No sound in recorded video (build 10581)

fjordstrom

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone!

The current build and the one before it are really great. I only have one problem: when I record a video, there's no sound. I already tried resetting en reinstalling from 8.1, but I still have the problem (don't have it in 8.1).

Does anyone else have this problem?
I have a Lumia 930.

mjnash

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I've just loaded 10586.36 and I too get no sound on video recording. I went into security, microphone, and the camera is not listed. I was thinking of uninstalling camera and re-installing from the store? any other ideas?:unhappy:

danielgr

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Same problem, and already in Build 10586.122
Otherwise this build is the first one where everything in the phone seems to work right, except for this non negligible problem.

Also checked it out, and the Camera is indeed not listed among the apps that can use the Microphone... so it seems this is clearly a software problem... Guess that's one of the reasons Microsoft has still to ship W10 to W8 devices... imagine telling the masses : "Sorry but W10 does not support recording audio with your Lumia device" ...

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I have sound in my 520. Same as all builds. My only complaint is older app updates gave me video stabilization, even if my phone doesn't support it, and was great :(

huayna51

Nov 26, 2017
Visit site
SOLVED
There are TWO different controls for Audio one for calls, audio messages and ONE for MEDIA and APPS. You have to adjust the Media one for videos.
Press the top button on the right side and touch the little arrow on the screen and you will see the two controls

Yilia Yang

Mar 14, 2018
Visit site
I met the same situation as well. At that moment, I was urgent to make a recording for sharing with my friends. Hence, I turn to screen capture with audio. It has access to both Windows and Mac OS.
It can record video with audio in perfect synchronization. Any unwanted audio can be removed as well if you want.
From my own experience, I got that it is necessary to equip our operating system with a decent recorder.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb