Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Got bored and did a second "Hard reset" after using this build for a few days. (since it was released).
I was only wanting to know if any of the things that were not working, or working well, would be affected.
And, since I can't see the "storage sense" settings for managing apps across the local vs SD drive, I decided to take the SD card out BEFORE the Hard reset and remove the possibility of this feature being at fault for any "bugs".

Well, I'm happy I did. On this 1520, everything is even smoooother. And my favorite improvement is "Hey Cortana" is flawless! (wasn't even available in Settings-Extras before this second reset)
She trained perfectly. And she is blowing my mind as I test all the various cool things I can do with "her".

Not sure why a second hard reset would yield a different result than the first hard reset. Makes no sense to me. Unless the fact that a second reset was done a few days after the new build was loaded, and giving it time to absolutely complete ALL backgrounds task that the upgrade needs to accomplish matters?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
So two days ago snakebitten I uploaded 10581 and it went smoothly and quickly but I have one problem EDGE wont get me on the internet. I tap it and it goes full screen for a second or less and the start screen returns I cant get online with Cortana or Facebook etc. Should I revert to 8.1 ( I upgraded from 8.1) or do a hard reset? I've asked in the forums here and other places without a response and I'd like to get EDGE working as soon as possible. I have a 1520 on ATT. What are your thoughts?.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I was in the same boat last night. Just installed it. Painless install and for the most part works just fine. However, couple of things to note, Edge crashes on me constantly even after a soft reset (have to use another browser), linked inbox is gone in Outlook for now (kind of sucks, I like it being linked), I had to do a soft reset to get the battery charge to be accurate, Cortana has a white background for content she follows for you, which looks meh when you run the dark theme (which I do). Other than that mostly works well.

My only problem with EDGE right now is it wont get to the internet when I tap the tile it shows full screen on the 1520 and reverts to the start screen. Not sure if I need to revert or hard reset!

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
JFA1, ...........Obviously I can't guarantee you anything with a preview build and different hardware................
But I CAN guarantee that I have a much different result after the latest Hard Reset. Much different. (Without logically being able to comprehend what actually causes different results between 2 hard resets)

I would NOT roll back to 8.1 if you are running 10581. I don't think you would gain anything from that.
And I would not restore from a backup after the reset. (My opinion)
I would aim for the "cleanest" possible 10581 as possible. In other words, a new phone experience.

Good luck

Note: Edge worked for me when I upgraded from 8.1 to 10871. Edge worked for me after the first Hard Reset. And Edge works for me now after delayed second hard reset.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Wow, doing hard reset yesterday was the worst move I could've made...My Icon had horrible battery life all day - 10-15% drain while locked and no apps running in the background...apps kept updating last night, now I can't get legit updates to download...resetting again once battery gets a little closer to full, and this time starting fresh...

If you're not having serious issues with this build, I'd recommend not hard resetting...

wullie mccracken

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I have no major issue all running fine over the big pond in Scotland I did the upgrade a pre normal from the update page and sofar so good strange I think its down to you carriers firmware that's causing the problems

bolot_malih

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm always getting random reboot issue on my lumia 630 since using wp 8.1..now i'm using windows 10 mobile TP build 10581 and the problem still occurs..any idea for me guys ?

Win10all

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
some update for my 640xl dual sim,
the weather tile stops update weather info. even i have installed the latest weather update from the store, and soft reset the phone. it was working fine in the last few days.
also, sometimes, when runing wechat, the navigation bar blocked the text input area. i have to reboot the phone to fix it.
just checked the store, and the phone update, all the latest.

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
My only problem with EDGE right now is it wont get to the internet when I tap the tile it shows full screen on the 1520 and reverts to the start screen. Not sure if I need to revert or hard reset!

When i initially upgraded to 10 which is pretty recent I had same issue, hard reset fixed. At hard reset I started fresh and just imported contacts after that. Sucks having to download apps and whatnot again but everything worked as it should that I have seen so far.

BluWarrior

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
I upgraded straight from 8.1, it runs well, occasionally after using the messaging app the phone will freeze and you have to hard restart which gets annoying, but overall its very good, and i'd guess the messaging thing will be fixed with an app update

Mallguvner

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
A few days later and the only thing I'm seeing is some delays on hanging up once or twice a day. Using an HTC One as a daily driver and am trying out a BlueAnt Bluetooth device. Some odd sounds occasionally on the Bluetooth but don't think they're from this build. Most likely HTC's crappy Bluetooth build. I can't hardly even use a Jawbone reliably with this phone (even on original 8.1) even though the same Jawbone works flawlessly on my other phones. Friend asked me if he should upgrade his HTC and from what I can see it's a much better phone now.

I really can't see much difference on the battery. I've been on it all day off and on since coming off the charger 10-11 hours ago and reading messages, taking pictures and basically using the phone a lot. Still has 56% on it and my work day is over. Very happy with the battery. I am also using that Insider thing that tells you your battery charge, quick links to the flashlight, etc. Works really well. I think someone a few posts back asked about that.

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
The one I closed.

I only worked on big mainframes, so maybe phone memory management is different. What should typically happen, if memory is required, is that closed apps are first to get flushed from memory followed by suspended apps in order of oldest to newest, or according to some criteria such as type of app. If memory is not required apps can stay around.

So the question is are closed apps treated differently in WP10?

Varun Mishra

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
all good with the build 10581. Genuine improvement in performance, be it lockscreen unlock or opening apps like photos/ outlook. The progress bar and ability to change search provider in edge were also welcome changes.

muddyblackdog

May 31, 2012
Visit site
My first time with 10. Installed on my AT&T 1020 because ever since I started using bluetooth devices again, 8.1 would reboot all the freaking time. 1) Edge doesnt work, using other browsers to work around for now. 2) Annoyance - now all three of my email tiles on start screen have the outlook logo, I used to be able to distinguish between work exchange account, hotmail and verizon. 3) texts sometimes take forever to "go" after I hit send. 4) I dont like that the photos live tile choices are one photo or recent photos; "favorites" used to be a choice. But its not randomly rebooting, so I'm calling it better than what I had.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the update. I guess I'd still recommend downgrading to 8.1 to see if the problem remains, it would still be nice to try to rule that out for you.

It's definitely possible that during the Windows 10 upgrade your phone has been damaged by the fast charge usb port on your machine. Most windows phones can only handle 10-12.5W but Fast Charge specifies up to 36W. I have never upgraded my phone with it being charged in such a way, so I have no idea if this could be responsible.

If you were wondering.... I hard reset on 10581... and USB still didn't work, although it did detect a Quick Charge 2.0 cable/adapter and I got no "slow charge" message. Tried on 7, 8.1 and 10 as for OS, no difference, it would show charging (slow) and charge but, never sync or show up in Windows.

After some trouble (back and forth, hard reset, USB would not detect the phone after many attempts I got it to take), I finally got down to 8.1 again (ugh, not sure I can go back now), USB works perfect, tried 3 computers, shows up fine with no issues unplugging and plugging back in.

Now on to the VERY painful and time consuming thing to go from 8.1 to 10 (rebooting to install 10581 now)....and update 80+ apps...It's going to be a LONG night...

I assume you, it will not TOUCH a USB cable till after 10 is installed....I think it was because it was connected to a USB cable during install and boot up (I have it on a QI charger for install)...

Edit: Failed update to 10, showed battery dead(it rolled back) but, was at 99% when started....trying again (Nokia ICON)

Last edited:

Akira X

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Took the plunge and install on my daily driver(Lumia Icon) as the recent builds are feeling RTM'ish.

so far it works better on my 640xl than on my Lumia Icon. It could be my Icon is so old its experiencing hardware problems(get the USB device not recognized no matter what PC I plug into)

I've had it freeze on the Icon as well.
Once coming out of sleep, the Wifi button would not toggle.

(and I did a hard reset)

Winsly Jucar

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
...did somebody notice some inconsistent data connection when using cellular data?
...i am not sure if this is a bug or the internet providers in the Philippines are crap?

I am currently using L1520 and I get good connection for few hours, then the connection will get lost (although the network symbol will display arrow to indicate data transfer) and the page shows 'You are not connected to the network'. By this time, i need to restart my phone again.

tpesa

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Got bored and did a second "Hard reset" after using this build for a few days. (since it was released).
I was only wanting to know if any of the things that were not working, or working well, would be affected.
And, since I can't see the "storage sense" settings for managing apps across the local vs SD drive, I decided to take the SD card out BEFORE the Hard reset and remove the possibility of this feature being at fault for any "bugs".

Well, I'm happy I did. On this 1520, everything is even smoooother. And my favorite improvement is "Hey Cortana" is flawless! (wasn't even available in Settings-Extras before this second reset)
She trained perfectly. And she is blowing my mind as I test all the various cool things I can do with "her".

Not sure why a second hard reset would yield a different result than the first hard reset. Makes no sense to me. Unless the fact that a second reset was done a few days after the new build was loaded, and giving it time to absolutely complete ALL backgrounds task that the upgrade needs to accomplish matters?

I did a second hard reset after reading this and it totally made the phone more responsive. The messaging app would crash occasionally and now it's solid. Animations and transitions are smoother. Like it a lot. Good idea.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786