Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Had another issue this morning. Quiet Hours failed to switch off at the specified time (7:00AM), and the button in the action centre is now always labelled as "Disabled" but with the colour showing that it is enabled (so "Disabled" is enabled)...

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I have a question for those who run 10581 on a 640. I'm about to upgrade my 640 (now on 10549) to the latest build, but :

I know that motion data won't update/upgrade and will show an error in store, but does it still work in spite of the store error?

thanks

andyqkw

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a question for those who run 10581 on a 640. I'm about to upgrade my 640 (now on 10549) to the latest build, but :

I know that motion data won't update/upgrade and will show an error in store, but does it still work in spite of the store error?

thanks

Doesn't work for me on my L930.

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Anyone able to get to storage sense? Cannot see my free space on the 1520, though I don't have a SD in.
You cannot see your storage on this build.For me, do not see my internal storage at all.My sd card is gibberish.

I rrecommend getting the files app on the store.Its a microsoft app that gives you your free storage,and most of the files/folders.Although you cannot see apps with this

wrenfgun01

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Oh my goodness... This is a known issue that was mentioned at the time of launch and has also been mentioned a number of times around here. Some people don't even try.

Yeesh, sorry. Didn't have a chance to scan this massive thread and I'm fairly new to the platform..thanks for being so welcoming!

Doug Swallow

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
In all fairness, Microsoft's got a crappy method of providing information about Insider Preview builds. And a crappier method of providing feedback for them. It's not exactly in-your-face for people anywhere; you kind of have to dig to even find a link to the info Gabe posts.

Is there even a mention or link to the Blog (Gabe Aul | Windows Experience Blog) where Gabe Aul posts info about the insider preview builds from the link people would go to for getting into the Insider Preview? And Twitter, really? Yeah, I'm gonna go to Twitter and wade through all that garbage for the one post in a hundred with anything useful, if it can fit in 140 characters.

Download Windows Insider Preview for phones - Microsoft Windows

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
How's Lumia 830 doing in the latest build? Anybody? Any issues?

Using it on my 830 as a daily driver. There are a few bugs here and there, but no showstoppers. General speed and battery life are excellent compared to previous builds.

The only thing that annoys me is Windows Camera. The app is complete junk at the moment. Luckily Camera360 Sight fills the void.

tyee44

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
i had similar issues upgrading from Nokia 1520 518/521?? build to the nee 581. after a reset and turning unit on and off several times and letting it take its time to settle down it finally calmed down and the screens worked perfectly. it probably didn't help that i waited thru several upgrade builds to do this last upgrade. now my nokia seems much faster with much faster download speeds. it is still annoying to see some apps work once then have to turn my phone off and on to get the app working again. with this upgrade my multiple emails in Outlook work much better

tale 85

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
This is the first build that doesn't make me want 8.1 back. Now if we can get the storage issue fixed I'll be happy as schnidt.

nematombo15

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
My 1520 has restarted itself twice thus far which is an improvement from the previous build. The battery life has improved and the battery app is more accurate in it's reading. My Outlook is more of a hit or miss but as a daily drive this build is almost solid.

511pf

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Here's my post on 830 issues is here. I solved the Motion Data issue with correct settings in the FitBit app. I've had one reboot since then. I would say that it's not perfect, but it's good for a daily driver. In the camera app, you sometimes can't click the photo at the top right to review photos (it does nothing). Looking forward to the next build fixing these little issues.

indospot

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Yeesh, sorry. Didn't have a chance to scan this massive thread and I'm fairly new to the platform..thanks for being so welcoming!

I just have a lot of bad luck with who I get angry at. It's just that you're not the first one who asks things like that and it gets really tiring to see people asking the same questions over and over again when Microsoft themselves told us about that problem from the beginning. It's getting nothing to do with you, I just needed to blow up in someone's face.
But do you always jump into preview software when you're new to a platform?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12