Windows mobile 10586 delayed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Just read that internal testers encounter a reboot loop after hard reset. Apparently, this is the RTM build.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
With the recent track records for some of the previous builds, I'd say it is quite possible it is not RTM ready. Time will tell. Be patient. I'm sure they're working as fast as humanly possible. Rome wasn't built in a day. And Jesus said he'd rebuild the city in 3 days. And supposedly, he's omnipotent.

I'd rather it be a stable build than releasing it prematurely.

anon(3463402)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
10586 can't be RTM.

Don't forget big jump from latest preview 10166 to RTM 10240 in PC builds.

Preview 10581 to RTM 10586 for mobile? I don't think so.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Maurizio Troso said:
The only official souge is Windows Central and Gabe

The only official source is Microsoft. WC is a reliable source, but certainly not "official" o_O

NPU reported 10586 bricked a 930, ok, and so what? WMPU have 10586 on their devices, and it seems to run pretty well.

Its possible we'll have a 10586.000x update, pretty quick.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how people are claiming a RTM at this point. 10581 is still very buggy and is not claimed a RC yet (release canadate).

Microsoft always shows a few RC before hitting RTM. I've been following Microsoft from Windows 3.1 and was in many beta programs (not preview programs) going back to Windows 95, They ALWAYS have a RC or 2 before hitting RTM....

Even Gabe didn't claim 10581 was a RC.....

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Not sure what that proves....

Although "rumors claim Windows 10 Mobile build 10586 is the likely RTM for the mobile platform"

Let's replace rumors with fact here.

No RC yet, means no RTM yet, 10851 is still very buggy here and there (a lot better than past builds no question), so it's far from RTM, unless they are not just sending anything down to us and keeping all builds internal.

In pretty sure Gabe won't claim anything till RTM. Secondly 10586 can certainly be RTM with only bug fixes and performance improvements.

Nah, Gabe has called on RC version on Windows 10 PC before, look over his twitter history. RC is a canadate for RTM, it's kind of final check and last bug fixes before RTM.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Exactly. Once they've chosen a RTM build, they will "finish" it. Like 10240 for PC, etc.

And just like 10240 for PC, the RTM they choose for mobile may or may not be free of bugs, so don't say it can't happen because of bugs. 10240 proved that.

Besides, once a phone is on W10M, it gets updates after that from Microsoft without the carrier being able to stop it, which means bug fixes along the way is very possible. I hope they'll have the bugs fixed first, but we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Not sure what that proves....

Although "rumors claim Windows 10 Mobile build 10586 is the likely RTM for the mobile platform"

Let's replace rumors with fact here.

No RC yet, means no RTM yet, 10851 is still very buggy here and there (a lot better than past builds no question), so it's far from RTM, unless they are not just sending anything down to us and keeping all builds internal.

Nah, Gabe has called on RC version on Windows 10 PC before, look over his twitter history. RC is a canadate for RTM, it's kind of final check and last bug fixes before RTM.

I didn't say anything was factual. The OP didn't really specify whether he wanted the facts or everything, rumors included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)