Windows Mobile 10572 outlook live tiles not working and email attachments, battery? 10581 issues

markm75

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I first reverted to 8.1.. then signed up for the insider program fast ring again, did the update to 10572..

After updating i chose to restore my backup i had made on the previous version i think 10536 or similar..

Not everything fully restored but that was fine.

performance has been much much better i will say that.. what isnt working for me:

Outlook live tiles for email notifications.. and also.. as in previous builds.. emails with attachments, if you click them to download/view (and often for content that isnt downloaded), it just spins, either from Exchange or from Gmail accounts.

Does anyone know of a fix for either of these?

Battery life still stinks.. barely used the phone all day, by 3pm its at 44%, started at 98% around 10am.. in the past with win 8.1 by 5pm it would be at worst 67% or so.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows Mobile 10572 outlook live tiles not working and email attachments, battery? Nokia 1020

Why are you on build 10572? Windows 10 Mobile build 10581 is available.

markm75

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows Mobile 10572 outlook live tiles not working and email attachments, battery? Nokia 1020

Why are you on build 10572? Windows 10 Mobile build 10581 is available.

Ah wow, looks like it just came out and in fact my phone shows 48% on the download.. thanks for pointing that out, hopefully email live tiles start working :)

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Ah wow, looks like it just came out and in fact my phone shows 48% on the download.. thanks for pointing that out, hopefully email live tiles start working :)

Email live tiles are already working much better for me!

MBY

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

Outlook live tiles are working pretty well for me, which is good because I'm not getting any Outlook notifications at all. Notifications are on in both Outlook and action center.

markm75

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site

I had to do a wipe on mine.. after it updated to 10581 i had a jumbled mess for a start screen.. looked like a collage.

markm75

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site

Everything else seems pretty solid (so far).. i only wish edge would have thumbnails for pages pinned like IE used to.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I had to do a wipe on mine.. after it updated to 10581 i had a jumbled mess for a start screen.. looked like a collage.

it's the most famous and most resolved bug. Just googling or read the Gabe Blog

markm75

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site

it's the most famous and most resolved bug. Just googling or read the Gabe Blog

Applying a different background picture as a fix? I dont think i had one set, but maybe i did.. Oh well.. i'm liking my new clean version :) I could always restore from backup, but this is ok so far, will keep in mind for the next one.

markm75

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Been running 10581.. as i said it seemed more stable.. but there are still highly annoying issues..

Messaging and other built in apps sometimes randomly disappear and close.

The built in outlook client still has issues fully downloading email content.. you click the download button at the bottom, so the whole email can be seen (gmail) and it just cranks and cranks and never downloads the complete message.. same for attachments.

In Edge.. if you send via email a page, the outlook icon fills the screen and the progress bar goes on forever.

If you have a ton of things pinned (unsure if its the quantity or a specific app or apps causing this), but the start screen will crash as you try to move things that are pinned or grouped.. usually after about 2 "moves" it crashes.. or if you try to drag a pin to the top, about halfway on the drag the whole thing bombs.

There are some music streaming apps that only seem to work on wifi.. which worked on cellular in the past.. i'm not sure if this is a bug or done intentionally till final release.

Battery life is still a bit weak.. on the nokia 1020, down to about 40% with very little use after 5 hours.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Been running 10581.. as i said it seemed more stable.. but there are still highly annoying issues..

Messaging and other built in apps sometimes randomly disappear and close.

The built in outlook client still has issues fully downloading email content.. you click the download button at the bottom, so the whole email can be seen (gmail) and it just cranks and cranks and never downloads the complete message.. same for attachments.

In Edge.. if you send via email a page, the outlook icon fills the screen and the progress bar goes on forever.

If you have a ton of things pinned (unsure if its the quantity or a specific app or apps causing this), but the start screen will crash as you try to move things that are pinned or grouped.. usually after about 2 "moves" it crashes.. or if you try to drag a pin to the top, about halfway on the drag the whole thing bombs.

There are some music streaming apps that only seem to work on wifi.. which worked on cellular in the past.. i'm not sure if this is a bug or done intentionally till final release.

Battery life is still a bit weak.. on the nokia 1020, down to about 40% with very little use after 5 hours.

Are you sure all core apps are updated? check Store -> hamburger key -> My downloads -> check updates? Quite All these apps have bene updated twice

markm75

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure all core apps are updated? check Store -> hamburger key -> My downloads -> check updates? Quite All these apps have bene updated twice

Yeah they seem to have been.. i do have one update pending, the glance screen.. but it shows an error 0x803F7003 (which doesnt have a lot of answers online)..

The glitch with moving pins seems to be (mostly) related to grouped pins in the live folders.. when you move say 2 or more within the same folder it then crashes.

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Same here with glance problem. It doesn't work at all at the moment. Can't access it in settings or anything. SysApp Pusher can't find it either.

markm75

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Suddenly my pinned subfolders of gmail, at least some of them, arent updating the tile anymore.. seems to come and go... i tried increasing the check rate to every 30 mins no change..

Also.. i can confirm with my phone gmail attachments, pics, etc, will not download.. just spins.. anyone else have this issue? (exchange works)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven