12-01-2015 04:50 PM
57 123
tools
    Standing by news
    11-04-2015 02:57 AM
    Ok this is what i want..
    1. Groove music to add more colours.. Background as per album art colour.. App looks very simple
    2. Transparent action centre(pc like). Would even like to see music controls
    3. Swipe gesture in messaging app to quick delete
    5. Option of ability to see notifications on lockscreen and even reply to them..
    Almost everything told here.
    But I know already that we won't have anything more on the lockscreen.
    11-04-2015 04:33 AM
    I don't really care what I get in the next Insider update, it is an insider update and is not finished.

However, they do have a LOT of work to do before final. I don't think they will manage. I'm not speaking about bugs which I think will mostly be solved. But the user interface ... the user interface is different in almost every microsoft applications and then every third party application has it's own interface as well.

Swipe left to delete in e-mail: this should simply be an option when developers create a list. Every list where this can be handy should have this option. Sometimes there's a hamburger (sometimes left sometimes right) sometiems there's 3 dots at the bottom, sometimes everything is ordered in the windows phone 8.1 "sliding menu" fashion and sometimes to get into extra options it is "press and hold" an item.

Really this is just a mess. Android isn't very good at this either however they are working on forcing uniform applications whenever possible. Apple is the best on this. It just annoys me that you have to learn 4 different interfaces. I means simply looking for the "settings" is always a search, will it be here or here or there or somewhere else.

Some people say that this graphical tidying up is for the latest stages of development but I don't agree, you should have a clear path and a feature/interface freeze long before. You can not fix a crappy interface in just a few weeks. You need a vision to build to, which they don't have. Every team just creates their own stuff in their own way, as it has been for windows forever. Let's hope they do manage though, i would like that a lot!
    11-04-2015 05:30 AM
    However, they do have a LOT of work to do before final. I don't think they will manage. I'm not speaking about bugs which I think will mostly be solved. But the user interface ... the user interface is different in almost every microsoft applications and then every third party application has it's own interface as well.

Swipe left to delete in e-mail: this should simply be an option when developers create a list. Every list where this can be handy should have this option. Sometimes there's a hamburger (sometimes left sometimes right) sometiems there's 3 dots at the bottom, sometimes everything is ordered in the windows phone 8.1 "sliding menu" fashion and sometimes to get into extra options it is "press and hold" an item.

Really this is just a mess. Android isn't very good at this either however they are working on forcing uniform applications whenever possible. Apple is the best on this. It just annoys me that you have to learn 4 different interfaces. I means simply looking for the "settings" is always a search, will it be here or here or there or somewhere else.
    UI tends to be the magic sauce in an application, and a smart phone OS is (in some ways) a big app. On desktop, you have certain standards, you see it in Windows, Linux, Mac, menu at the top, File has Save/Close/Etc, desktop, recycle/trash. Those weren't always standards, but neither were mice. Once the mouse became common, you saw UI evolve to the point we see it now.

Smartphone UI is still evolving, and a standard hasn't emerged. It's getting there, but you're going to see experimentation as companies try to distinguish themselves, then they might get knocked back by user backlash (ie. Windows 8's UI).

As for Hamburger/three dots, I believe the standard MS is going for this time around is Hamburger, but there's a lot of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' going on. They're probably working on the big fires first, then they'll get around to standardizing menus. (ie. Windows 10 context menus have been slowly getting refined.)

For 3rd parties... well, it's anybody's guess. You see some jumping from Windows platform, some testing the waters as they get into it. Once you see MS's UI standardize and settle down, others will begin following their pattern more closely. Some smaller devs will be waiting for clearer tutorials.
    11-04-2015 07:36 AM
    I wish I could downvote flames.
    Agreed. That is sorely missing from a forum like this one. Without it, every blog surrounding this one with consternation against Microsoft makes a fart and we have to smell it. Downvotes could surely help. IMHO. But it would also impact hit counts. Something they are very sensitive about.
    920Walker likes this.
    11-04-2015 08:57 AM
    Linked Inboxes. The UI doesn't really bother me too much, but the fact that my phone is less usable on Windows 10 than it is/was on Windows 8.1 is bad.
    wrm1 and PepperdotNet like this.
    11-04-2015 09:21 AM
    yes we strongly need landscape on all pages
    11-04-2015 12:14 PM
    I need MMS APN settings to be fixed (not hidden anymore), as I have NOT had these since updating to windows 10 mobile! I would LOVE to see actionable tiles, but I can't see this happening for a while...
    11-04-2015 05:22 PM
    As for hamburger menus, i wouldn't mind them so much as long as Microsoft would implement a swipe to open, or swipe to change tabs or something along those lines. I miss 8.1 in the way that you never had to extend your fingers alllllllll the way to the top of the page to access a menu, because they were just part of the carousel. Windows 10 doesn't feel as fluid as 8.1 just for this single reason, at least to me.
    mkenyon2 likes this.
    11-04-2015 05:33 PM
    1 - Full landscape mode on both sides
    2 - Rewriting Message app for resolving that annoyng exit bug that often crashs the entire phone
    3 - Change back Contacts design: I hate the swinging balls. I want back the rotating tiles, Microsoft trademark
    yeah I don't like the contact tile either. Balls swinging
    11-04-2015 11:58 PM
    Guys don't expect new features.
    Microsoft gives only bug fixes.
    11-05-2015 12:23 AM
    And most features asked here can be delivered by app update (vs OS update) I presume.
    11-05-2015 01:16 AM
    I just wish they can cover non-lumia device into insider program....

My ATIV S is stucking in the leak 10536 and I just don't wanna go back anymore.....:(
    11-05-2015 05:23 AM
    Guys don't expect new features.
    Microsoft gives only bug fixes.
    I even expect more and more features to be removed because they not get things done. See how things are going: takes ages between every new build and when it comes out it brings some fixes but at the same time breaks other things that worked before. Some issues are not taken care of at all for a few builds already. Guys, be realistic.
    11-05-2015 07:33 AM
    I want two things.

1. Improved speed and stability - some apps are faster such as Groove being faster than Xbox Music and taking you straight to music, but some like People hub are way slower.

2. Swiping left and right in Edge to go back and forward.
    This. Features are useless if the phone is painful to use because of slowness and lack of stability.

Messaging is so slow and such a bear to use that I regularly think about switching back to 8.1, because it is my most used app. I like the features they've added, but it's not worth the slowness. The predictive text is also better in 8.1 even after the recent update.

Not sure if it's a feature, but I would really love it if they would add swipe support in all of the apps. I can't remember off the top of my head, but I know there are places you can't swipe on the keyboard. To me, stuff like this takes precedence over new features. Just make the UI consistent, stable, and fast, then worry about adding more.
    11-05-2015 08:57 AM
    I would love to see Cortana finally work with the Microsoft band. I was hoping they would fix it in time for the release of Band 2, but, that doesn't seem to be the case.
    11-05-2015 09:03 AM
    As for hamburger menus, i wouldn't mind them so much as long as Microsoft would implement a swipe to open, or swipe to change tabs or something along those lines. I miss 8.1 in the way that you never had to extend your fingers alllllllll the way to the top of the page to access a menu, because they were just part of the carousel. Windows 10 doesn't feel as fluid as 8.1 just for this single reason, at least to me.
    Try long pressing the home button. It brings the top of the screen down so you can press the top items without stretching.
    11-05-2015 09:05 AM
    I want no more Start screen freeze
    11-05-2015 09:10 AM
    Try long pressing the home button. It brings the top of the screen down so you can press the top items without stretching.
    Again, this is not fluid at all. It's cumbersome and chunky, and doesn't have the same sense that the carousels provided. Long pressing home button 'works', but it definitely feels more like a half-hearted effort to band-aid the problem.
    11-05-2015 10:11 AM
    The ability to "Share/Send" OneNote notes to the Band 2.
    11-05-2015 11:32 AM
    The ability to "Share/Send" OneNote notes to the Band 2.
    Why would I need that
    11-05-2015 11:36 AM
    Why would I need that
    This would actually be useful for shopping lists. Instead of holding the phone in the store and checking the list off, tap and scroll the band. Vibrate an alert using Geofencing if I leave the store or start the car without checking off eggs and milk.
    mkenyon2 likes this.
    11-05-2015 12:54 PM
    I hate to be the one to bring bad news but 10586 mobile has been bricking people phones. So it will be delayed. Hopefully next week we will get it.
    11-05-2015 05:37 PM
    I hate to be the one to bring bad news but 10586 mobile has been bricking people phones. So it will be delayed. Hopefully next week we will get it.
    Source?
    11-05-2015 06:03 PM
    Source?
    nokiapoweruser.com
    11-05-2015 06:21 PM
57 123