03-17-2016 04:41 PM
1,069 ... 2829303132 ...
tools
    I don't know about you guys, but my Lumia 640 lasted about 33 hours with low-to-moderate usage, which is pretty freaking great. Other than that, the OS is working really well aside from the app updates that refuse to install, but with this being a server-side issue, I'd say this is pretty much perfect, really.
    Moolelo and WinSammie like this.
    11-23-2015 05:31 PM
    Lumia 640 XL unlocked

5 major issues in build 10586

1. Images aren't working in email. Even though all settings are set to download and display images.
    2. Contact's images aren't matching the contact for most of the contacts
    3. Same download error for Extras & Info, HERE Maps, Network services, touch.
    -- Error 0x803F8006
    4. Several MS apps crash (marketplace, skype, etc.)
    5. OS Slow to respond

Yay
    11-23-2015 05:55 PM
    1. Battery life- My 1520 runs out of gas after 2 hours of heavy use and 4 hours of normal use.
    Thank you, that's exactly the information I was looking for. Now I know for sure that I absolutely don't want to upgrade until w10 actually gets optimized properly for the 1520, I don't care how long it takes.
    11-23-2015 06:01 PM
    After a few more daily use, I noticed this on my 930. From lock screen, you press the shutter to take picture, when you're done, there's a slight delay when returning to lock screen. Not a big issue I would say, but a fix is always welcomed.
    11-23-2015 06:27 PM
    I still have issues with the storage settings. If I do not have a a microSD card in my phone, storage will identify phone memory. But once microSD card is installed, phone memory disappears and the phone immediately begins to install new apps to microSD card as well as download photos or documents directly to card. In some cases, apps that are required to be installed in phone memory will not install or update correctly. I have tried using different microSD cards but the results are all the same.
    11-23-2015 06:51 PM
    which device? Issue on 640 : no problem with flash ; without flash, it captures 1280x720 pics which can't be edited.
    I'm using 830, I cant change picture setting taken using rich capture.
    11-23-2015 07:18 PM
    Thank you, that's exactly the information I was looking for. Now I know for sure that I absolutely don't want to upgrade until w10 actually gets optimized properly for the 1520, I don't care how long it takes.
    Just interested ... what do you get on 8.1 for the same use cases
    11-23-2015 07:31 PM
    I am using 630. I have issue that my phone did restart several times. What should i do? Do i have to reset my phone? It appears after upgraded to buil 10586
    11-23-2015 08:52 PM
    For the below error move the apps from SD card to Phone memory and then update.

Same download error for Extras & Info, HERE Maps, Network services, touch.
    -- Error 0x803F8006
    11-23-2015 10:57 PM

-- Error 0x803F8006
    11-23-2015 10:57 PM

-- Error 0x803F8006
    11-23-2015 10:58 PM
    I feel my phone is like an android!!!! Reasons as below..........

App crash is frequent
    Phone app is slow. Cant dial the number . Every key press is taking longer time(since it is sorting the phone numbers available in the phone and bringing it to screen)
    Phone app is slow. Cant go to dialled numbers faster. It takes time and half the time the app crashes.
    Zoom not working all the time. zooming in screen in photo or in Edge is not working as expected. I felt like unresponsive UI in slower androids.
    Keyboard not good. The swipe in wp8.1 exactly types what i want to and that is missing in this 10586. So i mostly started using regular typing instead of swipe. Felt like back in stone age.
    Cortana is now working.(I m in India) Cortana is going on and on and on.... if i search anything or give any command. It is not as expected. So i close the app, go to edge to do my relevent searches directly.

Positives,
    Battery is stable.
    Settings app is good and organised.
    HinoMusouka likes this.
    11-23-2015 11:47 PM
    Updated from 10572 to 10586, lumia 1020, no prior hard reset and no hard reset afterwards.

Observations - update took an hour or so, can't gauge as I wasn't paying attention. No fast configuration update I think, maybe it installed without me knowing

Changes? I can't see any change actually.
    • Storage sense now works.
    • App update errors but I don't mind them. Extras and info can wait as well as the rest.
    • Lumia camera working? yes
    • Lumia creative studio working? - yes
    • Here maps working? yes

What's not working? Can't say for now

Issues/bugs -
    • there's an app update with no name that crashes store when you click on download. Leaving that as it doesn't matter
    • Groove music - if you played a song and then exited the app after stopping the song, on entering the app again, at the bottom a bar is displayed that shows the song with playback controls. This playback bar doesn't go away
    • New office documents save to onedrive by default - can't see a way to change that

that's it for now. Need a few days to report on battery
    11-24-2015 12:35 AM
    A day since i installed wm10 in my 535... SO far no problems. Only store apps are not installing but apps i choose to install (3rd party) install and work well.
    11-24-2015 12:55 AM
    Recently joined the insider program, installed the latest fast ring on my 925.

