Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

yosoyyoberdi

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am having big issues with Mail app, first it was showing strange notifications but since its last updated is not working anymore. Everytime I try to open it it just doesn't try to open at all. I can't uninstall the app so I don't find any solution. Any idea?

Appart from that everything seens to work fine, not as good as I was expecting but OK. Battery life is still horrible.

Lumia 1520

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Love that I got criticism for running the Insider Preview on my daily driver and wanting to do a hard reset, as recommended by Gabe Aul & Daniel Rubino, for maximum performance. Especially on the thread about the most stable build yet. Come on, Windows Community, we're better than this.

That makes me wonder why a work-critical phone is willingly being put in jeopardy for test builds? That sounds a bit silly to me, with all kindness.

I understand where you're coming from. But I take the necessary precautions, such as a hard reset on every build, to decrease my chances of having problems that would be harmful to my work. I haven't had any dropped calls, freezes during calls, or during any other critical work moment. Add to that, I'm self employed and can do what I'd like. I believe that Windows 10 Mobile adds to my work productivity rather than taking away from it.

1000% YES to this. People want to be/feel "special".

Or... I just like testing new software and I genuinely like Windows 10 Mobile and the entire Windows platform.

Dirigent82

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Went from 8.1 Denim to 10586 on my ATT 830. First time I've upgraded to a build. The process went smoothly, albeit slowly, but that seems normal.

I'm worried, though. Performance isn't stellar and it seems to run warm. Battery drain seems to be rocky. Performance most noticeably suffers in Messaging. There can be up to a 5 second delay before my message transfers from the text box to the message list. And then, at times, can be 10-15 seconds before it's actually sent (timestamp on the message).

I restored from a backup that kept my apps, start screen layout, etc. Perhaps this is a problem? I'm thinking I might need to hard reset and not do a restore? Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly resets during a hard reset? The phone must remember that you had W10 installed?

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I have the 10581, what should I do to get 10586 safely? Do I need to hard reset my phone first before installing 10586? Or should I install it first, then hard reset? Please reply, thank you so much

MChaney3563

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Updated from windows phone 8.1 and everything works minus ny people tile. I can't add contacts, it crashes every time I try. It's annoying. I have no contacts on my phone ugh.

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I have the 10581, what should I do to get 10586 safely? Do I need to hard reset my phone first before installing 10586? Or should I install it first, then hard reset? Please reply, thank you so much

Im just gonna add, when I upgraded to 10581 I hard resetted my phone before AND after upgrading. It was a smooth upgrade process, no problems at all. So I suppose I will repeat that again for 10586?

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok!
Lumia 928 upgrade Journey :)

so updated from 581 and got the reboot loop after upgrade finished... hard reset via buttons did the trick, well got it back to the start screen (fresh install no restore... I don't usually restore from builds)
started customizing, app updates, only to realize that non of the extra apps(audio, glance etc) are not updating via store... I can access but not updating.. 13+ apps with error issues... so... hard reset via system>about>reset :( :)

moments later... up and running again, app updates all good... or so I thought..

found a bug in notifications and actions... cant change 1 and 3 actions... settings app crashes

Thank you for posting that quick actions 1 & 3 still don't work after hard reset. I had the reboot loop problem and restored back to 8.1 to get my latest current apps, haven't used Restore in ages. Thought maybe using Restore kept the Quick Action problem. Installed the HERE app updates and got MixRadio and Glance settings access back, then upgraded to 586 and didn't do a hard reset for fear of losing the above like in last couple of builds.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

The restart loop bug happens on devices that did a hard reset on 10581 at some point. You can upgrade 10586, and if you find yourself in a restart loop, you simply go through the button hard reset steps here: https://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/settings-and-personalization/reset-my-phone

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Im just gonna add, when I upgraded to 10581 I hard resetted my phone before AND after upgrading. It was a smooth upgrade process, no problems at all. So I suppose I will repeat that again for 10586?
IIf you hard reset, like me, AFTER installing 10581, you will run into a boot loop when upgrading to 10586. Hard resetting using the power and volume button method posted on the Windows Phone manufacturer's site might continue the upgrade process, or it might not. I still had the boot loop and had to connect the phone to PC and use the recovery tool to revert back to 8.1, Cyan, Denim updates, etc. before Insider app let's you upgrade to 10586.

BrandonTeoh

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Installed the build this morning but the reset loop and setting up lasted for hours, so far, it runs butter smooth* despite only have 512MB of RAM, Lumia 720.

*Camera is a hit and miss

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
* Still no apps listed that are compatible with Glance screen, including MSN Weather. I also have Amazing Weather HD, which works on the lock screen, but not Glance.

I actually can't get Amazing Weather top open now, it just crashes with an error every time. I had the reboot loop issue, so rolled back to 8.1, then upgraded to latest build of W10M, did hard reset, then restored from backup of W10M from previous build.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I restored from a backup that kept my apps, start screen layout, etc. Perhaps this is a problem? I'm thinking I might need to hard reset and not do a restore? Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly resets during a hard reset? The phone must remember that you had W10 installed?

When I hard reset after a new build, I generally start fresh. Meaning, I don't recall settings/data from a previous backup. Instead, I set up the phone like it's brand new. It seems to be the safest way to go.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Anyone who has upgraded from 10581 to 10586 without hard resetting? And you had upgraded from 8.1 cyan to 10581 directly, also with no hard reset? I'm looking for someone with this path to see what issues I could come across.

Lumia 1020

I upgraded from 81 to 86 with no hard reset and no issues

d33pth0u9ht

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I updated last night on my 640xl and I have to say that I am delighted. The OS is running smooth and fast. Working with my Band 2 perfectly. Connected to car via Bluetooth perfectly (was able to voice dial, send texts via Cortana etc.). Battery is great.

After reading about all the issues folks are having, it makes me wonder what is going on? Microsoft needs to investigate this urgently because there appears to be some sort of configuration issue that affects some while not affecting others.

I am wondering if this build was tailored to the 950 and 950xl (since they are releasing over the next week) with updates coming later to improve the performance on other legacy products.

rgosh

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Had 10581 on 640XL.
Reverted to 8.1, installed 10586 and did hard reset.
The apps Glance screen, Cinema graph, Rate your Device, Extras & Info, etc. wont update.
The font on non Win10 apps is extremely large, which was not the case in the previous build.
Hide navigation bar in non Win10 apps still does not work.

Apart from the Storage app fix, This current build 10586 has more bugs than the previous build 10581

Hard to believe this is the RTM version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6