Windows 10 mobile

sanu rajan1

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
I am seeing so much negativity regarding the OS which is not yet released official regarding features and other things .But i feel that Microsoft is not showing us all the features and changes in the OS because when they release w10m officially they should have something to amaze us. i feel that w10m will have more features and changes then that we seen in the previews(i may be wrong but this is what i feel)

Amit Mishra3

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
"something to amaze us".. Yes even i think there's gud chance of that.. They must amaze owners in official release otherwise it will be like just another os update of bug fix.

Demian Mioc

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
I've been on all Win10mobile TP so far. Most people don't even realize that we are participating the birth of OS from scrap. They keep adding new features, improvements and tweaks. I agree with you about MSFT not showing all the features and changes, to amaze us on official release of the OS.
I like new Start screen and customizations, although I would like to see more tile options like turn Live tile on/off, some context menu included. New display scaling is awesome feature, tap navigation bar to lock the phone, new Settings, Bitlocker. There are a lots of stuff yet to be implemented; navigation bar options: transparent, black only (not to match OS theme), volume controls access not related to physical buttons, mobile tethering, background downloads, Edge plugins... Windows camera isn't on same level as old camera with tap screen to shoot images, swipe left/right to view pictures taken, lenses, etc. Lock Screen remained almost untouched, with new animation and Hello, maybe new unlock options would be nice like picture password. Action center along with the volume controls looks almost the same, it misses transparency and accent color options other than black/white, although it's nice to see more quick actions, namely flashlight which will put out of business hordes of flashlight apps out there ;)
What I miss the most is the Cortana availability in other markets and left swipe action from the start menu screen, currently nothing is yet implemented. One hand mode is very usable feature. Store app updates are nice too, no longer needed to download full app to update. New/old apps are great: Groove, OneNote, File Explorer, Mail, Camera, Calculator, Maps, Phone & Messaging, Skype integration, etc. We are yet to see how Continuum behaves. :D
Windows 10 mobile, when shown to average Windows, Android or IPhone users, looks the same as 8.1, they don't see any awesome, new features, innovative or groundbreaking stuff to be amazed. No one looks or seems to care for under the hood features and improvements except power users.
People are so negative about mobile OS, complaining a lot about battery life, performance, crashes, UI and UX, they miss headers and overall 8.1 phone look expecting more in the final version. Personally I thing mobile OS is shaping up nicely with new features being added constantly, along with battery, performance and crash fixes and tweaks, but yeah there is lot of work to do. We should all appreciate hard working team which is developing this OS.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro