03-17-2016 04:41 PM
1,069 ... 1516171819 ...
tools
    This build is a bit better than the previous on 520, Edge definitely better and faster, here is my experience after 24h

1. Random freezes on Start screen or between app transition animation, happens alot, multiple times per hour, but never on other screen and never while idle
    2. Typing lag very much, it already lag while I type this, especially the backspace key
    3. Due to keyboard lag, word flow is really hard to do and often misses a point which gives wrong word result
    4. Store is really, really, slow. No kidding, after upgrading there's 30 apps need to be updated, it took me up to 6 hours to get them all done, and they're not actually done, but most installation actually failed with some error code, download speed is normal, it's the installation that always stalled
    5. SMS and other apps notification sometimes doesn't get through unless the app is opened. Yes, even SMS
    6. Store again, if new apps is set to be installed on SD card and you try to install apps that NOT allowed to be installed on SD card, installation failed without any information except meaningless error code
    7. Store again, again, if you have lots of apps updating, over 15, don't ever try to go to download page, it will freeze your phone
    8. UI inconsistency as always
    9. You can't find social apps from People app
    10. LinkedIn integration is gone
    11. Selecting text is harder to do, double tapping a word doesn't automatically highlight it, but it works on 2nd try.
    12. All apps still run way slower compared to 8.1, just like last build
    13. Not much resuming screen, and apps that are resumed is resumed correctly, not restarting the app. This only true for UWP apps of course.
    14. Unlike in PC, Quiet Hours still require Cortana here, which I don't have

Will run this build as far as I can hold it..
    Last edited by noersetiawan; 11-20-2015 at 04:55 AM.
    zapppa83 likes this.
    11-20-2015 04:41 AM
    This build is a bit better than the previous on 520, Edge definitely better and faster, here is my experience after 24h

1. Random freezes on Start screen or between app transition animation, happens alot, multiple times per hour, but never on other screen and never while idle
    2. Typing lag very much, it already lag while I type this, especially the backspace key
    3. Due to keyboard lag, word flow is really hard to do and often misses a point which gives wrong word result
    4. Store is really, really, slow. No kidding, after upgrading there's 30 apps need to be updated, it took me up to 6 hours to get them all done, and they're not actually done, but most installation actually failed with some error code, download speed is normal, it's the installation that always stalled
    5. SMS and other apps notification sometimes doesn't get through unless the app is opened. Yes, even SMS
    6. Store again, if new apps is set to be installed on SD card and you try to install apps that NOT allowed to be installed on SD card, installation failed without any information except meaningless error code
    7. Store again, again, if you have lots of apps updating, over 15, don't ever try to go to download page, it will freeze your phone
    8. UI inconsistency as always
    9. You can't find social apps from People app
    10. LinkedIn integration is gone
    11. Selecting text is harder to do, double tapping a word doesn't automatically highlight it, but it works on 2nd try.

Will run this build as far as I can hold it..
    I owe a 520 too, I suffer none of above expect random crashes exiting Messages app (never use back button!!!).
    You have to enable Messages app in backgroud for working.
    A question: do you have video stabilization option in Windows Camera? It was there 3 updates before
    zapppa83 likes this.
    11-20-2015 04:44 AM
    I thought of losing it so I transferred the app to SD, so the update will not apply (app need to be on the device). I still have it and using it :)
    How do you do that?

edit: nevermind figured it out...
    11-20-2015 04:45 AM
    Does auto quiet hours not work with W10 latest? Took the plunge and joined preview from 8.1 yesterday. All seems ok so far, but noticed my phone didn't go into quiet hours at 10.35pm.

Gone into Cortana to try set times for it - nothing there! Trying to edit inner circle causes it to crash also.
    11-20-2015 04:46 AM
    Many bugs..the worst is that start screen frequently freezes. Lumia 625.
    noersetiawan likes this.
    11-20-2015 04:51 AM
    I owe a 520 too, I suffer none of above expect random crashes exiting Messages app (never use back button!!!).
    You have to enable Messages app in backgroud for working.
    A question: do you have video stabilization option in Windows Camera? It was there 3 updates before
    Well lucky you! The slowness of Store is really troublesome. Messaging is working, I do alot of texting so I know that it's working, it just randomly stopped working and then I open the app the messages are coming in a stream. Yes it was there yesterday after build upgrade but now it's gone, probably updated.
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    11-20-2015 04:52 AM
    No more on 10586
    11-20-2015 04:58 AM
    No more on 10586
    upvote feedback for coming back
    11-20-2015 05:15 AM
    Does auto quiet hours not work with W10 latest? Took the plunge and joined preview from 8.1 yesterday. All seems ok so far, but noticed my phone didn't go into quiet hours at 10.35pm.

Gone into Cortana to try set times for it - nothing there! Trying to edit inner circle causes it to crash also.
    May be its region or device, inner circle and quiet hours working fine for me.

Sent from mTalk
    11-20-2015 05:16 AM
    May be its region or device, inner circle and quiet hours working fine for me.

Sent from mTalk
    I'm in the UK. Worked great on 8.1, not sure how i can force it - not like i can delete cortana and redownload!
    11-20-2015 05:20 AM
    As with the previous build, there is a minor aesthetic bug: When you close an app and return to the All Programs list, the background picture behind the list is no longer dimmed, but is at full brightness.
    noersetiawan and jasqid like this.
    11-20-2015 05:22 AM
    Works like the other version on my 1520 :| had some loading/resume problems tho
    11-20-2015 05:23 AM
    Basic apps - Phone and Messaging are lagging.
    Specially phone app is little slow while dialling a number.
    Lumia 720 (512 MB RAM)
    Last edited by Sabin V Abraham; 11-20-2015 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Update - specifics
    trnz007 likes this.
    11-20-2015 05:23 AM
    After updating,
    Sd card storage option shows correctly but no app is working as it was on previous build.
    Groove music not showing any songs.
    , photos arent showing also no videos in film & tv app.
    Though i can browse sd card through file explorer but cant access any music or picture.

I did hard and soft reset also.
    It shows fix sd card error message. But it is unable to fix errors.
    Any suggestions?
    11-20-2015 05:27 AM
    Lumia 720 (512 MB RAM)
    Apps does not lag now ... Dialpad is improved and can search contacts as soon as you start dialing.
    Dialpad look way stable now.
    Mine is Lumia 1320 with 1 gb ram
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    11-20-2015 05:29 AM
    After updating,
    Sd card storage option shows correctly but no app is working as it was on previous build.
    Groove music not showing any songs.
    , photos arent showing also no videos in film & tv app.
    Though i can browse sd card through file explorer but cant access any music or picture.

I did hard and soft reset also.
    It shows fix sd card error message. But it is unable to fix errors.
    Any suggestions?
    The only way is checking in a laptop with sd reader
    11-20-2015 05:44 AM
    Lumia 720 (512 MB RAM)
    How is the overall experience of win10m on your device?
    Any device specific issues?
    11-20-2015 06:01 AM
    I thought of losing it so I transferred the app to SD, so the update will not apply (app need to be on the device). I still have it and using it :)
    Well I managed to do this but still it got deleted from the SD card after a few reboots.
    11-20-2015 06:26 AM
    Sometimes my phone (Lumia 1320) froze and I have restart it. I have this problem few times a day.
    zapppa83 likes this.
    11-20-2015 06:30 AM
    Messaging app crashes when you try to launch it on my icon. Then when you launch a second time it opens. Other than that I have had screen responsiveness issues a few times that I have never had before. Other than that it's running great. I just hope they finally get a fix for messaging. The linked inbox needs to come back also, was finally working perfect when they pulled it.
    Brett Sites likes this.
    11-20-2015 06:37 AM
    I`m very hyped by new things but sadly Win 10 mobile has crushed my dreams about a fast mobile OS with no issues ...

Went back to Win 8.1 just to try to fix my Phone before i update again to the Build 10586. But after i`ve seen how fast the previous OS was i decided to stay with it.

I don`t understand what MS is doing and why Windows 10 feels so clunky compared to the beauty of 8.1 ... sadly it`s an old OS and it shows it age but still kicks Win 10`s butt ...

Stuff that i miss from Win 10 on the current 8.1 :
    - Mail app
    -Store app
    -Action center
    -Settings with category
    -keyboard
    -Edge, is better than IE and for now there is no better alternative on 8.1

Everything else is better on Win 8.1. Even the battery ... i can pull 2 days of standby in 8.1 and in 10 i must charge the phone daily ... some might say it`s not a big thing ... well batteries have limited numbers of recharges ... i don`t want to be stuck to the wall all the time.

I don`t get the Windows Maps... they want to replace Here maps, they are based technically on the same maps but with far less features... even the voice navigation is limited ... why on earth would i want to give up Here maps for an inferior product ?

Photos in Win 8.1 can show Facebook pictures, on Win 10 only Onedrive ... and sometimes it crashes on video playback with some green artefacts.
    People app loads instanly in Win 10 is always waiting.
    Contact ID in win 8.1 is more stylish and faster than the one in Win 10.
    And they still have this ridiculous ringtone process to connect to a PC to copy the damn song in a particular folder ... Seriously MS ?

Even the Windows Central app is way faster on Win 8.1 ... I seriously doubt that MS will make a fast OS from Win 10 on the older phones ... Btw i`m using a Lumia 930.
    Andrew Gordon likes this.
    11-20-2015 06:38 AM
    Does the Outlook Calendar not have a live tile that shows the actual date? My tile is just the Outlook Calendar icon...kind of ridiculous if that is the case.
    daan874 likes this.
    11-20-2015 06:43 AM
    Lumia 920. First time with insider build. Upgraded directly with no resets.
    Issues:
    1. Lost notifications for Messaging (Skype and sms).
    2. Messaging crashes if I open a group Skype chat.
    3. Cannot open maps apps or maps section in settings.
    4. Phone app crashes occasionally.
    5. Swiping crashed email app, but I think that is fixed with app update.
    6. Wunderlist live tiles no longer update, even after removing and repinning.
    Araragi likes this.
    11-20-2015 06:46 AM
    I think you just gotta go ahead and give your device a hard reset. I haven't used one single build without a hard reset yet.
    11-20-2015 06:50 AM
    Messaging app crashes when you try to launch it on my icon. Then when you launch a second time it opens. Other than that I have had screen responsiveness issues a few times that I have never had before. Other than that it's running great. I just hope they finally get a fix for messaging. The linked inbox needs to come back also, was finally working perfect when they pulled it.
    Yeah me too on the msg app. Was doing that in 581 for me too. Also noticed the app list brightness when closing out of apps. It doesn't dim all the time, stuck apps in the store 0x803f8006 and screen flickering. Didn't have screen flickers in 581 that I noticed.
    11-20-2015 07:00 AM
1,069 ... 1516171819 ...