Do system apps (Messaging, Phone etc) open too slowly for you too?

anon(5725119)

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
On my Lumia 930, apps like Messaging, Phone and People take so much longer than they ever did on WP8.1 to open. It used to be instant but now I'm staring at a black screen before they open. Is it just me? Because I thought more people might be a bit like "What the... The apps are now slower but they're almost at RTM?" But no one is, so is it just my phone?

I always assumed that they'd be much faster by the time they were due for release. I mean, right now, system apps open faster on my mom's Lumia 435 running 8.1 than they do on my Lumia 930 running 10

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes it's happening in mine lumia 730 too. Guess its the price of making all core functionalities to app.
They were always apps, ever since WP7. That some apps are downloaded from the store while others are bundled with the OS image doesn't change the fact that they are apps.

The actual difference is in how the apps are developed.

Now, MS' 1st party apps are largely developed with the same technologies and tools that 3rd party developers have access to, whereas previously, those apps were developed using the same technologies and tools used to create the OS.

The later is harder, takes longer, but is "leaner and meaner". The former prioritizes developer productivity over runtime performance.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb