10581 alert problems

MBY

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I'm on 10M build 10581. I have a couple alert problems. I've stopped getting any message notifications on my lock screen, only an alert on my notifications screen. This means that it doesn't show on my glance screen either and it's easier to miss texts. I suspect that the texts are not even causing the phone to make the sound or vibrate, though both are set to on if phone settings allow.

At the same time, I've stopped getting alerts for Outlook Mail altogether. New emails will show on my tile, which is helpful but less useful at a glance than the notification center. I've tried playing with the settings for alerts in both the Mail app and the notification center to no avail.

I've reported both of these to the feedback app. Has anyone else had either of these problems? I would consider hard-resetting, but I'm tempted to wait for the next build, then hard reset if it's still happening.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Maybe a few soft resets could help, but ultimately (if all settings are fine and the lockscreen is set to show those items) a hard reset will be needed..

Like you said, it probably is a good idea to wait until the next build, which shouldn't be too far out

TigerMyth36

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem with the last build and the current build. Multiple hard resets didn't change a thing.

On the last build, email sounds would work until the apps updated at which point the sound notifications wouldn't work. Once again, several hard and soft resets did not bring back the sound notifications for email.

Bagzton

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a related problem too. Mine is that my notifications rarely show up.I could be at one end of the room and my phone at the other end. Then I'll receive an alert from an app say WC notifying me of a new post. I'd hear the sound but by the time I get to my phone I've missed the banner. Though I'll see the notification icon showing but when I pull down the notifications to see what it is, it would be blank and then the icon would have cleared as if I've read/seen the notification. Yet the it was blank when I pulled down. I've done several soft and hard resets but still not fixed.
I'm on build 10581 (coming straight from 8.1 for the first time.)

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I wish i had your problem :p

Calendar is giving me double notifications, one windows 10 mobile style, and one windows phone 8.1 style :S and i have no idea how to remove it.

if anyone knows what can i do please, would really appreciate the help.

MBY

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm on a 640 here. I've been able to confirm that at least the messaging app does properly give sound and banner notifications, though still doesn't register the icon on the lock screen (and therefore not glance).

For the person who mentioned double notifications from Outlook Calendar, I did used to get doubled notifications from Outlook Mail. I didn't complain about that, but maybe enough other people did that MS tried to fix it in the app, and accidentally killed the notifications altogether.

MBY

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Last night's update to Outlook seems to have fixed the issue with not getting notifications from mail. Unfortunately I have a feeling the messaging problem is a build problem. But at least part of the notifications problem is sorted out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven