Do we finally have a decent SMS delivery report?

anon(5725119)

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Check out these screenshots from my phone running 10581:

wp_ss_20151101_0003.jpgwp_ss_20151101_0004.jpgwp_ss_20151101_0005.jpg

One thread says Talkmobile Chat and one says Talkmobile Text. I have no idea why it's different for these two contacts. On the one with chat, it says delivered next to the message. It said it next to every text I sent to that person, until I sent another, i.e it only says "Delivered" below the most recently sent text. The weird thing is that this person actually didn't receive any of my messages :/

When I turn chat off in the settings, it goes back to Talkmobile Text and I can send texts to that person again. This is the only contact where it says chat. Maybe something in development?

Attachments

• wp_ss_20151101_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20151101_0001.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 15

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Interesting, i can see the chat settings as well, it is turned on, but i don't see delivered written under any sms text...

But i guess something is happening, which is nice, finally! And i don't wan't another sms just to confirm something was delivered. I would actually prefer the symbian notification system, if anyone still remembers that :)

anon(5725119)

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Don't have any chat option in my SMS settings. Is Talkmobile your operator?

Yeah, Talkmobile is my operator.

Interesting, i can see the chat settings as well, it is turned on, but i don't see delivered written under any sms text...

But i guess something is happening, which is nice, finally! And i don't wan't another sms just to confirm something was delivered. I would actually prefer the symbian notification system, if anyone still remembers that :)

What was the Symbian system?

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Weird. I wonder if it has something to do with MMS.

I have the chat option too, but none of my threads have the option to toggle to "Vodafone Chat". Only "Vodafone Text" and "Skype"

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
What was the Symbian system?

Delivery report will be displayed on a pop up window for a second, and all delivery reports resides on their own section/folder. Practically the same as current WP8.1 implementation, but without a separate text message as delivery report.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
All the answers are correct. Pop up notification was the best, not a seperate text, it's annoying if you text a lot. And if you miss it, it could be even under the text itself, like showing in OP post, that would be a nice option :)

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
OK, I've upgraded my 640 (single SIM) to 10581. My dual sim 535 already was under 10581.

a) the 535 has not chat option. There's always my operator name written under each message (which is normal for a dual sim)
b) the 640 has another menu. I have the chat option. If I enable it, it's written "Orange F" under each of my message. Disabled, this mention disappears,
c) I don't have the field to enter my phone number, but the 3 radio boxes yes
d) generally, new features are missing on dual sim : in settings/phone, I can't set "vibrate when my call is connected" when on the 640, this option has appeared, etc.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Then maybe it depends on the SIM. My Dual SIM 535 is a French Country Variant, SIM1 is Orange France, but SIM2 is a Finnish operator.

Do you have 2 SIM of the same country?

anon(5725119)

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Does the guy you're texting too use a w10M device? The same operator?

They have an Android phone - this is happening with a few people now, and they all have Android phones. I'm not totally sure about the operator. My operator is Talkmobile, which is an MVNO using Vodafone's infrastructure, and I think this person might be with Vodafone - that COULD maybe be the explanation?

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Could be. Now back on my 640 (used the 535 dual SIM for a few days). What I can say:
a) on the 535 DS : only my Orange France SIM has a chat option, not the 2nd SIM (which has a Finnish SIM). 535 DS is a FR CV,
b) on the 640 single SIM : I have the chat option (FR CV, French SIM)

But in both cases, I'm not asked to provide my phone number "to enable the chat mode". So I never have that "Text vs Chat" option when texting.

This being said, if I disable chat option on the 640, I no longer have the operator mention under each message. Re enabling it will display which operator was used under each SMS. This has always existed on the dual SIM device (to identify which SMS you use).

Hmm, looking forward for the next build, or more information from MS.

spacesnow

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
It would be enough if user can change the delivery notification to come in silently. No need to beep after every sms sent ffs. Symbian way was really nice. You got delivery announcements in a separate folder + quick popup without stupid sounds. Developers are getting dumb or what?

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
It would be enough if user can change the delivery notification to come in silently. No need to beep after every sms sent ffs. Symbian way was really nice. You got delivery announcements in a separate folder + quick popup without stupid sounds. Developers are getting dumb or what?

?? Since WP8.1, you can mute any thread. I've muted the "Mobile Operator" one, so I have silent receipts. Works in W10M as well.

Creeto

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Okay all of a sudden it's working....

View attachment 115972

It even has typing indicator at the bottom. How is that even possible on SMS? Guys what's going on?!

I don't have the chat option on my device,950 att usa. This is a tease. Guys What's going on?

On the other hand, I can send sms messages via cortana on my pc by saying text.i hope they hurry with all these features on the universal messaging app pc/phone/xbox. Please hurry msft have this done before surface phone launch. Since 950 was worse experience of a launch ever ruined a chance to gain peoples confidence in microsoft to give the platform another try.

Last edited:

spacesnow

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
?? Since WP8.1, you can mute any thread. I've muted the "Mobile Operator" one, so I have silent receipts. Works in W10M as well.

Hey, could you explain how to mute the mobile operator thread in W10M. The option is not active on my phone since I upgraded to W10M. I can mute any other thread but not the Operator. It was working fine on 8.1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos