Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I read in Windows Central that we can text from the PC to the mobile phone, I tried it and it still
doesn't work. I tried to send a text to my own phone and also a friend's but the text never arrived.
I also tried to assign ringtones to a contact incoming calls, that failed, showed an APP is required
and it should be in the store, however NO app was shown from the store. I tried to assign one
to a contact's messages, that failed with the same, get the app from the store. Hope feedback
helps improve the future builds.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I read in Windows Central that we can text from the PC to the mobile phone, I tried it and it still
doesn't work. I tried to send a text to my own phone and also a friend's but the text never arrived.
I also tried to assign ringtones to a contact incoming calls, that failed, showed an APP is required
and it should be in the store, however NO app was shown from the store. I tried to assign one
to a contact's messages, that failed with the same, get the app from the store. Hope feedback

You must read the official blog first: sms and calls between phone and pc VIA CORTANA are if both devices got the last insider build.
It'll be fully implemented in win10 mobile rtm and win10 desktop threshold 2

tw1st3d83

May 26, 2014
Visit site
hi all... does any of you have problem where phone freeze when you press home button to get out of messages... i did a hard reset after install of latest build and i even formated sd card when i reseted phone...

perbear

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I have two test phones that I have upgraded yesterday to 10581. The oldest one, a Lumia 820, seemed to have enough battery for a complete upgrade but after downloading and preparation to install it asked to be recharged before the restart could be performed. So I had to set it on charging. After that everything has gone fine. The newer of the two, a Lumia 635, could not perform the actual installation so I had to roll back and once again it complained about low battery. That one too was on charging all night and had some extra installation to do this morning to finish the upgrade. Both work fine now. And as I am in Sweden we can't use Cortana.

SRaghu

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I am on L 720... it works fine and enjoying every bit..... much much better than all the previous builds...But I have a problem... occasionally it freezes and i have learnt a way out... as no other option is possible to be done... I allow the battery to totally drain and then the phone starts very NORMALLY then i recharge it..
!! ANY OTHER WAY OUT.

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes indeed, I have searched all these threads....I can NOT seem to get the 'Find My Phone' feature to function properly....Have made sure that Find My Phone feature on my L-920 is ON.....have signed into my Microsoft account....no success..:unhappysweat:

"We can't find your phone right now, we will send you an email when we find it!"

Last edited:

tw1st3d83

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I am on L 720... it works fine and enjoying every bit..... much much better than all the previous builds...But I have a problem... occasionally it freezes and i have learnt a way out... as no other option is possible to be done... I allow the battery to totally drain and then the phone starts very NORMALLY then i recharge it..
!! ANY OTHER WAY OUT.

hold the power button for 20-30 seconds and the phone will reboot, i have the freeze problem too but only when im in message and i press home button...

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
!! ANY OTHER WAY OUT.

You also tried a soft reset (hold vol down + power until vibration), right?

Bobby Bahmanpour

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Switched to the new build and now the horrible draining is back, doesn't get as HOT but sure drains super quick. The last build was more stable and no battery drainage issue.
I don't get the ringtones back anymore, I can make new ones and it shows.

Waze seems to crash all the time, so does messaging sometimes.
Why the hold up for official windows 10 Mobile????? does microsoft really want everyone to get tired of the merry go around and switch?
I still LOVE the damn interface way better than Apple and Google and have no clue why this thing is not catching on like fire?? It must be the lack of apps but then again when I had my Iphone I had 900 apps and didn't use 10%.... I rather have great apps that works on my computer and phone than all these useless apps...........

Microsoft has come a great way by finally offering hardware that outperforms apples any day, they always blamed the software and the lack of power in the hardware, I am amazed that after buying Nokia they dropped the ball and didn't invest in better designs .... Samsung has way better looking phones in my opinion........ but they are making the same phone from 2 years ago..... my 1520 is still way better than any other phone out there, till the Samsung S7 comes out........ I wish Samsung phones worked on Windows platform..... OR even better yet for Nokia to come back with a crazy phone with a crazy camera like they were looking into with 200 Megapixs.............. I want that soooooooooo bad.

EVER SINCE THE DOWNLOAD !!! Drops like crazy.......... anyone has a solution ??
wp_ss_20151103_0001[1].jpgwp_ss_20151103_0002[1].jpg

Last edited:

Hi-Tek

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
the screen still wobbles, there are short loading screens with people and messaging apps and still no sms/mms message notification and messaging live tile doesn't work. Outlook mail notification also doesn't work like it should. Mail notification only works when you click on calendar.

The slow progress of the W10m will probably hurt sales of the new Lumia phones.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes indeed, I have searched all these threads....I can NOT seem to get the 'Find My Phone' feature to function properly....Have made sure that Find My Phone feature on my L-920 is ON.....have signed into my Microsoft account....no success..:unhappysweat:

"We can't find your phone right now, we will send you an email when we find it!"

YES there is! uSE the search function inside the phone settings and select "Find my phone more often"

showson1

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Working great on my Lumia 1520.
Booted to black screen after update, but just had to force reboot and it was fine after that.

Very solid and fast on my device.

Only a couple of issues I've run into so far:
  • Keyboard doesn't open sometimes and have to exit out of the app and back in to get it to work
  • If I have 'Rich Capture' on it takes several minutes to save the photo and sticks on "Adding finishing touches"

Other than that it's a great update.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
On my L830, I am still having Messaging app crashes, intermittent lack of notifications under lock screen and Outlook having problems updating my O365 mail & calendar.

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

I assure you it works, and it is really cool to watch work. But you do need the preview build on your PC as well as the phone.
Rumor has it that November 10-11, Microsoft will be pushing the updates to Windows 10 RTM users that accomplish this feature, and more! Of course, it won't do much good until W10M is released to the masses, as well.

I run RTM on my Surface Pro 4 and the Preview on the Surface Pro 2. It is so hard not to do that the other way around. LOL

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
That's exactly what happened to me on my L920 even after doing a clean factory reset and reinstall.

Eazy fix....windows button,slide down from the top for the notifcations window....All settings, personalization, CHANGE WALL PAPER to None or somethign else, save and problem fixed...

This has been posted MANY times. I saw this myself this morning, took about 30 seconds to fix...

vicky geth

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
So... It's been quite a few days since I installed 10581 on my L730 :) Last build I had before this one was 10536. I had 'Resuming and 'loading' issues and hiccups. So rolled back to 8.1. After going through few pages in this thread, I made up my mind to try this build 10581.

8.1>10581(no hard reset)

Voila!! what an improvement from 10536 > 10581. So far noticed no resuming/loading issues. Butter smooth :amaze:

My thoughts:
1) Lock screen transition - improvisation needed. Feels a bit laggy
2) Storage bug (we all knew)
3) Facing 'Device charging slowly' issue 2 out of 5 times. I hadn't faced such issue before. Using original charger. (known issue?? Anybody face this problem?) :unhappy:
4) The OS looks complete except notification area. Either translucent accent colour or translucent dark/light themed look is required to make the OS complete (look wise). After introducing 'behind the tiles wallpaper feature' for start screen and app list, Clear black notification area seems odd. Since the RTM is few days away, the probability of getting it before RTM is 0.01.
5) Random crashing of messaging+skype
6) Battery very much improved. Still not like what we had with 8.1
7) Returning back to app list from any app doesn't make the app list background dim/bright.
8) News, weather and Travel app icons missing from app list
9) Screen lock and unlock sounds have delay sometimes.. Even no sound too

Bottom Line: I'm really happy with this build. Today Gabe has tweeted 'Two builds in internal rings. Expect a build later this week'.
I'm really looking forward. Way to go MSFT. :excited:

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte