Really annoying email problem, anyone else?

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Firstly, my email notification sound never goes off when I get an email. That's fine, I can live with that. But several times a day, I'd say on average 30 times a day, I get a notification that my Email settings are out of date even though they're fine. I've rechecked them over and over. Has anyone seen this at all? Does anyone know what could be causing it? I've spoken to my server and they claim it's not a problem on their end.

Thanks!

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I tested this thoroughly yesterday and confirmed it. Putting my personal email server account onto the phone not only causes constant notifications about my account password being out of date, but also causes constant password requests on my desktop with the installed Outlook I use. I took the account off my phone, problem stopped the whole day, put the account back ON my phone and it began again in less than an hour. Can't figure out what this is.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I tested this thoroughly yesterday and confirmed it. Putting my personal email server account onto the phone not only causes constant notifications about my account password being out of date, but also causes constant password requests on my desktop with the installed Outlook I use. I took the account off my phone, problem stopped the whole day, put the account back ON my phone and it began again in less than an hour. Can't figure out what this is.

Could it be that it has something to do with your date/time/time zone Do you use auto date/time or manual and tried to change it. Or maybe region setting of your phone and PC?

Robert Novak1

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I find that notifications for e-mail intermittently works like it should....rebooting the phone will fix it for a short time and then it quits again

silentFan

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
If you are on win 10 insider then u might want to check that under options for each email account you have notifications and sound checked so as to get notifications in time with alerts.

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Could it be that it has something to do with your date/time/time zone Do you use auto date/time or manual and tried to change it. Or maybe region setting of your phone and PC?
Hmm... well that's certainly an interesting idea I hadn't thought of. My desktop is Windows 7 and is set to my location. My phone is set to UK but with my local time so that I can get Cortana in English. Why would the different regions ONLY affect Outlook and nothing else in Windows?

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I find that notifications for e-mail intermittently works like it should....rebooting the phone will fix it for a short time and then it quits again
What's puzzling to me is that the email account being set on my phone is what's causing the problem on Outlook and any other device I have that account set up on. Also, before the 10 Insider Preview this wasn't happening. I'm just afraid that, because so few people use a private email server and most opt for Gmail instead, that this is a bug that won't get any attention and will go unnoticed when they release the final version.

Erik Latranyi

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
What's puzzling to me is that the email account being set on my phone is what's causing the problem on Outlook and any other device I have that account set up on. Also, before the 10 Insider Preview this wasn't happening. I'm just afraid that, because so few people use a private email server and most opt for Gmail instead, that this is a bug that won't get any attention and will go unnoticed when they release the final version.

So, I have a Lumia 1520 running 10581. I have the exact same problem, but not a private server, my corporate server.

I needed to use Advanced Setup to configure the email account since the domain & server do not match my e-mail address.

For example, my email is erik@Windows.com. But my domain is Central and my email server is mail.central.com.

This is what is causing the problem with saying account settings are out of date.

silentFan

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site

I would advise you submit feedback as a problem and not suggestion so that it can be fixed as soon as possible as there are not many users using private servers.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I would advise you submit feedback as a problem and not suggestion so that it can be fixed as soon as possible as there are not many users using private servers.
There are probably more than you think. Private would include any company email servers as well. I'm sure a lot of users get their company email on their phones.

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Interesting development... If I DON'T put any automatic sync on my account on my phone, no problems on Windows or on the phone. Very bizarre. Something about syncing with the account causes all these problems.

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't have any problems with my mail server setup in wp 10 and windows 10. May be something with settings( ssl, password). Normal imap settings didn't work and started working when configured from advanced settings.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Have you mentioned what type of server, and the protocol you're using?

Some old pop3 servers get picky if more than one device tries to access the same account at the same time. The mailbox is locked to whatever device got there first until it disconnects.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss