03-17-2016 04:41 PM
1,069 ... 3132333435 ...
tools
    Installed it on my Lumia 720 my daily drive & it's fast, smooth, better battery life (not as good as WP 8.1) less buggy, Speech not working, unable to download offline maps.
    11-25-2015 03:32 AM
    Another issue I noticed is when I go to Settings - Network & Wireless - Data usage - Edit and I try to change the combo "Restrict background data" or the switch "Restrict bkg data while roaming" the "app" crashes and I am taken back to home screen.
    Anybody else experience that?
    11-25-2015 03:57 AM
    Another issue I noticed is when I go to Settings - Network & Wireless - Data usage - Edit and I try to change the combo "Restrict background data" or the switch "Restrict bkg data while roaming" the "app" crashes and I am taken back to home screen.
    I experienced that in 10581 and 10586 too
    11-25-2015 04:29 AM
    Yup, I too was experiencing the same issue but discovered a fix. The settings in Data Usage, like the data allowance setting etc., will work only when your mobile data is actually turned on. This way it works for me every time.
    11-25-2015 06:04 AM
    Is there way to record call on Lumia 1520?
    11-25-2015 06:09 AM
    Not yet, and no information as to when, or if, it'll ever come to anything besides the 950 / 950 XL.
    DennisvdG likes this.
    11-25-2015 06:36 AM
    Installed it on my daily phone (Lumia 930) and honestly: not that bad. In the past few hours I've only noticed a few issues and inconsistencies, but my overall experience is quite good. The only problem I have is heat and battery life: it dropped from 100% to 10% in only 4 hours and it got really really hot while listening to music.
    11-25-2015 07:57 AM
    I have been running it on my L1520 daily driver since 10581. Overall it has been quite good but i have noticed some things that have been happening over time.

1) The PIN entering screen is EXTREMELY sensitive. Just putting your finger near the screen or touching the first digit confirms up to 5 presses. It can sometimes take 3 tries before I am able to enter my PIN without issue. This never happened on 8.1.
    2) I am having to restart the phone 1-2 times daily now as apps will either, not open or crash to a "resuming" page. Messaging is a big culprit as well as Cortana. Both crash to the startscreen constantly.
    3) Battery life was amazing at first but now after using it for a few weeks i have noticed a huge drop in battery life. When it was installed i was able to get almost 3 days of use but now im lucky if i get a full day.

Overall a very solid build and the new menu structure and user interface is mile above 8.1. Im hoping that before they release it publicly in December that the OS is more polished. It definately has that tinge of not being finished.
    11-25-2015 08:22 AM
    Still an buggy build. Random crashes. Cant share photo's.
    11-25-2015 08:25 AM
    Finally! On my 640XL all the apps that failed to update (e.g. Motion Data) all updated.

Still says Lumia Camera is not a supported app though.
    11-25-2015 09:07 AM
    Lumia Camera is gone for good.
    Even if it updates, once you open it, you'll get a message saying it's been discontinued.
    11-25-2015 09:28 AM
    So yesterday was the first time I've had a chance to try out Driving Mode on 10586.11, and it STILL doesn't work. So I guess Microsoft is shipping a "final" build with a listed feature that doesn't work at all. Nice move.
    11-25-2015 09:41 AM
    Not from me does't work "Choose the best lighting" feature of Rich Capture on Lumia 930 .
    11-25-2015 10:12 AM
    So yesterday was the first time I've had a chance to try out Driving Mode on 10586.11, and it STILL doesn't work. So I guess Microsoft is shipping a "final" build with a listed feature that doesn't work at all. Nice move.
    I think I got driving mode to work now. Had to delete the existing entry for my phone from the car stereo, select "connect in a different way" from the phone's BT settings, paired again, called 611 (free customer service number for most US carriers), played with some options on their phone menu, both voice and tone, and hung back up. Seems to be working now, and I'm not getting "phone not answering, please check your phone" anymore from my stereo.

On a related note, I can't be the only one who doesn't get sound notifications for e-mails???
    11-25-2015 10:21 AM
    Hi,

Just upgrade my 930 to 10586.11 Build (from 8.1 version without hard resetting) and noticed that motion data is not working anymore. At settings page there are no application which have access to motion data listed also Microsoft Health as well as Health & Fitness application shows 0 steps and "Error! Failed to get data. Please refresh", of cause refresh doesn't help. Is this known issue if current build or I'm just so lucky
    11-25-2015 10:35 AM
    Yea, yea, yea.... buggy mess... Leave it to Microsoft to release a buggy OS....

I have a list of about 10 bugs that I see all the time....so bad that I am thinking about rolling back to 8.1... and this is a RTM version ? Really ?

Why even bother Microsoft, your trying to grow marketshare on Windows PHone and you release this POS ?
    11-25-2015 12:03 PM
    Store stops installing/downloading something if screen is locked.
    11-25-2015 12:39 PM
    Yea, yea, yea.... buggy mess... Leave it to Microsoft to release a buggy OS....

I have a list of about 10 bugs that I see all the time....so bad that I am thinking about rolling back to 8.1... and this is a RTM version ? Really ?

Why even bother Microsoft, your trying to grow marketshare on Windows PHone and you release this POS ?
    May be you can post all 10 of them and someone can answer?

Not from me does't work "Choose the best lighting" feature of Rich Capture on Lumia 930
    You will have to uninstall all Lumia Camera apps and Lumia Moments. Then once you click Choose Best Lighting it will take you to the store to download the Photos Plugin and it should work after the install.

Still an buggy build. Random crashes. Cant share photo's.
    Photo sharing works on most apps, may be limited to certain apps only?
    LeFreak likes this.
    11-25-2015 01:01 PM
    Still cannot block a number.

I'm having trouble with volume. The volume will raise up and down depending if apps are running in the background that control the volume such as Pandora. Anyone having trouble with this? Also the volume will spike but the moment I change the volume a tick, it'll go back to the appropriate level.
    11-25-2015 01:28 PM
    Has anyone else noticed that sound in W10M throught headphones is ''underpowered''? I am talking about volume and quality. I played one song to be sure that there's something just not right. If I in W8.1 couldn't play that song louder than '26' (because it was already too loud) and song had good bass and great quality, then in W10M i can easily play this song at max '30' (and it sound not as loud as '27' in W8.1) and sound is somehow a little flat (there is bass, but it's not that powerfull or great) and distorted.
    zapppa83 likes this.
    11-25-2015 02:15 PM
    Update on my 1020:

1. Battery usage has gotten worse, or maybe I haven't been stuck in the house so been off Wi-Fi more often but still drastically worse than on 8.1. Even on Wi-Fi and hardly using my phone I get about 8-9 hours where I'd get at least 24 hours before. Heavy use on 8.1 would get me from about 8am to 11pm before battery saver would kick in. Yesterday on W10M I got 6 hours while at home and this morning I stepped out and my phone shut off after 3 hours. Went through all the background tasks and don't see anything that I didn't have set in 8.1.

2. SMS is still slow to interact with, take a while for conversation list to come up then clicking into a conversation again takes a while to show the conversation. Sending a text takes quite a while to actually send after typing and the typing itself is laggy compared to other areas of the OS. Additionally, I get no notification alerts for SMS received although the integrated Skype does notify. I checked Messaging background task and it is running.

3. Like others launching any mapping apps just fails.

Overall I like the look and direction of WM10, mail and calendar are much improved. However, I can't test if I can only get 3-6 hours of battery when not using the phone, while using the phone the battery drain is ridiculous. Since others with battery issues have tried soft and hard resets with no success I'll have to revert to 8.1 and perhaps test the next build if these battery issues are addressed.

BTW, I updated last Friday so I've given the OS plenty of time to "settle down" with what it has to do after an upgrade.
    11-25-2015 02:19 PM
    Has anyone else noticed that sound in W10M throught headphones is ''underpowered''? I am talking about volume and quality. I played one song to be sure that there's something just not right. If I in W8.1 couldn't play that song louder than '26' (because it was already too loud) and song had good bass and great quality, then in W10M i can easily play this song at max '30' (and it sound not as loud as '27' in W8.1) and sound is somehow a little flat (there is bass, but it's not that powerfull or great) and distorted.
    Check your audio settings under Extras in the Settings app. Swipe left to set Dolby headphone audio enhancement settings. Maybe audio levelling is on. Try turning it off. Or try the preset equalizer options.
    11-25-2015 03:24 PM
    There are drop down menu inconsistencies like when selecting alarm tone which a lot differs from the call ringtone selection list.

Then the press and hold menu doesn't appear unless you release your finger in Photos app.

Also, the quick jump letters grid is completely different in the People app than the ones found in Groove app and All Apps list.
    11-25-2015 03:32 PM
    Nope. Everything set to default, as was on w8.1.
    Lumia 640.
    11-25-2015 03:48 PM
    Yes - grab a tape recorder and off you go; works for ALL phone calls, no compatibility issues :p

ha6614.jpg
    Maurizio Troso and Jack Neill like this.
    11-25-2015 06:01 PM
1,069 ... 3132333435 ...