Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

Dali_zizu

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Another update from my side: Lumia 925
I made 3 steps:
Step 1:upgrade from 8.1 to 10 = bad results with lagging and app not working
as I was not happy I did next try out
Step 2: hard reset of windows 10 mobile = results OK for daily use but with few bugs and especially navigation app not working I decided to quit
again I was not happy...next try out
Step 3: I used recovery tool and restored Lumia 925 = made clean install (NO RESTORE), installed crucial app (Drive+, Mix Radio, ext...), upgrade to windows 10 mobile. After install added few more apps and offline maps
This latest step is really working great, all app work normally OK (sometimes they crash but no big deal). The build is for me personally on my phone daily driver and it finally work like it should.

Mark Baker3

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Did a straight install here on a 930 using insider preview. Works fine other than errors for groove and here apps. Here apps still work though so little bother. The autocorrect however is inaccurate compared with 8.1

Tactik

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone have a working live tile for outlook on wp10. I cannot believe that we are close to release of the 950, 950 xl and we still cannot have a number on the tile to show new email!!!! Yes I know am I in a beta program and yes I expect that things might not work. But why is it that they don't even do the basics!! Yes this build is stable but it has taken awhile to get here and I am still waiting for lots of basics that were in wp8.1 that have been dropped from wp10. Oh hang on maybe that's the whole point, we are going to get a nice static screen so we can be more like android or iOS

I do not run a wide tile but I am getting new email notifications and the number of new unread on my mid sized tile.

MarkCSimpson

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Do you mean power up instantly of just screen on? My screen comes on instantly, just like my iPhone did. I've never had a phone that powered on instantly.

I have separate icons for all of my outlook inboxes and I keep all 5 bundled together in a separate tile, to take up less room. Just Open outlook and go into each inbox individually and the bottom right icon (...) Pin to start. Each one is a separate live tile and shows the unread email in each inbox. I find the notifications update better than the last build. Not instant, but it does happen. My guess this is more of an email server update push to phone question than the phone OS.

I agree with the apps, but that all about developers wanting to port for windows too. More people buy windows phone the more developers will make apps and make them well.

I just used the TXT over bluetooth at lunch...Works fine in my car using the End Call button, etc now. I didn't on the last build. Cortana evens hears me much better than before. I don't have to yell.

I have to say...I hate the Edge browser, but that probably just me and my love of Chrome. It's just not as intuitive as I'd like. I'll get over it.

But overall,...This build of Win10 is making me much happier than the previous. The last one crashed and was super sluggish. This one is much faster for me and no frozen apps, yet.

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I can't prove that my second "Hard Reset" faired so much better because I removed my SD card and left the 1520 no choice but to use the native storage, but this build is far more stable and functional in this state.

My favorite improvement is with Hey Cortana. I couldn't get her to function with the first hard reset. (or after the upgrade from 8.1 to 581)
But now she is listening intently to me! Even from my W10Preview Surface Pro and my Band 2. Admittedly, she is still inconsistent, but when she nails it, my jaw drops. When this stuff gets polished, we are going to do some crazy stuff talking to HAL....ooops, I mean Cortana. :)

And without the SD card, I don't have to be aggravated with the Settings > Storage fiasco this build brings with it.

I'm both patient and optimistic, beyond what I was earlier. I can see where this is going.

Nick_Wilson

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
This is the first build that I upgraded to directly from a previous build whereby I didn't feel the need to hard reset the phone. Build 10581 on my Lumia 830 is working just like it should be. I haven't noticed many glitches/nuances and have been using it as my daily driver now since it was released. My only gripe at the moment is with Canadian carriers still ignoring Windows Phones and pushing Blackberry still .. sigh ... Ah well.

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
The only real issues I'm having with this build are with the photo tile (you can now select favorites to be displayed but I haven't found a way to make a photo a favorite);

Hi.

To make a photo a favourite:

1. Open Photo's App.
  2. Click on the photo you want to make a favourite, so that it opens.
  3. Click the heart icon at the bottom of the display.

I have not found any other way to do it than that. :smile:

Maxx5600

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,
I'm having a strange behaviour of Edge browser.
In the Url/search field I can't type lowercase s q and u letter.
Uppercase S Q and U are working properly.
Does anybody else having that problem?
Tried switching between German and English layout without effect.

Lumia 930
Yesss Austria

Regards,
Maxx

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
theres no sms alerts for me and no outlook mail notifications in live tile. build 10581. Any ideas? Thanks in advanced
Hi,

I'm using a Lumia 635. Build 10581. I hard reset after upgrade.

My settings are as follows...
Within the Outlook Mail app itself:

Press the ellipsis button (...) > Settings > Options. Under the "Notifications" heading 'Show in action centre' is ON and 'Show a notification banner' and 'Play a sound' are both TICKED.

(I am using version 17.6403.42002.0 of the Outlook Mail app.)

Under the phone settings - i.e. Settings > System > Notifications & actions. For Outlook Mail, I have Notifications ON, Show notification banners ON, Keep notifications private on the lock screen OFF, Vibrate if my sound settings support it ON.

If your settings are different to mine above, you could try and change them to that to see if it helps? I'm not sure it will do, but no harm in trying as with these settings my live tile is updated when email arrives, I receive audible notification and there is also a notification in the notification bar.

:smile:

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,
I'm having a strange behaviour of Edge browser.
In the Url/search field I can't type lowercase s q and u letter.
Uppercase S Q and U are working properly.
Does anybody else having that problem?
Tried switching between German and English layout without effect.

Lumia 930
Yesss Austria

Regards,
Maxx

Hi.

Just checked for you. That's a strange one! I'm having no problems with lower case s, q and u in the URL/search bar in Edge. I am using English (United Kingdom) keyboard.

Lumia 635, build 10581.

Regards.

skederud

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
sorry but the worse thing is no sms alert under the lock and unlock screen. i receve it only when the messaging app is open on the screen

CobaltDragon

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Do you mean power up instantly of just screen on? My screen comes on instantly, just like my iPhone did. I've never had a phone that powered on instantly.

I have separate icons for all of my outlook inboxes and I keep all 5 bundled together in a separate tile, to take up less room. Just Open outlook and go into each inbox individually and the bottom right icon (...) Pin to start. Each one is a separate live tile and shows the unread email in each inbox. I find the notifications update better than the last build. Not instant, but it does happen. My guess this is more of an email server update push to phone question than the phone OS.

I just used the TXT over bluetooth at lunch...Works fine in my car using the End Call button, etc now. I didn't on the last build. Cortana evens hears me much better than before. I don't have to yell.

I don't mean to boot up instantly, I mean when the phone is already on, but "asleep" - when I press the power button it takes a good second to light up the display so I can swipe up.

Texting over BT is not working well for me. Hopefully it gets fixed so it works properly with my car.

Thanks for the tip about the Outlook inboxes, that will resolve a big issue for me. As far as it clearing the tile and notification area, it works fine on my Android tablet and on WP 8.1, so I'm guess it's a bug in the software and hopefully gets some attention.

Captains

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced the screen randomly fizzying out? Some days it's 2 - 4 times other days it never happens. It has started happening in the last few days & I've been running this build for over a week now. A restart is all that is required to fix it & it's only a real problem if it happens & I receive a call. I've tried to take a screen shot but the pic always shows the real goings on underneath all that stripey colour.
Other than that its a smooth operation compared to the past. Emails still a problem, keypad over the top of text a pain & FB messenger still not working. I would really like to see a fix to storage so I can install my remaining apps.

Last edited:

rkarolak

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
In general it's working well on my unlocked (ATT Branded) Lumia 1020. However, I'm having problems with the hotspot disconnecting under the lock screen. It looks like that's one thing they still need to fix...

Hankerin

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi.

To make a photo a favourite:

1. Open Photo's App.
  2. Click on the photo you want to make a favourite, so that it opens.
  3. Click the heart icon at the bottom of the display.

I have not found any other way to do it than that. :smile:

Okay, this is weird. That's what I used to do in 8.1. Just discovered that all my photos through October don't have the heart, just the icons for share, edit and delete. The two photos I have from November 4th (one taken with the L920 the other saved from a text message) have share, favorite, edit and delete. Wonder if this is because the option wasn't there on builds when the older photos were taken.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
No idea why, but today was awful on my battery. My routine is that I start everyday at 100%. Usually have 80%+ left by the time I get home. Today, I was at 20% by lunchtime. By 12:30pm I was at 9%.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven