Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes, swipe was a great feature, and it's rather odd that it has gone :/

Wait, what? Swipe keyboard was working fine for me in the last build. Still updating to current build after endless loop. I use the Swipe keyboard all the time so I hope it's still there! Lumia 1020

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Wait, what? Swipe keyboard was working fine for me in the last build. Still updating to current build after endless loop. I use the Swipe keyboard all the time so I hope it's still there! Lumia 1020

I'm using it now to write this reply... actually, it seems like it works better on my 830.

her3814

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
If you aren't getting swipe you can try by Re-Enrolling in Windows Insider, and trying to get "Text Prediction updates" for your keyboards. Now installing on my Lumia 640, stucked dowonloadin for about 20mins on 8% and now on 66% Prep for installing. Download took 811MB, coming from Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2

drufranco

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
All is good on my 735. Upgraded from 10581 (no hard reset). Swipe is working for me so far in the few apps I have tried. I didn't hard reset after updating either and is running smooth so far.

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone here also have the problem that cannot hide nav bar? Starting from 10572, I can't hidr it in some custom installed apps, but can in Edge, Weather and other system apps.
Hard reseted every time. Thinking to flash back to 8.1.2 and upgrade than, don't know if it could help.
Ot's annoying when watching full acreen videos.

Vishal Kaushal

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I had not installed any tp build till now ..but I'm tempted to install this one. Should I perform a hard reset on my Lumia 730 running windows phone 8.1 or should I just update straightaway. I really want to install this one ..please reply

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Alright, updated both Lumia 830 and HTC One M8 to the latest build, hard reset on all of them, here are my findings:

HTC One
-All apps downloaded like a charm, and promptly.
-No other problems at all, really.
If it weren't for the fact that my phone has a faulty processor (which starts stuttering ONLY with scrolling, for every single build and even on 8.1. ATT sent me 4 of these in a row), it would be my daily driver. Everything is perfect, and I'm especially loving the fact that the standard camera allows for recording in 1080p 60fps. There's options for 90 and 120 fps but trying to record results in the camera crashing.

Lumia 830
-Need to 'pause/resume all' multiple times for apps to not get stuck.
-Left it alone for ten minutes and it didn't even get two apps done.
-Networks services and a host of other necessary core apps refuse to update citing an error code that doesn't exist. Prevalent since last build
-Glance and other function come online after several minutes. Turns out the trick was having to wait for them to install in the background (there's no app installation in the store for some odd reason)
-If all these are the same, I'm inclined to believe the battery drain will be equally as horrendous as last build, especially with Messaging and Groove
Overall, I don't think the SD400 and 1 gig of ram can handle this adequately just yet. Other experiences with the 830 may vary, of course.

Gonna try it on the Lumia 1520, my mainstay device which has usually been reliable with Windows 10, and see how that fares.

Cloudscout#WN

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I updated my HTC One M8 from 8.1 to the 10586 build today. Now the Store app isn't working properly. If I tell it to Check for Updates, it never finds any updates available. If I look at an installed app's page in the store, though, it DOES show that there is an update available and I can even click he Update button which successfully updates the app. Unfortunately, the Store App itself appears to be outdated (it's the 2015.10.13.1 version).

Very frustrating. I hate the idea of having to do another reset.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Could anyone with the "Choose the best lighting" feature of Rich Capture NOT WORKING, who owns a 640 or 640XL, please report back here? This is immensely irritating, as a photographer.

Thank you :)
The best lighting feature is fixed even in previous builds by removing the Lumia Moments app. If that doesn't work, then remove Lumia Camera. Those 2 actually conflict with the Photos plug-in app that handles it.

Given that the Lumia 950 has shipped with this exact same build, I don't know if I'd call this a test build.
Technically, the 950 shipped with 10586.3. We're getting 10586.11, so we've got a few extra bug fixes. ;) Yay!

Does anyone know the size of the download for the build?

systematicchaos

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
It has been an hour since the update. It's smooth and faster but still messages can't seem to restore in this build as well. Plus, I can't find the new facebook app. Store says it up to date.

elindalyne

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Downloading apps after the restore, seems way faster than 10581. It looks like changed the people bubbles back to full tile squares.

Edit: My settings and contacts seem to have gotten corrupted so that's why I'm seeing the square... Having a heck of a time syncing Facebook profiles back :(

Messaging still crashes with large skype group messages.

Last edited:

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how to stop getting the phantom Motion Data update in the Store that just doesn't download?

Still happens in this build too (I didn't hard reset).

Would a hard reset fix it?

Otherwise, really enjoying this build.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb