New to W10 Mobile: Two "Where is it" Questions

The19thD0CT0R

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey all, installed the new build this weekend, first time using W10 mobile, totally love it. Very stable, intuitive, yada yada. Two things I cannot find from 8.1, if anyone knows?

Where is the "what song is this" feature that old Cortana had?

How can I scan QR Codes? The lens does not seem to be in the new W10 camera (not Lumia Camera). Speaking of that, is there really any difference between Lumia Camera and the new "Camera"? None that I can see.... I'm on an Icon, so I had the full Lumia Camera experience.

Sorry, one more: I cannot figure how to sync my favorites between desktop Edge and mobile Edge. I have all the "sync my stuff" settings on in both places, but my faves are not showing up on mobile.

Thanks for any helpful info!

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
1. Long press on the search icon (to bring up Cortana in listening mode). You should see musical notes on the top right of the Cortana landing page. Pressing on that will prompt Cortana to listen for playing music.

2. The Lenses seems to be absent in build 10581 - we may expect updates on this. As for the difference, the new Windows Camera (just "Camera") has adopted and improved on the interface of the old Lumia Camera. In my L1020, the new Windows Camera can take high resolution photos, and even has the option to take either burst shots or a video when the camera button is pressed and held even if the camera is just in photo mode.

3. No idea on this - may be not available yet in the current build, so we may expect updates on this.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
1. Long press on the search icon (to bring up Cortana in listening mode). You should see musical notes on the top right of the Cortana landing page. Pressing on that will prompt Cortana to listen for playing music.

This was new to me and great to know! Thanks for sharing!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos