Windows 10 Mobile is Stable for Use Now?

Lamicrosz

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I have a Lumia 830. 2 Months ago I tried to install Windows 10 Mobile and Use it but It has a Many Problem and Lagging. then I go back to Windows Phone 8.1.

Is Windows 10 Mobile is stable for use Now?

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I've been using W10M on a 630 but it was too sluggish IMO, but the latest build seems very good.

I'm tempted to bite the bullet and put in on my daily driver (930), something I'd not considered with previous builds.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm tempted to bite the bullet and put in on my daily driver (930), something I'd not considered with previous builds.
I have been considering the same thing, as I have a Lumia 930.
It is definitely the best so far and runs pretty smooth on my secondary Lumia 625. Still has the odd lock up though, but overall getting closer to WP8.1 smoothness.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
its a sliding scale of stability.

if you are okay with erasing your device to get things going properly, then try it.

Otherwise I'm not sure. Seems ok, but still is a bit quirky.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Still quirky for me...Band 2 doesn't stay connected and you get delayed notifications...Cortana in the car is hit and miss, more miss than hit...

Barry Weston

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 830. 2 Months ago I tried to install Windows 10 Mobile and Use it but It has a Many Problem and Lagging. then I go back to Windows Phone 8.1.

Is Windows 10 Mobile is stable for use Now?

I've been using it on my 1520 since it came out - Battery life is great, over all stability is great. Very few app issues. This was also dirty installed over 8.1. I was not on another insider build and I also was not on a clean 8.1 install. It was my daily driver OS.

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Upgraded on 640 (new purchase) from 8.1 but had to hard reset as it has very weird stuff like outlook.com mail wouldn't sync.. Since the hard reset it has been very good IMO. Using it as daily driver right now.. as noted there are some very minor issues.. I haven't found any deal breakers yet..

1. Going to SMS from a Lock screen Action center notification seems to always bring up keyboard
2. Cortana via voice to Bluetooth is slow works but quirky
3. Had one time where home screen went blank just showed background image had to reboot to correct
4. Storage and Data apps live tiles don't work
5. The data exchange between Action Center , Lock Screen and Live tiles is broken (i.e. you clear notification in action center but still shows on lock screen and live tiles)
6. When attempting to attach image to SMS message the keyboard seem not to work sometimes easier to go to image and share to messaging
7. Keyboard seems to not be as good with word detection as 8.1
8. No word flow ? or maybe I don't know how to turn it on...
9. non-standard web links seem not to work in SMS messages (i.e. ones without http:// in them)
10. If using authenticator app using the "copy to clipboard" in the app seems not to work sometimes (doesn't copy)

Those are the major ones for now... :)

YMMVY

Last edited:

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I've been using it on my 1520 since it came out - Battery life is great, over all stability is great. Very few app issues. This was also dirty installed over 8.1. I was not on another insider build and I also was not on a clean 8.1 install. It was my daily driver OS.

Same experience for me on an 830 (upgraded from 8.1 with no hard reset). It's been rock stable and more or less bug free. Occasionally there are hiccups (e.g. sometimes launching a pinned website will not load that site but just reload what the browser was already on) but definitely able to be used daily. I bit the bullet after reading the positive reviews of this build and I'm not disappointed.

Scouseman

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I've been using the latest build my Lumia 640 for the past few days. It definitely is better than any previous build. Only issue is the storage bug that they mentioned. The 640 is my daily driver. The overall performance is good. Can't say I have had any issues as of yet.

markm75

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Here are the issues i'm running into with 10581 so far.. some of these are still issues from past builds..
Nokia 1020 on straight talk here..

1. Battery life is a tad bad.. start a day at 9am with 100% battery, by 5pm its often 20%, this is with very minimal checking of emails, maybe 20 mins of use throughout the whole day..Insider app shows discharge rates of -4 to -9 per hour, though some periods only -1 or -2 all depends. With 8.1 i'd have around 60% by 5pm on avg. Example today: 1030am, 95%, by 1210pm i'm sitting 84% (and hadnt touched the phone). I have wifi and bluetooth turned on, but bt is not in use.

2. Gmail large email messages, click download and they dont download, ever, same for attachments

3. Send an IE web page via email, giant outlook splash comes and takes a very long time to send if it even does

4. Not really an "issue" but a peeve.. that Edge pinned icons no longer show a thumbnail of the webpage being saved

5. Occasionally some of the bult in apps will just vanish and crash, like messaging

6. Photos app is faster, however, there are times you add /take new pictures and go back in, hit refresh and they just dont show up

7. Get notifications in notification center about new email.. if you clear them there they dont clear in the tiles and vice versa

8. Sometimes tiles dont update (fast enough) to show new messages or cleared ones in outlook pinned folders (its working better though)

9. Certain music streaming apps (not pandora or mainstream ones) will not work unless on wifi (why?)
10. Installing apps from windows store history on a pc doesnt work

11. Teamviewer seems to be gone from the store at least for win 10.

I did a hard reset (unsure if was needed) to get live tiles working for pinned outlook folders though. 10572 was a mess in general in terms of stability and sluggishness, 10581 is what i would call an 80% improvement, certainly on stability and speed (no crashing or unloadable start screen issue now too) at least on my nokia 1020.

Last edited:

sportex

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've used 10572 and this build which i find very stable on my 930. is it really worth doing a hard reset to get the best results?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6