Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Screenshot?
Fixed it on the computer...

mfTNOIc.png

Laura Papile1

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Build 10581.0 is driving me nuts, mainly the reason that edge does not work, glance screen and service hub to name others, but the edge problem is my main concern and after countless resets, which just screws up something else when u reset, I.e. Cortana, I don't want to reset again for nothing. Anyone know anything about this edge not working issue?I'm on a Lumia 820 btw, and anything related to edge like using a code scanner doesn't work. Please help!!:(

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
That's the normal page right?
Yep correct. Never took a screenshot of the weird one and it doesn't show anymore. Never seen one as stripped down as the one I got, it was really ugly and basic with just text everywhere. Seems like some user agent issue but I have changed nothing it just started to show the correct page all of a sudden.

Rob Reynolds

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
I have got this build on my 640xl and it is working like a dream! So much so , I am using it as my daily driver. Couple of bugs with apps not opening (Flipboard being one of them) but I found re installing the app sorted it out. Everything i need to work is ( alarms, phone calls,texts etc) groove seems to be ok as well. Seems to be very stable

vtm

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
10581 works fairly well on my 1520. Today, I decided to leave my iPhone 6 Plus at home and use 1520 alone. Let see how i get through the day. Of course, it has issues and hiccups, but it's not bad at all. iOS 9 also has issues :grin:

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
10581 works fairly well on my 1520. Today, I decided to leave my iPhone 6 Plus at home and use 1520 alone. Let see how i get through the day. Of course, it has issues and hiccups, but it's not bad at all. iOS 9 also has issues :grin:
In the same boat here. I have a iPhone 6S Plus besides my Lumia 1520 but I left my iPhone at home today to use the Lumia all day. Yeah, WM10 still has issues and is a bit unstable with apps crashing sometimes and general hickups here and there. Though it is usable in everyday life. But today I stopped getting push notifications from Facebook Messenger all of a sudden.

Granted, iOS 9 has issues as well but they are slowly sorting them out. Using iOS 9.2 beta 3 at the moment as a daily driver without any problems.

vtm

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
iOS 9 is definitely a pretty well polished OS, but there are certain aspects of WinMO that draws me back in.The most important aspects for me are the core applications, Mail/Calendar/News/Sports/Weather/Notes + others. Windows does it better IMO, if they can get the OS more stable with at least those core applications, it would make me happier. I know there are many users that rely on various other 3rd party apps for their daily use, but I'm next to a computer all day, phone for me is more of a pleasure.
For example,. I find it that typing on WinMo is a lot more comfortable than it is on iOS, I simply hate their keyboard. Especially if you have more than 2 keyboards, you got to go in circles to get back to keyboard 1 and if you have Emoji, then the switch button changes positions. Come on, what kind of ***** thought that changing position of the keyboard switch button would be a good idea :)))))

kennedyk24

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I have no edge since the new build. any link has a pop up that says edge needs to be updated in the store but there's no app in the store when I check. Any ideas? Opera mini and UC just aren't the same.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Hard reset is the only solution. Edge is a core system component, not an app

I know that's not true on the non-phone version of 10 - it's not a part of the OS and can be updated independently. It's also a universal app, so I would think that it holds true for the phone as well as the desktop that it's not a core OS feature. I could be wrong, though.

Wookieekiller

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Maybe I just don't use windows phone enough but is the "recent apps" viewer new?? Long pressing the back button opens a recent app menu kinda like on my Android. I can't believe I never noticed that before. SMH.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I just don't use windows phone enough but is the "recent apps" viewer new?? Long pressing the back button opens a recent app menu kinda like on my Android. I can't believe I never noticed that before. SMH.
That's been there since at least a couple of years back with WP8. New look in W10M though with the 2x2 layout.

Wookieekiller

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
That's been there since at least a couple of years back with WP8. New look in W10M though with the 2x2 layout.

Lol wow, I only started using windows phone since I got a 640 to test out Windows 10 on it, never noticed it till now. Don't even know why I long pressed the back button. lol

p.ashton

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
These are not just recent apps you're seeing. These are apps that are still running in the background. Not all apps close when you return to the start screen. While in this screen, you can switch between apps and close ones you are not using anymore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion