On Lumia 730
    12-01-2015 11:45 AM
    Plss help, After updating to new build phone overheating while charging,
    On Lumia 730
    Perform a soft-reset and charge again.
    12-01-2015 12:23 PM
    Plss help, After updating to new build phone overheating while charging,
    On Lumia 730
    It's normal for the first one/ two days: system is looking for core apps update. Sits, charge it. You can check them by Store -> Downloads and Updates
    12-01-2015 12:28 PM
    I'm having continued problems with driving mode. After the upgrade from 8.1 to 10 M, driving mode stopped working properly. I did a hard reset on 10586 and it started to ignore text messages as in 8.1. However, it has now stopped doing that again and reading out my texts over Bluetooth like before I did the hard reset.

Is this a known bug? Does anybody know a work around?
    12-01-2015 12:34 PM
    I'm reverting back to 8.1. My l925 is my only phone and battery life is killing me on last build. I need to use my phone, not acting like having antique and not touching it at all...
    glossywhite likes this.
    12-01-2015 02:11 PM
    Had to go back to 8.1.lost cell signal today and a some apps crashing have made me nervous.Have been using w10 as daily driver last few months on 640 so sorry to have to revert back now.Still happy to wait for firmware or whatever it takes to make this thing stable
    12-01-2015 02:43 PM
    Installed the updates for lumia camera and here maps, no difference seen. Both apps still open
    12-02-2015 02:20 AM
    586.11 seems pretty stable on my 930. Battery life is good much better than 8.1. The only bug I had was the flash led wouldn't work for camera or flashlight but it sorted itself out after a day or two. Groove music and maps seems much more stable on this build(I used to want to throw my phone out the window when groove stubbornly refused to play music offline dispite being downloaded.). Overall the OS seems pretty much finished. Now just waiting on the 950xl to make it to the UK......
    Hi, I also have Lumia 930. when recording video using the Windows Camera app the sound is very very very low. how about you???
    12-02-2015 03:39 AM
    Another bug that has cropped up a couple of times now, trying to scroll up or down through the app list... Occasionally the swipes get messed up, so that to go up or down through the list, I have to swipe left or right (instead of up/down), it's very annoying when it happens, but a reboot solves it. I don't think I've seen anyone else report this issue yet, but I my be wrong.

Still enjoying W10M though, despite it's quirks. Though I wish I could get Outlook Mail notifications on the lock-screen working. Got all my other notifications working now, but no joy with this one.
    12-02-2015 06:10 AM
    Another bug that has cropped up a couple of times now, trying to scroll up or down through the app list... Occasionally the swipes get messed up, so that to go up or down through the list, I have to swipe left or right (instead of up/down), it's very annoying when it happens, but a reboot solves it. I don't think I've seen anyone else report this issue yet, but I my be wrong.

Still enjoying W10M though, despite it's quirks. Though I wish I could get Outlook Mail notifications on the lock-screen working. Got all my other notifications working now, but no joy with this one.
    Hi speccy
    Have you enabled notifications in the Outlook Mail settings? It is found under Settings and then Options and under Notifications you will see a toggle for "Show in action centre" and two tick boxes.

My problem is that tapping on a notification sometimes takes me to the email and sometimes takes me to my inbox, which I do think is a bug. I have noticed that in this build, some apps' (e.g. Windows Central) notifications do not go to individual articles like in previous builds. I therefore think that there is a bug with "deep linking" into apps in this build.
    mkenyon2 and speccy like this.
    12-02-2015 06:40 AM
    Hi speccy
    Have you enabled notifications in the Outlook Mail settings? It is found under Settings and then Options and under Notifications you will see a toggle for "Show in action centre" and two tick boxes.

My problem is that tapping on a notification sometimes takes me to the email and sometimes takes me to my inbox, which I do think is a bug. I have noticed that in this build, some apps' (e.g. Windows Central) notifications do not go to individual articles like in previous builds. I therefore think that there is a bug with "deep linking" into apps in this build.
    I did have a play with these settings before, but had no joy. I went to have another look just now and the mail app has updated itself and now everything is a little different, so I'll have a play with the now updated version of "Outlook Mail" and report back later. Interestingly, it has a SWITCH for "Show in action centre", but tick boxes for both "Show notification banner" and "Play a sound". I'm not quite sure why one of these is a switch and the other two are tick-boxes, they basically do the same thing, so why the distinction? Also, shouldn't there also be an extra "tick-box" here that says "Show on Lock-screen"... That would make so much more sense, but I can see why they've done it I guess, as the lock-screen is managed elsewhere.

I think I may have figured out why I wasn't getting notifications, I have my Microsoft account which I do NOT use for email, and I have have a separate Outlook.com email account. These are both in the list for lock-screen notifications, one as "Outlook Mail" and the other as just "Outlook". I think swapping one out for the other may well solve this.

Thanks for the suggestions, they at least kick-started me into looking into it again :)

Pleased to report that I now have email notifications on the lock-screen. I have a Microsoft account and and also a separate Outlook.com email account. In the lock-screen setting where you select which apps you want notifications from, I had the wrong one selected... Easily done as they are listed as Outlook Mail and Outlook in the list! Anyway all sorted. Just need some tweaks to Outlook Mail which can be a bit flaky at times, and another bug where very occasionally, the touch-screen goes haywire and swiping left and right, moves the screen and up/down, reboot resolved it, but weird and annoying... Using Win10M as my daily driver on Lumia 930, and despite the quirks, I have no show stopping issues, battery is good, apps all working, no errors. looking forward to the next build now :)
    Last edited by speccy; 12-03-2015 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Update on the issues I had
    12-02-2015 09:35 AM
    Updated lumia 730 to 10586 w10 after a hard reset battery draining so fast. Any solution. please reply?
    12-02-2015 11:41 AM
    Updated lumia 730 to 10586 w10 after a hard reset battery draining so fast. Any solution. please reply?
    use search function in forum. We told about it. System is updating all core apps and sync your account OneDrive, and that drains battery, data and overheating. Two or three days and it'll stabylize.
    That's like a new notebook out of the box
    hurkanasmaci likes this.
    12-02-2015 11:59 AM
    use search function in forum. We told about it. System is updating all core apps and sync your account OneDrive, and that drains battery, data and overheating. Two or three days and it'll stabylize.
    That's like a new notebook out of the box
    Well, I have been using wm10i on my Lumia 1520 for over a month now. I have two major problems, one being the battery although the reason might be the battery' itself. It drains like hell, %30 in 1 hour minimum. Also the percentage drops even though it's charging and then my phone turns off because there is no battery left. Like I said, it might be because the battery is gone, it's probably a bad coincidence but it is happening. The other problem is that I can't seem the make VPN work. I tried soft reset, hard reset, different VPN protocols, different VPN providers, connecting on different places and so on. Nada, it's not working, I couldn't find anything on the internet either. Any suggestions?
    12-02-2015 03:45 PM
    Finally installed on the Lumia 1320 here. Installation was a nightmare, had to remove both SIM and MicroSD cards, then restarted to install fully, took about 2 hours. It does warm up considerably being used while charging, but so far no app crashes detected. Mobile internet works fine, calls and text as well. But I keep getting dime a dozen error codes, checking if it's just our internet line acting up.
    12-03-2015 12:56 AM
    Silly me, Answered my own question > http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...r-preview.html

Just so I am clear, What's the recommended safer way to upgrade. Is there anything I need to know before I go ahead and push the upgrade button!

Isn't there a guide around the forums somewhere, I can't seem to find it.

I went back to windows 8.1 for a while after a few minor niggles but I am 99% tempted to go back on to windows 10 since there has been a few revisions ;)
    12-03-2015 04:06 AM
    Hi, I have Lumia 720 with Denim update or wp8.1 update 1. Yesterday I installed windows mobile 10 install preview 10586 in slow ring. After install I do clean install with fresh start. But now tap to speak is not working at all, as I can't send message via talk or can't talk to Cortana. Another problem is Cortana is not replying of my typing like hello, as it's circle rotate and nothing happens and it crashed
    I tried soft reset & hard reset still not success, any settings is missing or what.
    Waiting for your reply?
    Last edited by Arpit Mittal; 12-04-2015 at 12:16 PM.
    12-03-2015 09:51 AM
    After the Glance update last week, Glance stopped working entirely on my 1020 no matter what settings I choose :(

Also I'm having issues with the virtual keyboard popping up all the time when it shouldn't be (opening the Messaging app or the app list for example). Very annoying.
    12-03-2015 02:52 PM
    Select speech language as English U.K. This will surely work for you. It worked for me.
    12-03-2015 05:32 PM
    Hi, I have Lumia 720 with Denim update or wp8.1 update 1. Yesterday I installed windows mobile 10 install preview in slow ring. After install I do clean install with fresh start. But now tap to speak is not working at all, as I can't send message via talk or can't talk to Cortana. Another problem is Cortana is not replying of my typing like hello, as it's circle rotate and nothing happens and it crashed
    I tried soft reset & hard reset still not success, any settings is missing or what.
    Waiting for your reply?
    Select speech language as English U.K. This will surely work for you. It worked for me.
    12-03-2015 05:33 PM
    On my L830.

I just realize that my microphone doesn't work when I'm making/taking a call and the screen sometimes when blank.

Have done a hard reset and still nothing.

Recording sound & video works fine.

Anyone have any idea?
    12-03-2015 08:05 PM
    Try another hard reset, my experience is that W10M is different everytime it is installed. I've gone through 3 resets to fix various issues and the last one fixed my battery drain. My 1020 was draining in 5-6 hours including battery saver turning on at 20% on wireless and maybe half that on cell. That was also with all background tasks turned off, no Cortana and no location services enabled. After my third hard reset my phone last a minimum of 24 hours with battery saver at 20% using both wireless and cell. That is with Cortana and location services on and a majority of my apps running in the background.

It's like W10M has a mind of its own.
    12-03-2015 11:46 PM
    Has anyone encountered muted notifications on messages, mail and other apps like WhatsApp. Its like i have muted or set no sound on notifications for these apps. Did a hard reset, after Installation from 8.1. L830
    12-04-2015 06:50 AM
    Has anyone encountered muted notifications on messages, mail and other apps like WhatsApp. Its like i have muted or set no sound on notifications for these apps. Did a hard reset, after Installation from 8.1. L830
    Check if notification sounds are all to "default" and change them.
    12-04-2015 08:44 AM
    Try another hard reset, my experience is that W10M is different everytime it is installed. I've gone through 3 resets to fix various issues and the last one fixed my battery drain. My 1020 was draining in 5-6 hours including battery saver turning on at 20% on wireless and maybe half that on cell. That was also with all background tasks turned off, no Cortana and no location services enabled. After my third hard reset my phone last a minimum of 24 hours with battery saver at 20% using both wireless and cell. That is with Cortana and location services on and a majority of my apps running in the background.

It's like W10M has a mind of its own.
    Someone guessed hard reset sometimes delete the battery parameters too, and then operating system calibrates it to default.
    Symptom is when after a soft reset, battery goes down suddenly of 15 / 20%
    12-04-2015 08:47 AM
1,069 ... 3637383940 ...