For those whose band not getting general notification with 10581

yaoye78

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
My band has no problem syncing, is getting email notifications, and works with Cortana but it never gets general notifications. I had the same issue with 10576 as well.

It turns out that the reason is Microsoft Health app has no permission to notifications. I guess initially when the health app was installed, the band was not paired yet, so health app requested location permission only but skipped notifications. Then when band got paired, health app requested permission to the band, still not notifications...

the solution is easy, just pair the band first, then reinstall health app. It should then request all three (location, notification and band). And the issue should be gone.

Hopefully it helps.

MP3Mike

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, that got call and text notifications working for me again on 10586. (Even though it did ask about setting up permissions even when I hadn't paired the Band first.)

But now it is like the Band can't talk to the phone. I can no longer "hangup" a call, or reply via the Band. (Keyboard, Cortana, or pre-written.)

Any ideas for that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes