Unable to start download of build 10581

Pedro Cavaleiro

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm currently running on my Nokia Lumia 930 the Windows 10 Mobile 10549 and already spotted the new build 10581 the following list of updates
  • Insider Fast configuration update
  • Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones (10.0.10581.0)
And bellow the list I have the following message
Battery Saver is turned on, so we've paused downloads. We'll start downloading again when Battery Saver is turned off.

Tried already to restart the phone, soft reset
Turned off automatic Battery Saver.
Reinstalled Windows Insider App to reenroll on Fast Ring, but as expected, it says that there are updates pending.

I'm avoiding hard reset because I only want to leave Windows Insider Program to Install the RTM version on December.

Have anyone found a solution without Hard Reset? Or only with Hard Reset?

to_be_announced

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Try leaving it on the charger during the install. Also, after turning off the auto battery saver mode, be sure to manually turn it off or ensure that it is off.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
Try a hard reset. Don't add any of your old apps, don't restore. Add only Insider Preview app from store. Try a again.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

eishan

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
::RESOLVED::
I was facing this issue for some days. I am using Lumia 640XL. When trying to upgrade to 10581 from build 10536 the download got stuck at 0%. I did soft resets a couple of times but no luck. Then I rolled back to 8.1 using Windows Recovery Tool and tried again but it was still stuck. Then I did a hard reset by "Settings>About>Reset" installed Windows Insider and tried again to download and it worked. Some guys here told that the key is a hard reset and to not the phone get locked until the download starts at least. Worked for me. Try it. Cheers.

Thank you Windows Central...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos