Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

sulistyarso

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
hey! I'm new here.
So, I bought my L930 two month ago, so I'm looking for w10. What do I need to do before it's update itself. With my photos and musics... And, is it good or?
If you wait it update as itself, i think u only need move your photos and music from internal memory to sdcard or pc. But if you wanna try w10m like the most people here, you must understand this build isnt final, lot bugs and problems even lot people say its better than previous build.

temaunga2

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Please is anyone running the builds on L920 and have installed the latest one? How is it? Also, what's the total size (or estimate) if I'm going to be installing 10587 from 8.1? (this will be my very first build!)
Works great on my 920! I'm not sure how to check how much space it is taking up because when I open Storage Sense to choose a device (to see what's taking up space) no drive appears (even the internal storage which is strange)

DeanoWC

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Upgraded from previous build on my L735, no hard reset.

Issues that I had on last build that are still there:-

When I create a new email it doesn't pick up my contacts bar about 4? So if i start typing a name in the "to" area it will not show me any options, I have to select the person from people and send an email from there if I do not know their email address.

As mentioned previously in this thread, Cortana will not play music by a specific person or a specific song e.g If I say "Play the beach boys" it returns a bing search page, it does play music if I say "Play my music" though.

Favourites not syncing in Edge

Motion data app not updating (as many people have noted!)

New issues on this build

The known issue regarding Storage

Similarly the Insider Hub App not responding

as someone else mentioned the App list sometimes remains bright.

I did a hard reset which resolved the contacts issue when writing emails

All other issues remain (albeit some are known ones)

Also have three Apps pending but unable to delete, MSN Health and Fitness and MSN Travel, which I believe are no longer supported.

I did have a duplicate app that said pending (Amazon Kindle, which I opened ans logged on when there was only one app showing, then I'm guessing it updated the app after that?), but this was resolved by deleting the one that was pending then clicking on the pending one which took me to the store whereby I clicked install and it completed.

Still can't ask Cortana to play a certain artist/album etc. I did wonder if this had anything to do with them biong stored on the SD card ,although imagine lots of other people have theirs stored on the SD card too.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Still can't ask Cortana to play a certain artist/album etc. I did wonder if this had anything to do with them biong stored on the SD card ,although imagine lots of other people have theirs stored on the SD card too.
I've had that too, she doesn't recognize most of my requests, but I think once or twice it did work. Also have my music on my SD card.

Unrelated (?) in the car I get the new text alert and an option to 'read it?'. That works once. The second text that comes in fails. I can see that Cortana starts an audio connection, but nothing is said.

Related: cortana's voice uses the phone profile in my car rather than the BT audio profile, meaning that my music stops and the car makes some beep sound to indicate 'call in progress', and the voice quality is low. Lumia 1520 ATT and Mazda CX5. It all takes too long and it's too jarring. Does this work better for others?

Ickis99

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I have several issues with the newest build on my 630:

- Several letters in Edge are not working, like s, u or q. So i can?t really browse without entering the URL over Bing-Search.
- I cannot exclude Skype-Contacts from my Contact-List. I don?t want to see ANYTHING of Skype unless if i open Skype.
- Youtube Videos in Edge stop playing as soon as i turn off the screen
- Cortana doesn?t work in Austria. But it works in Germany which is completely ridiculous since we are using the same language.

But the worst of all, WM10 becomes highly unstable after a while especially after heavy use. After a while Edge and several other apps start to crash randomly. After a while they don?t even start at all. After that i have to restart the Phone. This happens on the my 630 and also on my 920. I have this issue from the very first WM10 Build until not. I NEVER have this problem with 8.1

mmTL

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 930 user here, been using Windows 10 mobile for a few months as my only phone, it was better a few months ago but now simply too many issues still, come on let's get it sorted I'm very close to ditching the platform at the moment, even going back to my Lumia 800 W7.8 is looking appealing....that was a great phone so reliable

Issues:
I turn off my data connection because the phone just eats data and uses up my allowance
as a result I get continuous notification about problems with the "Live" account - have to keep clicking "Fix Issues" - what problems?

Offline maps - I've turned off the metered connection option and automatic updates yet soon as I turn on the data connection I get notifications about "Maps download will resume when....whatever" - and it KEEPS COMING UP EVERY 2 MINUTES - I ended up deleting all offline maps, so that'll be great next time I need them.....

NO text message alerts on the start screen, no missed call alerts on the start screen

When I make a call the screen goes blank MOST OF THE TIME - I sometimes cannot manually turn it back on, the call is in progress but the screen is totally blank, only option is to press the power button until power down screen appears

EMAIL TAKES FOREVER TO SYNC ON GMAIL (Desktop Windows 10 Mail is the same so at least the UWP is working well, you get the same bug on all platforms now)

Sorry to whinge I understand software development is complex and this is not the final build, but what I'm describing are not obscure bugs, these are day to day annoyances of basic operations of a phone

Omoronovo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 930 user here, been using Windows 10 mobile for a few months as my only phone, it was better a few months ago but now simply too many issues still, come on let's get it sorted I'm very close to ditching the platform at the moment, even going back to my Lumia 800 W7.8 is looking appealing....that was a great phone so reliable

Issues:
I turn off my data connection because the phone just eats data and uses up my allowance
as a result I get continuous notification about problems with the "Live" account - have to keep clicking "Fix Issues" - what problems?

Offline maps - I've turned off the metered connection option and automatic updates yet soon as I turn on the data connection I get notifications about "Maps download will resume when....whatever" - and it KEEPS COMING UP EVERY 2 MINUTES - I ended up deleting all offline maps, so that'll be great next time I need them.....

NO text message alerts on the start screen, no missed call alerts on the start screen

When I make a call the screen goes blank MOST OF THE TIME - I sometimes cannot manually turn it back on, the call is in progress but the screen is totally blank, only option is to press the power button until power down screen appears

EMAIL TAKES FOREVER TO SYNC ON GMAIL (Desktop Windows 10 Mail is the same so at least the UWP is working well, you get the same bug on all platforms now)

Sorry to whinge I understand software development is complex and this is not the final build, but what I'm describing are not obscure bugs, these are day to day annoyances of basic operations of a phone

I think most of your data connection problems can be fixed by going to settings > network & wireless > data usage and either setting a limit or tapping "don't allow" which will disable mobile data whilst wifi is active.

As for your google issue, that's really odd - I'm experiencing no issues syncronising my accounts, though I have gmail set to only sync 1 years worth of email. For me however that amounts to several thousand. Bear in mind though that gmail has limited EAS account access, it doesn't work directly through Outlook (where you have to use IMAP instead).

MarkCSimpson

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Just installed on Lumia 735...So far I'm very pleased. Everything seems to be working faster with less lag than before.
Not as many "resuming..." messages, etc. Music is playing over voice command and I don't have to yell anymore.
Hopefully the Driving Mode works better now, as I had a problem before with it not reading my text messages anymore.

Still having an issue with visual voicemail on Verizon, but think that's a carrier issue not OS.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site

You should go online from time to time to allow some security policies to sync. Setting syncing of the account to daily could help.

You could have just turned off automatic map updates... :wink:

This is has to do with the proximity sensor. Could be that your screen is dirty or covered by an unclear screen protector so that the phone thinks you are holding it at your ears. I have this with my outdoor case. Could also be a hardware malfunction of course, or something that goes away after hard reset.

mmTL

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
many thanks for the reply especially about the data usage page, hate to do down the platform as I generally really like it and want it to be great

lovely forum here too, very positive and helpful

mmTL

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Hello and many thanks for your reply that is really useful info (re: offline maps, yes I have turned off automatic updates but still I get the message...)

I am suspecting the proximity sensor is faulty, however I think it's software issues too, for example when the screen is blank after starting a call, if I cover the sensor and then uncover this often makes the screen/proximity feature work again....temporarily

thanks a lot for your help, and sorry if my first post was negative, I really do love Windows Phone (I was a long-time Lumia 800 user before switching to the 930 and I would still be using that phone except I needed Skype) and I'm a Windows/Microsoft fan but I am a little frustrated at having these issues, just want them to finish messing around with the software and make it stable now. My Lumia 930 came with W10 preview already installed and it seemed fine at first but lately it's starting to get in the way of enjoying and using the phone as a phone

thanks again

great forum!

kjmcintosh

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have a working live tile for outlook on wp10. I cannot believe that we are close to release of the 950, 950 xl and we still cannot have a number on the tile to show new email!!!! Yes I know am I in a beta program and yes I expect that things might not work. But why is it that they don't even do the basics!! Yes this build is stable but it has taken awhile to get here and I am still waiting for lots of basics that were in wp8.1 that have been dropped from wp10. Oh hang on maybe that's the whole point, we are going to get a nice static screen so we can be more like android or iOS

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Both my outlook calendar & mail tiles are live yes. Mail shows the number of unread messages, when entering the app, it then dismisses the notification and flips back to the bare outlook icon.

CobaltDragon

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I have been on WP since I got my HTC Radar 4G way back when. I have a L925 now and it's a great phone. I last tried out WM 10 back in June 2015 and it was a mess. I went back to 8.1 and have been happy there for the last several months, with the help of an Android tablet I keep close by for some apps.

I decided to try 10581 out since it's obviously getting relatively close to release. It installed fine, but I'm just not that happy with the OS overall.
-calendar takes forever to sync to other instances of your calendar (web, desktop, etc), but this is in WP 8.1, too
-mobile hotspot over wifi is very unstable right now
-Does not turn on instantly when I press the power button
- It's quite a bit slower than WP 8.1 when going back to the start screen or backing out of apps. It is slower to open messaging and the dialer, as well.

-I love my desktop Outlook 2016, but I can't stand this version of Outlook - I don't want a semi-unified inbox, I want a truly unified inbox or I want a separate icon on the start menu for each account (if someone has a way to do either, please fill me in!). This is a big deal for me, I really liked having a separate icon for each account on 8.1.

-Notifications don't clear when the action is taken on another device. for instance, if I have a new email notification but then go and read/delete the email on my desktop, the notification on my phone doesn't go away until I go into the app and refresh it manually (WP 8.1 even did this automatically, so maybe it's just a bug)

-Still some apps that I want and some apps that aren't near parity with other OS versions

-Doing txt messages over Bluetooth doesn't work as it did in 8.1 For me, when I got a txt in 8.1 it would alert me through my car's stereo and Cortana would ask if I wanted to take action. If I hit the End Call button on my steering wheel it would turn Cortana off without me having to say "I'm done". Now when I do that it doesn't do anything and Cortana keeps asking what action I want to take - very annoying.

I do like the Edge browser, it's pretty snappy and works well. I like being able to reply to a txt msg from the notification are. I like the quick settings section and how that works. The dialer itself is nice and easy to use. The look and feel are great. Live tiles work more reliably than in 8.1.

I am going to wait for final release before making a final judgement, and I really want to try out the 950 and 950 XL. Hoping they really spiff this up in the next few weeks before it RTMs.

Last edited:

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Using 10581 in my Lumia 830. It's mostly good, they have made a massive improvement in the past few months since I last used it, even fixing the text rendering bug introduced in WP8.1 Update 2 (at last!). My favourite part is edge, which was a complete mess in the last build I used. The speed increase from IE in 8.1 is very noticeable.

1. Screen blinks randomly (turns black for half a second, then back to normal). I can't figure out what causes this, but it blinked about 20 times during a music sync in Groove Music.

2. Some app tiles lose their icons. This happens on both the start screen and apps list. Re-pinning to the start screen fixes it, but I haven't found a solution for the missing icons in the apps list.

3. The Store does not check for updates automatically, and the 'Check For Updates' button finds no updates (it shows the icon that it is "working" for about 2 minutes before finding zero updates). The only way I can update any apps is to manually search for them in the app store, or use an edge link for system apps. Has anybody got a solution for this?

4. Windows Camera is rubbish. Photo quality is poor and the 'Rich Capture' option is straight up broken. Sometimes it gets stuck on 'adding the finishing touches' but never actually does anything, which results in a 720p photo with a 'change lighting' option which fails to work. When "adding the finishing touches" it does seem to work, the image created is far too dark, and the option to change lighting doesn't appear... It needs serious work. For now, I'm using Camera360 Sight, which is doing an OK job at creating a usable image.

5. Alarms & Clock app contains no sounds other than "default" which is silent.

6. The PIN entry system on the lock screen is ugly, especially if you are using a lock screen with text on it (which appears underneath the PIN text, making it look a mess). Instead of being transparent; it would be better if the screen moved up (like 8.1), or the PIN pad was coloured (or grey), or if the background becomes blurred.

7. Using the Dialer keypad is excruciatingly slow. Most likely because its searching for contacts with similar numbers, which is nice, but I would prefer a dialer keypad which functions quickly.

Last edited:

Hankerin

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Works fine on my ancient L920 - small black circle with a white numeral reflecting the number of new (as opposed to unread) emails - exactly as l want it. The only real issues I'm having with this build are with the photo tile (you can now select favorites to be displayed but I haven't found a way to make a photo a favorite); the round rather than square contact photos (ugly); Outlook calendar - pretty much worthless and the tile tells you almost nothing; and, Groove where maybe 10% of my albums are an ugly square with a circle and a dot (this is a problem with the desktop app as well and the ONLY reason I still have iTunes on my computer - right clicking on an album and pasting an image of the album).

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Using 10581 in my Lumia 830. It's mostly good, they have made a massive improvement in the past few months since I last used it, even fixing the text rendering bug introduced in WP8.1 Update 2 (at last!). My favourite part is edge, which was a complete mess in the last build I used. The speed increase from IE in 8.1 is very noticeable.

1. Screen blinks randomly (turns black for half a second, then back to normal). I can't figure out what causes this, but it blinked about 20 times during a music sync in Groove Music.

2. Some app tiles lose their icons. This happens on both the start screen and apps list. Re-pinning to the start screen fixes it, but I haven't found a solution for the missing icons in the apps list.
(...)

Have you try to backup, hard reset and restore on your 830?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo