I cant really wait anymore. On a 640 lte, kinda just wondering what works, what doesnt.
    11-11-2015 03:40 AM
    No, the most stable build is the most recent fast-ring build.

However, you should probably hold out for a day or 2 as the stable RTM build should be out this week.
    11-11-2015 04:08 AM
    Just as a little "aside" here....

The way development has gone for mobile (and PC for the most part) the "Slow Ring" is pretty much useless, in my opinion. Updates are few and far between, which leaves the slow ring users stuck on a release that is (usually) worse than the one available on fast ring. In my opinion, if you're going to be an insider, you should just be on the fast ring.

Microsoft should get rid of the slow ring entirely...I see no benefit.

The latest fast ring build is very stable.

Anywho...carry on. :)
    xandros9 likes this.
    11-11-2015 06:31 AM
    Just as a little "aside" here....

The way development has gone for mobile (and PC for the most part) the "Slow Ring" is pretty much useless, in my opinion. Updates are few and far between, which leaves the slow ring users stuck on a release that is (usually) worse than the one available on fast ring. In my opinion, if you're going to be an insider, you should just be on the fast ring.

Microsoft should get rid of the slow ring entirely...I see no benefit.

The latest fast ring build is very stable.

Anywho...carry on. :)
    Completely agree. The slow ring has been utterly pointless on both sides.
    ShaneRay likes this.
    11-11-2015 07:20 AM
    No, the most stable build is the most recent fast-ring build.

However, you should probably hold out for a day or 2 as the stable RTM build should be out this week.
    Soo then, what features work?
    I know stable is out in a few days but im tired of waiting :/
    11-11-2015 08:39 AM
    Don't go to slow ring. MS stopped updating apps for 10166.
    11-11-2015 08:51 AM
    Soo then, what features work?
    I know stable is out in a few days but im tired of waiting :/
    Everything works well in 10581 on my Lumia 830, apart from Storage Sense ( the ability to choose where you would like apps to be installed is broken in this build), and the new 'Windows Camera' app isn't great, the 'Rich Capture' function is currently completely broken, so make sure you don't use it unless you want your images saved in 720p resolution. I would recommend installing Camera360 Sight for camera use.

Other than that, there are a few bugs and rough spots here and there. I would recommend performing a hard-reset and restoring from a backup after you install the preview, as it fixed a few issues for me (such as the store being unable to check for updates). Make sure you allow all of the apps to update to the latest versions, as a lot of the built-in apps from 8.1 (such as People, Mail, Calendar, Messaging...etc), have been separated from the OS, and the versions included in the OS update are out-of-date.

It's probably best to just wait until tomorrow to see if a new build is released before installing it now, otherwise you will have to go through the same process twice in two days.
    11-11-2015 09:08 AM