03-17-2016 04:41 PM
1,069 ... 40414243
tools
    Did anyone with a 950 or 950 xl lose the ability to focus the camera with this update? My mother and I both did.
    12-14-2015 03:16 PM
    I am using Lumia 730 and running at latest build. Installed the windows 10 build 15 days before, find out few bugs. First the Cortana live tile stop working after few hours. Once you open the cortana, it starts working. It seems the background process is not running properly. I need to refresh to by opening to get the Live tile working and the same goes weather live tile. However, some of the live tiles are working properly. Done hard reset and soft reset many times. The navigation bar is also defective, when you hide the bar at start screen it shows the reflection of the background image when you swipe up to hide up. It show up for a very short second. It happens every time. Lock screen has also a bug, whenever i unlock the phone after a long time it fluctuates. I add the weather to show the updates and never come up until I open the weather app and after few hours the status of weather on lock screen goes off. It seems I need to refresh everything in a regular time interval. Waiting for the official upgrade. Also, If anyone know, let me know, how to install if the official windows 10 mobile comes up on the insider running windows 10. My windows device recovery tool is not installing getting error. I would not be able to roll back. Your help will be appreciated.
    12-14-2015 09:43 PM
    I think is something about my SD card. It's driving me mad.
    No i changed 3 cards and same story...
    12-15-2015 04:18 AM
    Can you uninstall/reinstall MSN Weather? On 8.1 it was possible, on 10 is not (also on PC).
    12-15-2015 12:34 PM
    No i changed 3 cards and same story...
    I unpinned all of my tiles. One day now and no hangs, doing that till the next build.
    12-15-2015 01:13 PM
    same thing with my groove music.
    12-17-2015 08:05 AM
    Updated to 10586.36, working good on L535
    12-17-2015 09:51 PM
    Hi, I have installed new insider preview on my Lumia 640 XL, and its running smoothly. When I accessed my phone with my PC, there is desktop.ini files in folders only in phone memory and its hidden... I would like to know what it is.. Thanks..

lumia.jpg
    12-17-2015 09:58 PM
    Hi, I have installed new insider preview on my Lumia 640 XL, and its running smoothly. When I accessed my phone with my PC, there is desktop.ini files in folders only in phone memory and its hidden... I would like to know what it is.. Thanks..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lumia.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	119089
    That's a WIndows desktop system file created by windows itself when working in external mass memories (like a usb connected phone).
    You can't touch that, in fact it's hidden
    NIRMAL RAJ THAMBI likes this.
    12-18-2015 02:14 AM
    just updated my 640xl lte dual sim from .29 to .36. took about 1 hour and 15 mins. after upgrade , i did a soft reset. so far, feel the overall performance is smoother than .29. Other than that, i dont see much different from the .29.
    Bug report: 1) Gestures and touch still does not download from the store. 2) Extra/call and sms filter does not work- it says there are something wrong and asks to restart the phone. but still not working. so the same bug from .29 is still not fixed. Since .29 I have not done a hard reset. has anyone else experienced the same errs? what is the fix?
    12-18-2015 03:30 AM
    Should i go for 10586.36 or not i am confused because I have my daily driver Lumia 535.And also i cannot rollback because i don't have any computer or laptop
    12-18-2015 04:11 AM
    Better wait for release (most probably early next year). TP is pretty stable for last few builds but without roll back option it won't be good idea to update before final release.
    12-18-2015 04:48 AM
    Should i do a hard reset on my Lumia 730 after updating to build .36 from .29 ?...will it improve anything ?
    12-18-2015 08:49 AM
    Should i do a hard reset after updating to build .36 from .29 ?...will it improve anything ?
    I've upgraded without the hard reset, perfomaces are even better.
    12-18-2015 08:50 AM
    I've upgraded without the hard reset, perfomaces are even better.
    Which phone?
    12-18-2015 08:51 AM
    Lumia 640.
    12-18-2015 10:10 AM
    Anyone having problems dling English (United States) speech language pack?
    Hard reset, installed Windows Insider app and properly configured it, but I can't seem to download it, or any other speech language pack.
    12-19-2015 07:55 AM
    Anyone having problems dling English (United States) speech language pack?
    Hard reset, installed Windows Insider app and properly configured it, but I can't seem to download it, or any other speech language pack.
    Yes seems like the keyoatd download is broken. Languages seems fine for me. I have hard reset, restored, hardrest and no restore. To no avail cannot get it to download.
    manus31 likes this.
    12-19-2015 11:15 AM
    The Action Centre often behaves anomalously for no specific reason. It doesn't show any notifications but shows the Clear all button all the time. Even live tile number notifications stop working. The notification icon appears in the system tray but still no notification is shown in the Action Centre when it is pulled down. So, I have to open every app that I use frequently to see if there's anything new. A soft reset doesn't fix it. It gets fixed automatically but it takes days to happen. This issue is not unique to this build. It's been there since few previous builds.
    12-22-2015 02:33 AM
    The Action Centre often behaves anomalously for no specific reason. It doesn't show any notifications but shows the Clear all button all the time. Even live tile number notifications stop working. The notification icon appears in the system tray but still no notification is shown in the Action Centre when it is pulled down. So, I have to open every app that I use frequently to see if there's anything new.
    Are you sure you enabled all notification in settings? On mine works perfectly since on every buiild, every app call it
    12-22-2015 02:38 AM
    According to the Insider installation guide, that program is intended for phones currently at 8.1. I've experimented on my 640xl and verified that I could update to the 10586.36 build there. When I try to do the same with my 950xl, it fails every time. Are the WM10 preview builds made available by Insider not compatible with devices already at WM10? I thought they were and I've seen others posting successfully. What else could explain the failure during the installation prep phase of the. 36 update?
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    12-22-2015 09:33 AM
    just updated my 640xl lte dual sim from .29 to .36. took about 1 hour and 15 mins. after upgrade , i did a soft reset. so far, feel the overall performance is smoother than .29. Other than that, i dont see much different from the .29.
    Bug report: 1) Gestures and touch still does not download from the store. 2) Extra/call and sms filter does not work- it says there are something wrong and asks to restart the phone. but still not working. so the same bug from .29 is still not fixed. Since .29 I have not done a hard reset. has anyone else experienced the same errs? what is the fix?
    The calls+SMS app is redundant and should not even be there (Microsoft have some cleaning up to do). The features of that app are now baked into the system, long-pressing on a number in your call log that you want to block should pop up with a menu, one of the options being "Block Number".
    12-23-2015 03:54 AM
    They work now
    12-23-2015 03:57 AM
    Are you sure you enabled all notification in settings? On mine works perfectly since on every buiild, every app call it
    Common, I am not naive to do that. I would have attached some screen shots but the issue had been resolved around the time I had posted about it here. And it didn't happen once. In fact, I had reset my phone sometime ago. And even after doing that the problem reappeared a few weeks later.

I will explain what actually happens. When I receive a notification, the chat-like notification icon appears in the system tray/status bar. Then I scroll open the action center to find plain black section without even the "No notifications" line. The chat-like icon recedes after opening the action center. The "Clear all" button is still seen but does nothing when tapped. I then check the tiles of potential apps that may have notified me. But none of the tiles on my start screen shows any black number dots or the big notification numbers. Then I open a potential app like Outlook Mail and there I find a new email has arrived.

Here's a screenshot of how the action center looks when broken:-
    1.png2.png

Do you get it now?
    12-24-2015 04:58 PM
    Folks, I've got a serious problem with .586 running on my L730. I set an alarm for 4:00 a couple of weeks ago when I had to work an early shift. But it still goes off every day - even though I've switched off and deleted the alarm, updated the Alarms program to the latest version, and asked Cortana to clear all alarms. It's woken us up every morning at 4:00 - even though there is no sign of an alarm at all on the phone. Any suggestions? Hard reset?
    12-31-2015 02:45 AM
1,069 ... 40414243