Seems pretty good, battery life about same, seems pretty quick and fluid.

Problems:
    Occasional crash back to start screen when opening messages.
    Can't change the quick actions 2 & 4, crashes back to start screen.
    Cant stop vibration on key press, says it needs to restart, but never restarts.
    No glance screen. glance screen option is there, but no options, just an empty page with title. (miss this most of all).
    Background apps showing multiple entries for the same app.
    Picture tiles sometimes dead until app opened.

Any advice, hard reset performed twice, first time allowed restore, second time did all from fresh, same problems both times.

Can't see this being ready for a general roll out, general public get all these problems from update, and WP is dead, it will never recover from the bad press, and lets face it the world if full of folks waiting for MS to fail.

Anyone?
    Last edited by TrickyDee42; 11-24-2015 at 02:26 AM.
    11-24-2015 02:16 AM
    -- Error 0x803F8006
    That's a store error that needs to be fixed by Microsoft, seemingly on a per device basis. It's already working for certain Lumia phones, but others are still getting the error, such as the 640, for example.

If you're really getting that error there's nothing you can do about it.

The amount of time they need to fix this leaves me wondering, though.
    11-24-2015 02:16 AM
    Anyone of you guys getting a weird bug where the phone stops notifying ?
    1. No vibration
    2. No ringing
    3. No sound in Deezer, Groove... etc.
    4. NO ALARMS !!!!!

And even if i'm actually looking at the phone when the screen comes on as I get a call, they don't hear me and I don't hear them either.

The only way to fix this is a soft reset (power + volume down), it works for a day or two before stopping again.

Anyone else has this bug ?
    11-24-2015 02:54 AM
    For some odd reason, I am not able to install LINE app on my Lumia 930 & 925.

It says that "This app is not compatible with this device."

wp_ss_20151124_0001.jpg
    11-24-2015 03:00 AM
    Just interested ... what do you get on 8.1 for the same use cases
    My 1520 lasts the entire day with 40% left when I go to bed. That's with hours of spotify, and some whatsapp, reddit and mytube.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    11-24-2015 04:29 AM
    I'm using 830, I cant change picture setting taken using rich capture.
    Well the camera update received this morning fixed my Rich capture issue on the 640, apparently.

Only issue now is that Living images images are 4-5 MB big (as the video is embedded in the JPG). Photos doesn't seem to allow "share as an image/as a video" alternative as we used to have before.
    11-24-2015 04:39 AM
    Anyone of you guys getting a weird bug where the phone stops notifying ?
    1. No vibration
    2. No ringing
    3. No sound in Deezer, Groove... etc.
    4. NO ALARMS !!!!!

And even if i'm actually looking at the phone when the screen comes on as I get a call, they don't hear me and I don't hear them either.

The only way to fix this is a soft reset (power + volume down), it works for a day or two before stopping again.

Anyone else has this bug ?
    When I upgraded I had this issue as no notification sounds were configured for any apps...

I configured them and it worked, but I just ended up doing a complete hard reset. On hard reset only Outlook didn't have sound notification. Had to disable Outlook in notification center and re-enable to get it working.
    11-24-2015 06:31 AM
    Lumai 930 - Issue with Motion Data
    Saldatoccio and Luminer like this.
    11-24-2015 07:01 AM
    My 1520 lasts a day and half with wifi off and intensive data/email usage running 10586.

I am willing to be those with battery drain issues have app updates that are stuck or something else running.

My suggestion is to get your device exactly as you like it using 8.1. Ensure all updates are done. If you just reverted to 8.1, give it a few days to make sure all apps update (the store is slow). Do a backup. Then, load the Windows Insider app, choose fast ring and upgrade. It will take a day or two to get all apps sorted out again. Some apps may not be able to be updated, so make sure you cancel the updates from the store.
    11-24-2015 07:43 AM
    At this point, can I update my main phone (WP 8.1 Denim) to Build 10586 through Insider Preview, assuming that this is the RTM build? Or we'll see a communication coming from Microsoft in the next few days as a confirmation?

I'm really excited to update my phone to Windows 10. Please tell me if it is safe to do with my main phone. Or what are the risks??

Using Lumia 930.
    11-24-2015 07:50 AM
    Getting the same issue with my 1520 on 10586 T_Dawg_of_da_Nawt .
    I just restart my phone again. But it's quite an annoying little bug.
    11-24-2015 07:54 AM
1,069 ... 2829303132 ...