Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

Mr Kaja

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Most importantly, the camera now launches in just over one second (full resolution capabilities) when launched from the start screen, and just under two seconds when launched from lock screen with the phone screen turned off (timed from the moment the phone vibrates, recognizing the camera button press and hold).

The same here (l1020) in WP8.1 after lumia camera app update ;) But I'm curious about your battery consumption (not necessarily now, when apps are installing...and etc, but in a few next days).

ExcaliburII

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
updated this morning and all was working good. then a second update came through and now outlook is not working. All my accounts for email still show under settings but outlook won't show any. Tried a couple of re-boots. anyone else having this issue? I'm at 10586.11 running it on my 920.

Captains

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I got the notification last night about a scheduled restart so I went ahead & did that. that was 7 hours ago. Doing a recovery now. :(

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I also have this same issue - I even did a hard reset after I installed the 10856. Not sure how to resolve it. Any ideas?

I was having the same issue on my 830, after a couple of reboots it appears to have fixed the problem, and all of the troublesome apps have updated correctly. They might have fixed the issue server-side, as Gabe was apparently aware of the issue.

wp_ss_20151119_0002.png

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I suspect server-side, since the same thing happened to my 1520 earlier today. Same list of apps too.

I didn't do anything to trigger the success. And it was the same list of failed apps that you had.

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
All I know is since build 10586, after a hard reset on a Lumia 1520, the Messaging app is inconsistent; sometimes its near instant, and sometimes when I hit SEND on a message, it will just sit there for 30 seconds or even a little longer than that. Not to mention my custom tones for text messages working seemingly at random, as well as my Band (original) gets some messages before the phone (!!!) and sometimes minutes after... why?

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
What the heck. Now my Nokia Camera has disappeared by itself again and only the regular camera is on my 1520. That renders my camera useless because the OIS is ****** in Microsofts own camera and I can't get sharp pictures even outside in daylight. The store won't let install the Lumia Camera as it says it's not compatible with my device even though it surely is as it works wonders before the system just deletes it by itself. Without my Lumia Camera the camera in my 1520 is worthless.

Last edited by a moderator:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I picked up a 925 this morning (purely for kicks & giggles) to try this supposed "950 release". I take back all the crap I've said about Windows 10 for Mobile in the past. This is truly a good looking mobile OS and while I've only been on it for a few hours, it didn't take long to notice the improvements in just over a month since the last build I tried (not 10581). Notifications, Outlook, Skype and OneDrive are new and improved. This is as close to a daily driver as I've seen and I'm now on board with this OS. I'll be getting a Win HD LTE for further evaluation since they're cheap and I don't really care about the camera (I have a 808 PureView).

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
What the heck. Now my Nokia Camera has disappeared by itself again and only the regular camera is on my 1520. That renders my camera useless because the OIS is f*cked in Microsofts own camera and I can't get sharp pictures even outside in daylight. The store won't let install the Lumia Camera as it says it's not compatible with my device even though it surely is as it works wonders before the system just deletes it by itself. Without my Lumia Camera the camera in my 1520 is worthless.

Then its def your 1520. I deleted LC once MS updated it forcing you to use MScamera. Both apps are the same and my ois works as normal. Pictures are sharp as ever.

StalaggtIKE

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Apparently the new update for Outlook temporarily removes the email link feature due to performance issues. Can't find the source, but heard we will be getting it back Saturday. I've had no performance issues with Outlook and thus haven't updated.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Just got another outlook mail update 5 minutes ago and now 1 of my email's despaired? What's going on!

Hay Guys!!!!
Be careful with this new update I just rebooted my phone went back to my email again now another email disappears right before my eyes, will check what version and check back in with you all.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
What the heck. Now my Nokia Camera has disappeared by itself again and only the regular camera is on my 1520. That renders my camera useless because the OIS is f*cked in Microsofts own camera and I can't get sharp pictures even outside in daylight. The store won't let install the Lumia Camera as it says it's not compatible with my device even though it surely is as it works wonders before the system just deletes it by itself. Without my Lumia Camera the camera in my 1520 is worthless.

Then its def your 1520. I deleted LC once MS updated it forcing you to use MScamera. Both apps are the same and my ois works as normal. Pictures are sharp as ever.

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Can't see how it can be a hardware error when it works perfectly with the Lumia Camera and not so with Microsofts camera. If it was hardware the Lumia Camera would behave the same.

Occasionally I get a perfectly sharp picture with it, but not so often. It's always ever so slightly soft. And I could see in the viewfinder in the Nokia Camera that the OIS behaved a little smoother.

Looking in the store on the Windows Camera, I'm not the only one with this problem apparently. Definitely software problem.

Last edited:

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Hay Guys!!!!
Be careful with this new update I just rebooted my phone went back to my email again now another email disappears right before my eyes, will check what version and check back in with you all.
The Outlook mail version # is 17.6418.42012.0 just updated around 4:00 pm today. I sent feedback on this.

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Anybody else lose their notifications? When go under notifications and actions I only have Outlook Mail and Phone. None of my other apps with notifications are listed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett