10581 Battery Improvement - It's True!

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I use my 920 _alot_ so I don't get many hours... But I still see a huge improvement in battery still. If I'm off work I'm getting almost 6 hours of batterlife compared to 1,5 hour with the previous build.

My battery would last alot longer if I hadn't abused it for 2,5 years though. :) I'm surprised it still works. I had a Samsung Galaxy S2 which gave up after 11 months.

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Can you define "high usage"

Average to high usage, in my perspective, means pretty heavy screen on time, with task such as browsing, phone calls, emails, gaming and youtube videos.
If I can recall correctly I did the below things:

The usual browsing of all the Windows blogs :p (~20 minutes)
Research the lenovo yoga 2 8 (~30 minutes) (awesome little device!)
15 minutes phone calls,
Sent emails
Jet car stunts gaming for 30 minutes (I love this game, reminds me of trackmania!)
One 1+ hour long documentary on Perfect Tube and a couple of 10 minutes videos from the subscription feed,
Set appointments and reminders / note taking with onenote / saved map locations
Updates / downloaded 2 new apps, tried out, deleted.. :p
In the night browsing news, about the asteroid flyby, sports and those Windows blogs again (!)
20 minutes music playback with groove
Searched and downloaded photos with Perfect Wallpaper / Edited a bunch of photos with autodesk pixlr
Spent 20 minutes on Readit
Many calculations with the calculator in order to build the space station in kerbal (I'm a noob)

This is pretty much what I remember I did with the phone.
Of course they where short screen on sessions for minor stuff as usual :)

The fact is that the usage scenarios are defined exclusively by the user and everyone has different perspective on those 3 values (light,average and heavy)
I wrote average to high usage because after all the work and media consumption I've done, I wasn't expecting the battery to last that long and frankly, it is on par with WP8.1!

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
No scientific measurements here but it seems about the same (as 8.1) or slightly better on my 640 XL and 735. Standby is excellent.

bmamo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I can't say the same for my experience with 925. Battery used to give me a full day, now my mobile phone seems to not be mobile anymore, constantly plugged in. I don't get any more than 4 hours!!

beachedwhale42

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
My 920's battery would last a day (or two with light usage) on 8.1. Right now on 10581, it was at 57% after three hours. Yes I did a hard reset after upgrading, so no, that doesn't automatically fix everything. And it's not like I can really turn the offensive processes off either....it seems like the worst offenders are Messaging + Skype and Cortana.

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
10581 battery as good as 8.1 on my 640,I charge it every day by habit and its never below 50%.The longest run is 1 day 11 hours on my battery stat.Could easily go 2 days or more and I use the phone a lot for web browsing

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss