager, on ALL OF THE PCs.

So, riddle me this, what am I doing wrong here ? Phone is connecting but PC does not even see it, why ?

Clearly looks like a bug or I am missing a setting someplace... Worked fine after I upgraded to it but, after a hard reset it's doing this...

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
After using this for quite a few days now, I am happier overall with the OS's performance. Battery life on my L830 has improved dramatically. I almost get a full day now! I am still having a big problem with the messaging app. It is constantly crashing and having screen/keyboard formatting issues. That's my biggest complaint so far other than the known issues reported.

Omoronovo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Er, maybe for you. If you know how to get this working then cool but, what you said DOES NOTHING.

Tried this on Windows 7, 8.1 and Windows 10... WITH THE SAME RESULTS.

Removed all Nokia drivers(Add remove programs/Programs and features), rebooted the computer, connected phone with screen locked (dont have a PW set), Phone goes "slow charging" (notifcation shows up), unlock the screen (slide up), no notifcation from the PC, no pop up, nothing showed in Windows Exporer, and NOTHING shown in device manager, on ALL OF THE PCs.

So, riddle me this, what am I doing wrong here ? Phone is connecting but PC does not even see it, why ?

Clearly looks like a bug or I am missing a setting someplace... Worked fine after I upgraded to it but, after a hard reset it's doing this...

On settings > devices > usb, does it state that your phone supports chargers *and* pc connections? Sorry if I sounded harsh earlier, but I was certain this was the issue since it affected me until I remembered to unlock my device.

For reference, I only receive the "slow charging" issue if it's connected at usb 1.1 speeds. Those ports only allow 100ma (0.5W) of power. This could indicate an issue with the cable, the usb port on the device - or, like you said - a bug. When restoring to 8.1, does the issue remain?

mmar1974

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
my 925 is working great... it is my daily driver so not a lot of complaints here... only the battery but seems to be stabilizing after a couple of days... I would say with these builds one needs to hard reset one or two times until the phone works correctly ... my phone had problems with the cell data but it is ok now after I flashed the phone back to 8.1 and then to Denim and then to 10.

Omoronovo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Because of my issues with Cortana and Hey Cortana not functioning as expected, I was thinking of going back to 8.1 using the Windows Device Recovery Tool (I've never used it before), and I noticed a couple of things.

1) My Lumia 930 isn't automatically detected. I had to soft reset when I click My Device Was Not Detected -> Lumia.
2) After soft reset, it detects, but says that both the firmware and software versions are unknown.

When WDRT checks the server, I see that the server firmware is 02540.00019.15234.5006, but mine is 02540.00019.14484.37005. Anyone else notice that and/or know the reason behind the "newer" firmware?

There are a lot of tools that let you examine the firmware on the Nokia servers, but for most people the reason is simply that some devices have never had access to a denim firmware by default through their carrier. Most of the system images via the WDRT are now denim, which should reduce one step if you previously had to downgrade to amber/cyan/black.

The improved firmware will, if nothing else, provide you with additional functionality and stability improvements if/when you decide to roll back.

Edit: I have looked at the firmwares available for Lumia 930 on Nokia/Microsoft's servers. Your current firmware *is* listed on there so I don't know why it would be unable to recognise it. However, the upgraded 15234-15236 firmwares are all Lumia Denim and mean that if you decide to roll back from Windows 10, you should experience better stability and functionality.

If you are uncomfortable with that and would prefer your original firmware, please send me a PM and i'll send you a link to the tools you'll need to flash back to 02540.00019.14484.37005, but I wouldn't recommend it. Based on that build string, it would revert you back to the stock 8.1 image (cyan) that came with your 930. You would lose out on WP8.1 Upodate 1 and 2 (builds 14522 and 15053) and lumia Black (15234+).

Last edited:

Omoronovo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Start page is distorted and double layered on L930 and L925 ( with 10581 update)

If it is the known issue with restoring from a backup, then it has an easy fix. Go to action center (swipe down from top) > all settings > personalisation and change your background. That should fix it.

If it isn't the known issue, then can you screenshot it? We may be able to help.

cooolaashu

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
(Lumia 640 xl here, hard reset after install) The build is so far working good. Battery life is 90%ish of wp 8.1 or may be that while idle, the drain is less than wp8.1, but when used, drain is 1.2 times wp8.1 drain. Crashes are rare, so far. All apps working fine, just store is bit too lazy to open, and store apps downloads list displays no icons at first, the loads. Camera quality of windows camera is better (i think) than lumia camera (may be due to extra glow added to pictures).. so far so good.

Tim Stone

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I am still finding a few significant problems with the Lumia Icon: 1) After shooting about 90 seconds of video, monitoring email and news intermittently, and clearing a couple of messages, after 5 hours essentially in standby, a fully charged battery had depleted by 60%. That is pretty fast drain. 2) The video is performed by holding down the camera button. However, it often stopped after about 3 seconds. In 6 attempts, I was only able to get one 11 second video. 3) The photo quality is still blurry and video does not focus properly. I did a small video scan in full sunlight at California Adventure, shooting the rock face, waterfall and some trees in a slow panorama shot. The focus was on the rock so the water and trees were not sharp, although they only varied from the background by about 40 inches, and I was about 40 feet away. 4) Looking at stored pictures, it can take several seconds for them to come into focus. This usually represents 3 or 4 "stages" or passes.

LeFreak

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Going to have to disagree with you. On my Primary desktop, I tried USB 2.0, USB 3.0 and USB 3.1 ports on it, still the same results. Even tried it at my work laptop, USB 3.0 ports, tried all 3 on this machine and the same result.

The Phone will show "slow charging" (even though my USB 3.1 ports support Quick charge), no drive will show up, or nothing in the device manager.

The phone is going in a charge only mode, is there a **new** setting someplace to change this ? (Android devices have this option, a sync, charge and another option when connecting via usb)

Maybe not for you but, it's a BUG or a setting someplace.... Anyone know for sure ?

Edit: To be 100% sure, I removed ALL Nokia drivers from (programs and features) Windows and rebooted, same result (no applications made by Nokia are installed)

Go to Settings/Devices/USB
There are two toggles there. One of them may be what you're looking for.

511pf

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
(Lumia 640 xl here, hard reset after install) The build is so far working good. Battery life is 90%ish of wp 8.1 or may be that while idle, the drain is less than wp8.1, but when used, drain is 1.2 times wp8.1 drain.

This is my experience as well. Edge especially seems to drain the battery quickly.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
This is a feature that was introduced in WP7 so it wasn't new in WP 8.0 or WP 8.1. And developers have control over it. Most of my non-Microsoft apps do close when you use the back arrow.

Guess you are right. I did not see this behavior until WP8.1, but there I used mainly 2 apps that did this, Skype and Lumia Camera (and VLC maybe). I had no problem leaving them open as I use(d) them frequently. But it was already strange due to the inconsistency. Now in W10M as every Microsoft app does this, I see myself using task view regularly. I use MS apps for most tasks.

Compiux

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I was on build 10549 for a while because my USB port is damaged and could not roll back to 8.1 to get the new build.
Compared to 549, it's vastly superior.
- The problem with the " Loading..." home screen seems to be gone (It was almost never there after a hard reset on 549, but still)
- Accuracy of taps in some apps seems to be better
- The problem with live tiles not updating seems to be gone
- Live tiles updates are smoother
- The start screen behavior is smooth too. No flickering after turning it on
- I like the new unlock animation much more.
- The new Prople Live Tile (with the circles) is still ugly. Considering we have the live folders with animated squares, it makes no sense in the home screen.
- Home tiles are 100% responsive, before this build I constantly had issues where I tapped a tile and nothing happened.
- The search app is still awful. The 8.1 version was much much better, all we needed was a radiobutton to select the kind of results needed (IMHO)
- Messaging app is faster and more responsive
- Missing the "Time since last charge" info in the battery saver.
- Overall, Seems faster! haha

I am pleased with the results. I now feel more confident because the previous build I had, contained serious performance issues but now this build is behaving a lot like 8.1 or even better and I have what is now considered "low end hardware" except for the RAM (Lumia 1020)

EDIT
OH! Battery life seems better. I was lucky if with 10549 I managed to get 6 hours of phone. Today, After 4 hours I still have 70% battery.

rromerof

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

I don't know if it is a bug. What I'm 100% sure, this "issue" happened to me a couple of times, and it was a PC issue. Restarting did the thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium