03-17-2016 04:41 PM
1,069 ... 2930313233 ...
tools
    1520 user here, and has been using the latest build for 4 days.

Unless I find a fix, I will revert back to 8.1 for the 2 reasons:

1. Battery life- My 1520 runs out of gas after 2 hours of heavy use and 4 hours of normal use. I have turned off most back ground apps already, except cortana, messenger, and mail.

2. Photography- Lumia Camera is working but laggy; Lumia Camera Beta and Windows Camera are both buggy and laggy, rich capture edit not working and freezes. Some 3rd party editing apps don't work, and occasionally crashes when sharing to Facebook and 6 Tag.

Text, Call and Browsing are all fine. Maybe after 1 or 2 builds, the issues above will be resolved.

If you experienced the same and found a fix, please let me know. Thanks

EDIT: By the way, I upgraded from 8.1. I performed both hard and soft resets, and the two issues were not resolved.
    I turned off wi-fi and data, plus enabled battery saver. 1520 lasted for only for 9 hours. But the scariest part is IT WONT CHARGE, even after two soft resets. I turned the unit off for a while, then plugged the charger back. Good thing it responded. I will definitely revert back to 8.1 and try again until photography related issues and battery life are resolved.
    HinoMusouka likes this.
    11-24-2015 08:18 AM
    Same issue here. Here! Maps and Here! Drive no longer works. In addition, I'm finding my phone freezes and need a soft reset every single day. I still remember the days when I would go months before WP7 need a reboot. Win mobile 10 still needs a lot of work.

Upgraded a L1520 to latest Windows 10 build, everything works ok except Here Maps, Here Drive and Windows Maps. They are all installed long before the update, but they no longer launch. When tap on icon, it appears to launch but then just crashes and brings you back to start screen. They were moved to my SD card prior to update to make space for update.

Anyone know how to get maps to work again?
    11-24-2015 08:25 AM
    I turned off wi-fi and data, plus enabled battery saver. 1520 lasted for only for 9 hours. But the scariest part is IT WONT CHARGE, even after two soft resets. I turned the unit off for a while, then plugged the charger back. Good thing it responded. I will definitely revert back to 8.1 and try again until photography related issues and battery life are resolved.
    Turning off wifi and using only cellular data doubles the battery comsumption. There's a warning below the wifi switch too
    11-24-2015 08:28 AM
    My findings exactly on my L 1520... I went back to 8.1 and now the battery lasts for days.... whew.. MUCH better.
    11-24-2015 08:35 AM
    Lumia 640 XL unlocked

5 major issues in build 10586

1. Images aren't working in email. Even though all settings are set to download and display images.
    2. Contact's images aren't matching the contact for most of the contacts
    3. Same download error for Extras & Info, HERE Maps, Network services, touch.
    -- Error 0x803F8006
    4. Several MS apps crash (marketplace, skype, etc.)
    5. OS Slow to respond

Yay

Same problems on my L640
    11-24-2015 08:42 AM
    Well, after having the build installed and running for a few days, I have had to revert back to WP8.1. Something was updated either last night or this morning and I woke up with my phone in a startup loop. Thank MS for the recovery tool!!!!
    11-24-2015 09:07 AM
    No one announced officially. Besides no one knows that the LED can be used for notifications. And if it does Microsoft would have to enable it via a firmware update.
    It will be there when the lumia 730 gets the official firmware update which will have the drivers for the LED notification.
    11-24-2015 09:13 AM
    When will we receive next build ? It seems battery drain is the most complain especially with data on. My 1320 also sometimes just freezes, requires a soft reboot.
    Michael Dontigney likes this.
    11-24-2015 09:15 AM
    Similar experience on my 1520. Battery drains quickly.
    11-24-2015 09:16 AM
    Lumia 925 battery life is, well it isnt....there is no battery "life" with this build thats what I can say
    11-24-2015 10:15 AM
    There might be few nagging issue on 1520 such as , no way to add favorite pictures in the photo tile, but way too many goods such as split view on the outlook, inline reply for message , new navigation app ... to revert back to 1520. Batter works on on my 1520, Probably 10% more drainage but last me all day. Upgraded from 8.1
    11-24-2015 10:16 AM
    My 1520 lasts a day and half with wifi off and intensive data/email usage running 10586.

I am willing to be those with battery drain issues have app updates that are stuck or something else running.

My suggestion is to get your device exactly as you like it using 8.1. Ensure all updates are done. If you just reverted to 8.1, give it a few days to make sure all apps update (the store is slow). Do a backup. Then, load the Windows Insider app, choose fast ring and upgrade. It will take a day or two to get all apps sorted out again. Some apps may not be able to be updated, so make sure you cancel the updates from the store.
    Thanks for the info but I'm not taking any chances right now.
    Andrew Gordon likes this.
    11-24-2015 10:31 AM
    My L640 was getting warm when it was connected to the internet. Even loading a page in Edge or surfing 6tag used to make it warm.
    At first I upgraded from 10581, did a hard reset looking for any difference (mostly because of errors in downloading apps). nothing happened and it was hot most of the time and battery draining was another issue.
    Now I reverted back to 8.1 and installed 10586 again. I dont know whether it`s placebo effect or what. But it is cooler and battery`s behavior is more or less on par with 8.1.
    11-24-2015 11:11 AM
    On a sad note, it seems that I still can't cast over DLNA. It used to work with Tubecast, but now even that is broken, even though it detects the display, nothing shows up on it. Lumia Play To also used to work, but it's unavailable in the Store, so I have no way to cast anything :( I hope they fix it, maybe it needs new firmware or something.
    11-24-2015 11:30 AM
    Here is another significant issue I find with my Icon. With 8.1 pictures were awesome, and instantaneous. WithWin 10, there is a significant delay before it actually takes the photo. It is no longer my point and shoot device. I see a great picture, press the button, and the subject moves before it actually responds. Example: A really cute, full face pose, push the button, the kid has time to turn completely sideways, and then the shot clicks with a blurred photo. That NEVER happened with Lumia Camera and 8.1. The photos with that software were so good people compared them to DLR cameras, and the Lumia's won. Now, maybe 10% of the photos are even saveable. Also, sometimes the camera button simply does not take the picture. I go back later to view the photos, and half never were taken or saved !
    Andrew Gordon likes this.
    11-24-2015 12:05 PM
    Actually my phone is functioning well except for the fact that USB recognition fails each time. I can reach up to my settings options and go for a reset, in fact I tried it several times.

The Problem I am facing is that,

- I cant move back to Windows 8 as USB recognition fails and recovery tool doesn't recognize my device

- Secondly, the recent 1058.11 build fails to install ( flashes some error code)

Thanks for ur reply.
    Pls let me know if you think I should try.
    11-24-2015 12:23 PM
    Having been on 10581 then 10586.11 for a couple of weeks and having had various annoyances, I reverted/restored back to 8.1 GDR2, overnight, and I shall say this: My 640 XL is like a new phone all over again, FINALLY it's working perfectly - the best it's EVER been. I'm not so sure I'll be taking the deep dive into the final release of Windows 10 Phone when it is released. I like my phone to WORK, and this OS is rock solid stable! Having said all that, I truly enjoyed the experience of a more mature - but FAR from finished build of 10, but I shall stick to what I know for now. :D
    Alfred Yeap likes this.
    11-24-2015 12:24 PM
    Here is another significant issue I find with my Icon. With 8.1 pictures were awesome, and instantaneous. WithWin 10, there is a significant delay before it actually takes the photo. It is no longer my point and shoot device. I see a great picture, press the button, and the subject moves before it actually responds. Example: A really cute, full face pose, push the button, the kid has time to turn completely sideways, and then the shot clicks with a blurred photo. That NEVER happened with Lumia Camera and 8.1. The photos with that software were so good people compared them to DLR cameras, and the Lumia's won. Now, maybe 10% of the photos are even saveable. Also, sometimes the camera button simply does not take the picture. I go back later to view the photos, and half never were taken or saved !
    I had the same issue on a previous W10 build on my 830.
    I have happily reverted to 8.1 since and will not go to W10 until I see all these issues resolved.
    In the meantime, 8.1 is fast, fluid and stable, and everything works, including the camera.
    glossywhite likes this.
    11-24-2015 12:25 PM
    I had the same issue on a previous W10 build on my 830.
    I have happily reverted to 8.1 since and will not go to W10 until I see all these issues resolved.
    In the meantime, 8.1 is fast, fluid and stable, and everything works, including the camera.
    You echo my sentiments to the letter.
    HinoMusouka and fgaudet like this.
    11-24-2015 12:26 PM
    Lumai 930 - Issue with Motion Data
    Same issue also on my Lumia 830... I also uninstalled and re-installed Motion data from the Store, with no luck.
    11-24-2015 12:29 PM
    It seems each day I have an update to the Microsoft Photos app. Has anyone else experienced this? The download and install successfully competes, so I am not sure why this is happening on my Lumia 830.

-Rich
    11-24-2015 12:33 PM
    It seems each day I have an update to the Microsoft Photos app. Has anyone else experienced this? The download and install successfully competes, so I am not sure why this is happening on my Lumia 830.

-Rich
    the Photos app, or photo plugins app ?
    11-24-2015 12:36 PM
    Well the camera update received this morning fixed my Rich capture issue on the 640, apparently.

Only issue now is that Living images images are 4-5 MB big (as the video is embedded in the JPG). Photos doesn't seem to allow "share as an image/as a video" alternative as we used to have before.
    Is the LENSES feature in windows camera works?
    I watched review build 10586.11 from nokiapoweruser with L640xl and that's work as showing other photos app like Lumia selfie & refocus, mine not working although those app already installed. Mine Lumia 640
    11-24-2015 12:39 PM
    I will tell you what's weird; all the "Rich Capture" photos I took whilst on 1058X builds, WILL NOT edit on 8.1 GDR2. When I tap "Edit Rich Capture" on the photo, using 8.1 GDR2, it just bounces me back to the start screen. I'd guess they have changed the way "Rich Capture" works between 8.1 and 1058X
    11-24-2015 12:40 PM
    It just reads as "Microsoft Photos".

the Photos app, or photo plugins app ?
    11-24-2015 12:43 PM
1,069 ... 2930313233 ...