Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

MP3Mike

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Well 10586.11 broke things for me. My MS Band 2 no longer gets call/text/notifications/Cortana/etc... And truecaller doesn't work.

The Band was working just fine on 10581. Anybody else gotten a chance to try out their Band with this build?

glossywhite

Banned
Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Same broken, crusty old cack that has been released for the last few months! Nuimerous Lumia apps WILL NOT INSTALL, Faceboook 10.1 which worked FINE on 10581 will now NOT install and it installs the TERRIBLE 8.3.X.X version which is a mess, my rich capture worked, now it doesn't.... WHAT A MESS!!

iOS/iPhone is light years ahead, this is a cruddy old mess. I thought this was RTM? It needs fixing BADLY, what an absolte and complete farce of an OS. What is this - a college project??

And yes, before you suggest it, I've hard reset and started overy; this is plain unprofessional to be borked THIS much, THIS late in the day. MS you goons!

glossywhite

Banned
Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Well 10586.11 broke things for me. My MS Band 2 no longer gets call/text/notifications/Cortana/etc... And truecaller doesn't work.

The Band was working just fine on 10581. Anybody else gotten a chance to try out their Band with this build?

Yah, it broke EVERYTHING. Gonna go back to 8.1 tomorrow, at least it WORKS. :)

anon(8057870)

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Is data usage working for you guys? Was crashing on the previous build. This one, it at least open. But doesn't show data usage. Will try waiting for things to settle down.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
It has been an hour since the update. It's smooth and faster but still messages can't seem to restore in this build as well. Plus, I can't find the new facebook app. Store says it up to date.

Find the windows central article about it... should be a link to the store at the bottom.

Also: with the name systematicchaos, I'm assuming you're a dream theater fan? If so, most excellent!

Doug Swallow

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Well, my 1020 STILL tries to download an update for "Lumia Help+Tips" and STILL gets error 0x803F8006 every time. And now I get the same error trying to update "Lumia Camera" every time. Though at least at some point I could delete Lumia Camera and stop that attempt -- especially considering the update will theoretically just kill the app with a "so long and thanks for all the fish" screen. But "Lumia Help+Tips" doesn't show up anywhere so nothing I can try to just delete.

Now we'll see how it settles out after a few days; if all the reboots and app crashes, especially Outlook Mail, somehow are fixed.

My 920 has been downloading, or attempting to, for a couple hours now. Just sneaked up from 20% to 21% though, so I guess I'll just let it sit overnight. App updates are similarly slow on the 1020 right now, so maybe it's just an update server issue somewhere.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Same broken, crusty old cack that has been released for the last few months! Nuimerous Lumia apps WILL NOT INSTALL, Faceboook 10.1 which worked FINE on 10581 will now NOT install and it installs the TERRIBLE 8.3.X.X version which is a mess, my rich capture worked, now it doesn't.... WHAT A MESS!!

iOS/iPhone is light years ahead, this is a cruddy old mess. I thought this was RTM? It needs fixing BADLY, what an absolte and complete farce of an OS. What is this - a college project??

And yes, before you suggest it, I've hard reset and started overy; this is plain unprofessional to be borked THIS much, THIS late in the day. MS you goons!

Calm down

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Well, my 1020 STILL tries to download an update for "Lumia Help+Tips" and STILL gets error 0x803F8006 every time. And now I get the same error trying to update "Lumia Camera" every time. Though at least at some point I could delete Lumia Camera and stop that attempt -- especially considering the update will theoretically just kill the app with a "so long and thanks for all the fish" screen. But "Lumia Help+Tips" doesn't show up anywhere so nothing I can try to just delete.

Now we'll see how it settles out after a few days; if all the reboots and app crashes, especially Outlook Mail, somehow are fixed.

My 920 has been downloading, or attempting to, for a couple hours now. Just sneaked up from 20% to 21% though, so I guess I'll just let it sit overnight. App updates are similarly slow on the 1020 right now, so maybe it's just an update server issue somewhere.

Don't update Lumia camera since you'll be disabling it if you do

Federico Turban

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Reading trough this, and to think I was thinking (jaja) to install this Build on my Lumia 735. I mean, why? I know it's really hard to make an entire OS, and more from scratch, but this is just amazing, how a Build, pre-installed on the new flagships is still failing so hard on a lot of devices with a lot of things broken? Even from devices coming from Windows Phone 8.1, the original and "targeted" OS from where almost every Windows Phone device are going to get the Windows 10 Mobile update. Let's see if MS launch another update, cumulative update or something else.

Doug Swallow

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Well, apparently it actually had updated the apps (OneNote and Outlook Mail & Calendar) that I thought were just going slow; apparently now with 10586 I cannot trust the Download page in the store to actually update properly while an update is in progress.

Now in the middle of typing this my phone has started giving me one email notification after another for emails that've been in my inbox since late afternoon, maybe 8 hours ago. *sigh*

JANGEL13

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Well, apparently it actually had updated the apps (OneNote and Outlook Mail & Calendar) that I thought were just going slow; apparently now with 10586 I cannot trust the Download page in the store to actually update properly while an update is in progress.

Now in the middle of typing this my phone has started giving me one email notification after another for emails that've been in my inbox since late afternoon, maybe 8 hours ago. *sigh*
The mail notification thing is happening on my 640 as well.

Boysie1

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
woke this morning (in UK)to find my phone in a reboot loop, disappointing to see the auto install option screws the phone at 3am, not like they told us to disable this auto install feature. anyway some trickery back to 8.1 and sever hours later I will be back on win10 the very beta not yet ready for rtm version of this user shrinking mobile OS. not fussed about the data, but the experience is a bit shocking.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
woke this morning (in UK)to find my phone in a reboot loop, disappointing to see the auto install option screws the phone at 3am, not like they told us to disable this auto install feature. anyway some trickery back to 8.1 and sever hours later I will be back on win10 the very beta not yet ready for rtm version of this user shrinking mobile OS. not fussed about the data, but the experience is a bit shocking.

Did you read the release notes for this build?
It covered the issue you experienced.

AntiHero7

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Could anyone with the "Choose the best lighting" feature of Rich Capture NOT WORKING, who owns a 640 or 640XL, please report back here? This is immensely irritating, as a photographer.

Thank you :)

Hi,
try uninstall Lumia Moments, then go to photos and tap "Choose the best lightning". It should take you to the store to install photos plug-in and then it should work

elindalyne

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Not going to lie... the corrupted settings during the backup have basically made me start completely fresh...

It actually really sucks.

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
15+ apps not updating, so leaving them for now, just wondering why don't they update default (pre installed) apps in build itself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa