Microsoft account does not appear in outlook apps

Marc_SP

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello. I just installed W10 mobile 581 (install, hard reset, recover from 8.1 backup) and I have a weird problem. The main MS account of the phone appears in the accounts settings of the device BUT it does not appear in Outlook mail, calendar and People. It is like there is no account. Also, in the phone accounts settings it only shows the option to sync mail, but not calendar and contacts as it should. I tried to add it again, and everything seems fine (even says 'your account has been added succesfully'), but nothing changes.
I tried to add other MS accounts and they work fine, but the main one is still "invisible" for the apps.

Any idea what to do?

Thank you.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Umm that's bad, may be a hard reset w/o a restore may fix it? I know the restore does break some functionality in some cases.

Marc_SP

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Umm that's bad, may be a hard reset w/o a restore may fix it? I know the restore does break some functionality in some cases.
Yes, probably that will fix it. I just hoped there was another way. In any case, I will wait until "RTM" build is available to upgrade and reset.
Thanks.

evillama

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
At the very least..I need a better backup program for apps that don't save to the cloud.

Then after a reset I can get this back to the state it was in.

ENV

evillama

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Right. So we're 0 and 3 for 640's successfully being upgraded with Outlook apps.

Hesitant to upgrade my daughter's 820 now...she'll definitely kill me if I end up having to do a Reset and Wipe after moving to W10 without Outlook apps working.

ENV

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234