Games Not Working Right in W10M (Portrait View)

Mister Gore

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey fellow WPers,

First of all, I love W10 on my phone. I can't wait until everything is set in stone and we get a fully polished version of the OS, but there has been one problem I've had with any build, and I am wondering if I am the only one or if someone knows something I can tweak for a fix.

On my Lumia 535, anytime I play a game that is in Portrait view (such as Lara Croft Relic Run or the new Runenals game) the screen adjusts for where the navigation bar is, but it leaves part of the game uncovered, and the touch response is off due to this (usually if I am pressing a button on the screen I have to press below it and to the left or right). Is this something that is common, or does anyone know what I can do to fix this? It makes playing some of these games impossible, and is really the only downside in my experience to W10.

Sorry if this has been covered before, I am using the WinCentral app and did a brief search, but didn't find anything. Any help is appreciated!

Demian Mioc

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Some games aren't optimized for Lumia 535 screen size and ratio, especially when navigation bar is hidden. Such games run somewhat you described in Portrait or Landscape, but they refuse to stretch on full screen, so navigation bar space remains. Examples are Relic run, Asphalt8, Microsoft Solitaire etc.

Mister Gore

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Well damn, that sucks. At least I know it isn't just me haha. Guess it's a good thing I held onto my 920 as a "game phone" for my kids.

Thanks for the info, it's appreciated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6