Where is Cortana in W10M ?

pakmul

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
The Search button does not work. It used to work when it was in WP8.1. After upgrading to W10M, it stops working. Pressing it does nothing except it vibrates.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue recently, the latest build 10581 seems to have turned off Cortana. Enter Cortana with the direct application, click the hamburger menu, select notebook, select settings, and turn Cortana on.

pakmul

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue recently, the latest build 10581 seems to have turned off Cortana. Enter Cortana with the direct application, click the hamburger menu, select notebook, select settings, and turn Cortana on.
What do you mean by "Enter Cortana with the direct application" ? How do I do that ?
Thanks.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
It is not in the All Apps list.
I think Cortana for W10M may not be supported for my device Nokia Lumia 1520 ?

Cortana is supported by ALL Windows Phones. The Lumia 1520 even has more features like "Hey Cortana" where you can simply say "Hey Cortana" without touching your phone and she will respond. Your phone is one of only two to support "Hey Cortana" as far as I know (unless the One M8 does too).

pakmul

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Cortana is supported by ALL Windows Phones. The Lumia 1520 even has more features like "Hey Cortana" where you can simply say "Hey Cortana" without touching your phone and she will respond. Your phone is one of only two to support "Hey Cortana" as far as I know (unless the One M8 does too).
I know. It was all working fine as you explained it above when it was in WP8.1. It stops working after upgrading to W10M Insider Preview on my 1520.

pakmul

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Ah why aren't you running Build 10581...?

That is the Build I got when upgrading from WP8.1 via Windows Insider. When I checked for updates in Phone Update in Settings, it says that my phone is up to date. How do I download and install Build 10581 ?

Thanks.

NXTwoThou

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Go back into Windows Insider and set yourself for the ring you are wanting to use. Then go back into phone update and check for updates. Chances are one of the updates turned off insider builds.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo