I just wanted to know that will Preview for Developers continue for WM10 as it did for WP8.1 or has it been permanently discontinued because of Windows Insider?
    11-09-2015 09:48 AM
    It is now part of Insider Program, as Gabe said.
    Ryan.o likes this.
    11-09-2015 09:50 AM
    Yes, there's no need for anyone to use the Preview for Developers app any more.
    11-09-2015 09:51 AM
    the only reason to use the Preview for Devs at this point is to upgrade your older phone to 8.1 Update 1 if it has not received it already.
    11-09-2015 12:16 PM
    the only reason to use the Preview for Devs at this point is to upgrade your older phone to 8.1 Update 1 if it has not received it already.
    #

Windows Device Recovery Tool will do this as well, won't it?
    11-09-2015 01:17 PM
    #

Windows Device Recovery Tool will do this as well, won't it?
    well, the tool will restore the device to the latest public OS release, I think that is, so in the case of the ATT 920 and T-Mo 810 that is less than up-to-date?
    pankaj981 likes this.
    11-09-2015 03:12 PM
    Personally, I think there's still room for a 'preview for developers' style ring though. The difference between Preview for Developers and the Insider Program is that the former was a release for stable, finished releases that were being held up for carrier testing, and the latter is for beta builds in various levels of stability. With that being the case, there's clearly room for an 'RTM' ring which gets developers the latest stable releases prior to the completion of carrier testing. Basically a slower than slow ring.
    EspHack, AgnishB and xandros9 like this.
    11-09-2015 05:37 PM
    Personally, I think there's still room for a 'preview for developers' style ring though. The difference between Preview for Developers and the Insider Program is that the former was a release for stable, finished releases that were being held up for carrier testing, and the latter is for beta builds in various levels of stability. With that being the case, there's clearly room for an 'RTM' ring which gets developers the latest stable releases prior to the completion of carrier testing. Basically a slower than slow ring.
    Slow ring should now take that part.
    11-09-2015 06:10 PM
    well, the tool will restore the device to the latest public OS release, I think that is, so in the case of the ATT 920 and T-Mo 810 that is less than up-to-date?
    I can confirm there are updates you can only get using PFD, i have an att 20.
    11-09-2015 07:17 PM
    that's exactly what I need, but if that doesn't happen I will simply enroll to get that rtm build which is 10586 I think, then disable it afterwards
    11-09-2015 07:36 PM