Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

Dirigent82

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
It's hard to accurately judge battery life after a short time, but standby battery life seems to be very stable for me. I'm happy to see that. Using Messaging causes a fair amount of drain, but hard to tell exactly how much yet.

Michael Dontigney

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I spoke too soon... So, last night I updated from 8.1 on my 1520... All apps worked great... No overheating or rapid battery drain.. Fast too.. No waiting... Left it off the charger all night.. Get up this morning to 85% battery! Sweet!... Phone needed to restart to install an update... Done.. Gears again... Bam... Overheating back, apps closing again... Wtf? Gimme that last one!... I tried soft reset... And just now did a hard clean reset... Let's see if it helps!

gentry33

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Well, they weren't lying about the first bug...

Was caught in boot loop and had to force a hard-reset with key combos. Ah well...
Got the boot loop on my 920 overnight while still running 10581. Key combo did not work (looped between Nokia and AT&T slash screens). Kicked back to 8.1 with device recovery tool. Oh well.

glossywhite

Banned
Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: New W10M Build

Maybe it is just you. Maybe. Lightning fast and responsive on my Lumia 920.

"I'm alright Jack, and I've got no problems, so everyone else must be over-reacting"

Typical internet response.

New subject:
=========================================================================

I'd like to know what ON EARTH is the situation with the new Facebook App. Here is my situation:

#1 Tolerated the AWFUL 8.3.X app for 6 months, saw the 10.0 "Beta" last week and installed it on 10581, then updated that to the latest 10.1 when the FINAL version of the new app released.

#2 Update to Insider build 10586.11 and followed the Store link to the (supposedly) "new" 10.1 version of Facebook app... only to have that install the OLD, 8.3.X (awful) app, and NO SIGN of the newer, fixed, better v10.1 app (remember, it was installed AND working on Insider 10581).

Microsoft, what ARE you doing?

#3 I then Googled "Facebook Beta for Windows Phone" and found a link to the OLD, 10.0 Beta app which (supposedly) had been replaced with the final 10.1, and the BETA installed. Okay, so I am now running the perfectl working Beta 10.0 Facebook, having uninstalled the 8.3.X version (the crap one)...

SO SO confusing!

TheRealMadFlint

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I updated my M8 so far so good, it is running better than the previous 10581 build. Of course I notice a couple of hick ups but I am assuming it has to do with some apps not optimized for Win10. I had an issue with HTC apps not updating and HERE + wasn't available. As for as battery life. When I took it off the charger I had 1 day and 14 hrs and that was around 6 am. it is now 5:23 pm and I have 1 day and 2 hrs left. So not complaints with battery life especially when its in standby.

hurkanasmaci

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
So far the OS is pretty solid except two little problems. First of all some system apps, or MS apps, are not updating. Whenever I try to update, they give an error which is coded as 0x803F8006. And secondly, VPN is not working. It's says connected in the VPN settings, but it doesn't work on Edge, or any other app. When I turn on the VPN and try to use Edge I get an error saying "no internet connection". Any help guys?

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Even when there's a "99% success rate", a 1% error rate is still valid :) - but then, this is not merely 1%, LOTS of people are having LOTS of problems.
So very true and valid and I apologize. It's not a one size fits all type if thing. I need to remember that.

glossywhite

Banned
Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
So far the OS is pretty solid except two little problems. First of all some system apps, or MS apps, are not updating. Whenever I try to update, they give an error which is coded as 0x803F8006. And secondly, VPN is not working. It's says connected in the VPN settings, but it doesn't work on Edge, or any other app. When I turn on the VPN and try to use Edge I get an error saying "no internet connection". Any help guys?

"little" problems? They seem pretty serious.

wgs84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I was having the same issue on my 830, after a couple of reboots it appears to have fixed the problem, and all of the troublesome apps have updated correctly. They might have fixed the issue server-side, as Gabe was apparently aware of the issue.

View attachment 116874

Rebooting worked for me too. Had to keep doing it, but it eventually downloaded the six apps that refused to update. Or maybe it was a server-side fix. I don't know. Just glad it's finally out of the list.

The six apps that gave me issues:
wp_ss_20151119_0001.png

sraina

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys,

Does anyone have any issues with Calendar notifications and reminders? I have had issues where some calendar events don't show any notifications (eg. 15 mins prior to meeting). Other than this everything runs fine on my Lumia 640 XL.

Appreciate a response. thanks.

Istvan Szitas

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Anyone experiencing battery drain? Comparing to 8.1 this is very worrying. Needed to charge 3 times a day. L930
Other problem: Notifications still don't work in the messaging app. No toast no live tile. And I did a hard reset.

ushodax

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Is there anyone of you who did the upgrade and having a problem like the folliwing:

- Calendar app unable to sync in with the microsoft account
- Contacts are opening but empty (probably because of the account issue)

I think the main problem is the system (a bug in the OS). Because after you have typed in the email add and the pass., and it shows that the account was successfully logged in and showned in the list, the system still cannot read it.

Thanks WC!
Will be wating for a soon response. .

same here, no mail and no contacts, it says "unable to sync, error 0x86000c0a :/

glossywhite

Banned
Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Hey Guys,

Does anyone have any issues with Calendar notifications and reminders? I have had issues where some calendar events don't show any notifications (eg. 15 mins prior to meeting). Other than this everything runs fine on my Lumia 640 XL.

Appreciate a response. thanks.

I also have the 640 XL, so I tested this for you. "Set a reminder in 2 mins" and Cortana sets it. In 2 mins both my 640 XL and my Windows 10 PC alert me, so all seems well. I hope you fix it :)

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Anyone experiencing battery drain? Comparing to 8.1 this is very worrying. Needed to charge 3 times a day even with no apps allowed running in the background. L930
Other problem: Notifications still don't work in the messaging app. No toast no live tile. And I did a hard reset.

It's normal for a new build to consume a lot of battery over the first day or so. You need to wait until the OS is stabilised and all updates \ downloads \ syncs are completed.

sraina

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Cortana reminders work without fail. I use office365 for my office email - it seems some of those reminders don't work. In particular the ones that are meeting invites forwarded to me. This used to work flawlessly in 8.1.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05