Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
511pf said:
solved the Motion Data issue with correct settings in the FitBit app.

How? The refered post does mention the issue, but not the solution. On my 640, motion data appears in settings, but won't even open.

saras112

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
windows 10 a mobile is almost in Rtm realise and Windows Camera. Still has a huge bug. When you take a photo in dark with flash flash goes first and after that it takes the photo. And because of the delay between flash and taking photo, photos are dark and impossible to take with a flash.

Omoronovo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Edge is veeery slow in some sites like windows central forum...
Also w central app takes couple of seconds to load...

That's mainly because Windows Central is a terribly designed mobile site. Try the app instead.

The site itself has about a million advertisements, and until Edge gets adblock/extension support the site is unusable. Works okay in IE11 on WP8.1 because it doesn't render half of it properly and gives up.

Mallguvner

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I just have a lot of bad luck with who I get angry at. It's just that you're not the first one who asks things like that and it gets really tiring to see people asking the same questions over and over again when Microsoft themselves told us about that problem from the beginning. It's getting nothing to do with you, I just needed to blow up in someone's face.
But do you always jump into preview software when you're new to a platform?

On your 26th post ever you're still criticizing.. He felt like joining in. Maybe he's got an extra phone to play with... He's new to the platform.. Everything Microsoft phones need out of new people... What's to criticize on the longest thread ever...

ADufresne

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
Couldn't agree more. WC is the slowest web site I frequent by a good margin. I appreciate that they need advertising to keep the lights on but there's something horribly inefficient about the mix of content they build today.

wrenfgun01

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
I just have a lot of bad luck with who I get angry at. It's just that you're not the first one who asks things like that and it gets really tiring to see people asking the same questions over and over again when Microsoft themselves told us about that problem from the beginning. It's getting nothing to do with you, I just needed to blow up in someone's face.
But do you always jump into preview software when you're new to a platform?

When I say "new", I mean a few months. I owned an Icon for a few months and am in my first run with a 1520.

andrew-in-woking

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I've just updated to this build from Windows Phone 8.1 and so far I haven't had any problems at all other then the Storage Sense bug that Microsoft are aware of. I haven't done a hard reset and everything seems to be working.

The Hey Cortana function works but the training doesn't. I have a feeling that the training would work if I reset it but I don't want to risk it.

illegaloperation

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
As someone who has tried Windows 10 Mobile, I can't believe how shockingly bad it is on my Lumia 920.

Microsoft Edge crash every time I try to open it.

Lock screen is super buggy.

Everything feels slower compare to Windows Phone 8.1.

Deyan Dimov

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm on 10581 with lumia 920, and Edge also crashed, as Weather and much, but I backuped, hard reset and restored, and now is fine. Phone app is a bit slower, but after all it's ok. Battery is also not much worse than before. I only miss Here apps :/

patb63

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
So, here's my take, FWIW:

I have a Lumia 1520 (my only phone) upgraded to build 10581. When I first upgraded, I did not do a hard reset. Things seemed to work okay, except I could not train Cortana. After a week of that, I decided to do a hard reset to see if that helped anything. After the hard reset, when I try to use Hey, Cortana, I get a message saying my phone is not capable of doing voice recognition. Tried a second hard reset with the same results.

I have also noticed that I cannot connect my phone by USB cable to my laptop (Window's 7 Pro), or my Surface Pro 2 tablet (Windows 10 TP). I have tried to do this because I cannot get custom ringtones to be seen by my phone. I downloaded them using my OneDrive account, but I do not see them when I try to select them in Settings/Personalization.

Overall, I like the way the Windows 10 Mobile platform is looking. I am one of those die-hards who think the final version will be worth all the pains we have gone through during the preview process. Here's hoping when I upgrade to the Surface Pro 4, I still feel the same way!!!

muddyblackdog

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm on 10581 with lumia 920, and Edge also crashed, as Weather and much, but I backuped, hard reset and restored, and now is fine. Phone app is a bit slower, but after all it's ok. Battery is also not much worse than before. I only miss Here apps :/

I installed 10581 on my ATT 1020 - so, are you saying after you restored from backup after hard reset, Edge is working? what about your navigation apps, not working or not available?

Joseph Avena

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Ok one week of use
- can't set separate ring tones for individuals, get a message that an app is required
- HFP (Hand Free Phone) for Navigation via the cars Bluetooth is no longer working
- The colors on the Maps app are horrible and not clear, text is too small
- If you increase your "ease of access: text it's not consistent throughout the phone experience.
- Alerts for the phone are muted
- when getting messages you should have the ability to get alerted at least twice

MrGecko

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
On my Icon, Edge loads to only see the "e" then dumps back to the home screen. I have to use Google to use the internet. Also, a longer delay to get to the lock screen.

Everything else is working great!

Pradz

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Just got 10581 from 8.1 on my Lumia 920. Loving it! Response is really quick and smooth operation. The only thing I faced was to soft-reset my phone to get Cortana working.

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
patb63,

That's a bummer that your 1520 isn't running Hey Cortana. It works (and trained) really well on my 1520, AFTER not working at all before the hard reset.

It is a bit frustrating that such different results can experienced from one identical Lumia to the next, with the preview builds. Although I suspect we all take various avenues\paths to our loading and configuring. And almost any deviation appears to have impact.

I can only tell you what I did exactly:
AT&T (gimped to 16 gig internal) version of a 1520
Started with a Fresh install of 8.1
Let it finish installing and updating EVERYTHING the default install of 8.1 wanted to do.
Loaded 10581
Did NOT hard reset.
Waited 24 hours for ALL app updates and such to complete.
Noticed the Storage Sense messed up UI and that Hey Cortana was not available.
Removed SD card
Hard Reset
Again, allowed Everything to update and populate.
Did NOT put the SD card back in.
Hey Cortana works very nicely and she trained exactly like she is designed to.

I am not going to download a bunch of offline maps and stuff like that while I am running without an SD card. But the Hey Cortana and the sweeeet pairing and functions of the Band 2 with the 1520\10581 is worth it.

As I have stated before, I can see where this is going. I am really looking forward to a mature build of W10M on a 950XL and Continuum and the Band 2. Combined with my Surface, I'm as versatile, mobile, and connected as I could only dream of just a few years ago.

illegaloperation

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Here's my experience on my Lumia 920:

Calendar crashed on opening.

Data Sense crashed on opening.

Maps crashed on opening.

Microsoft Edge crashed on opening.

Overall, I give my experience an F-

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads