Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
rolled back to WP 8.1 today after a week of W10 build 581. it was all smooth and a few app crashes here and there - love W10 on my 640. but 2 days ago it started to drain the battery and keep on heating for some reason. restarts didn't help and rolled back to wp 8.1 untill the final version gets released.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Updated my 1520 to from WP8.1 to W10M build 10581 about a week ago (with hard reset). I have been mainly satisfied with this build, seems to work well as a daily driver.

Yesterday however there suddenly appeared an annoying glitch. When typing in portrait mode, the on-screen keyboard suddenly turned narrow. It's now maybe 70% of the original width in all applications. I have found no way to return it back to full width. Screen capture enclosed.

Has anyone faced a similar bug? If so, have you been able to solve it somehow? Or could this be related to some upcoming feature I am not aware of?

View attachment 116342

Change scaling setting for display and also for text

Maybe that could help

rph2

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Change scaling setting for display and also for text

Maybe that could help

Thanks for the tip. Scaling settings did not work but I found answer anyway!

This really was a feature I was not aware of. When long pressing the &123 button on lower left, there opens a menu for advanced keyboard settings. You can choose if the keyboard is shown either on the left, middle (full size) or right side. For some reason the setting for right position was on. This is actually pretty nice option as with large screen you do not need to reach too far when typing!

tomylee

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
Since saturday my contacts don't work anymore. There is an update in the store but it will not download because of error 0x8103010D.
Anyone a glue?

werner6769

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
The big question for me, is are text messages restoring on this build?

Has anyone who had the text message problem in the previous build installed this one and got a different result?

You need to turn synchronization on in the messenger app settings and how long ago to sync. It works for me.

werner6769

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Some issues on my Lumia 521. The medium brightness is lower than the low setting. Some apps refuse to update. Storage space is not showing. Store is slow. Wish the email app opened faster without the splash screen when first opened. Doesn't feel native to me.

Ivan Kim Reyes

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
I'm using Lumia 540 build 10581. Here are some minor issues with my phone.
1. The date and time in lock screen doesn't appear immediately.
2. Some apps doesn't perform as fast as they were in WP8.1
3. When trying to block a message or a contact in Messaging App, it only brings me back to Home screen.
4. When pressing BACK from an opened app and brought back to App List, the translucent background disappears.
5. The LIGHT THEME has some issues in messaging. Some text in the messaging app appears to be black (font) and some are white (font) which doesn't suit my color theme.
6. When enabling some stuffs in settings, it just brings me back to home screen.
7. Cortana is stressed and seems like not in the mood to talk about some stuffs. Lol.
8. call+SMS filter still does not work like it was in WP8.1
9. The VPN icon on my action center shows random numbers.
10. When selecting a message on my messaging app, the keyboard automatically shows up but you need to click the text box first so you can start typing which is insanely odd and makes the automatic appearance of keyboard useless.

RkNguyen

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
10581 doesn't work for my L1320. I upgrade from 10536 to 10581 and my phone is bricked now.
The upgrade process stops when it said need to reboot after finish 100% downloading. When reboot, it show this icon :-( and turn off. I cannot do anything.
Can anyone help me ?

Sherif Hafez

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
10581 doesn't work for my L1320. I upgrade from 10536 to 10581 and my phone is bricked now.
The upgrade process stops when it said need to reboot after finish 100% downloading. When reboot, it show this icon :-( and turn off. I cannot do anything.
Can anyone help me ?

Use windows phone recovery tool to go back to WP 8.1, This is the only choice you have.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I'll ask again - anyone else not being able to use Facebook's website other than in full Desktop mode or the stripped down m.facebook.com site? The "rich" mobile site no longer works for me, after I did a "clear data" on Edge the other day. I have no idea how to fix it.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I'll ask again - anyone else not being able to use Facebook's website other than in full Desktop mode or the stripped down m.facebook.com site?

Got the same problem. I haven't looked up the update history of Edge, so I don't know if it's the version that shipped with build 10581 or was updated after that. Regardless, my guess is that the user agent string changed and FB doesn't recognize it so it's just sending back the full site or the stripped down mobile site.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Got the same problem. I haven't looked up the update history of Edge, so I don't know if it's the version that shipped with build 10581 or was updated after that. Regardless, my guess is that the user agent string changed and FB doesn't recognize it so it's just sending back the full site or the stripped down mobile site.

Glad it's not just me. I hope it will be fixed.

Not only does it show the Desktop site but it doesn't function properly. Clicking on "Comments" for a post doesn't do anything, and many posts don't even indicate that there are comments or likes at all. It's pretty much unusable now.

Ivan Kim Reyes

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
Yeah.. I don't know if the hardware has something to do with it or is it just because of my usage or the battery icon that got larger but I guess the battery life came out to be better. Can't wait for the next build! :)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Glad it's not just me. I hope it will be fixed.

Not only does it show the Desktop site but it doesn't function properly. Clicking on "Comments" for a post doesn't do anything, and many posts don't even indicate that there are comments or likes at all. It's pretty much unusable now.

I use UC browser, maybe you should try it?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I still think MS can better optimise how cellular consumes battery. I just opened feedback app, gave a couple of suggestions, uploaded them along with 20 diagnostic reports and my battery went down from 78% to 64%. It wasn't even 10 minutes. That is a bad amount of drain, even on 3G or 2G network

Standby battery drain is okay but when using cellular the drain is too fast. It's sometimes 1% per minute.

tbase

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
installed this build on my nokia lumia 520 from build 10536 two dayz ago and everything seems to be working fine. Battery life has greatly improved, the fon doesnt run too hot anymore, apps now load quite fast and the fon hasnt restarted or froze yet to my surprise. However the lock screen is still buggy but apart from that everything is running smoothly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb