Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
it's pointless: when you launch Lumia Camera, it will say to say goodbye to LC and welcome Windows Camera :/
When I installed the "Lumia Camera" from the store I got that message. When using the "Nokia Camera" on the phone, while installed, it has worked as intended and not given me that message.

jsmid6

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, for me both Outlook Calendar and Mail are not working at all since the update yesterday. When I open either app it just shows me my background image. If I press the start button, nothing happens, if I press back it goes to the previously opened app, if I press anywhere else on the screen it opens whatever icon happens to be below my finger. quite annoying.

Valtheus

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
That's a weird behavior indeed.

I just installed the latest outlook and calendar update. Now calendar app doesn't crash. But i see they have removed the month view.

Also i am still getting error in motion data update and keeps updating Photos plug-in over and over again.

Long Syntax

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I've tried to remove the Insider Hub and it looks as though it was successfully removed - that is until I restart the phone, then it's back. Anyone successfully removed it and had it stay that way after restart?

benoitgphoto

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
If you go in Extra settings and then tap on motion data, nothing is showing up. Firing up Microsoft Health does not give the option to use phone motion data as it used to do. And finally, like you, it is listed in stores updates with the error message. When I went from 10581 to 10586, I have done a hard reset right after the upgrade.

Ok...I have a few possibilities that can explain why motion data is broken. I hard reset the phone again and it did not fix it.
Here is what I have done to fix it:
1. I reverted back to 8.1
2. Once on 8.1, I let all the apps to update.
3. I installed Windows Insider and upgraded to 10 build 10586.11
4. I then let all the apps to upgrade before doing anything else.
5. I still haven't hard reset and the OS is buttery smooth on my 640XL.

So I think, once upgraded to 10, you have to let the phone sit for a while. I believe there are migration tasks going in the background. The first time, when the phone booted, I hard reset right away so I believe the hard reset occured before those migration tasks finished so the motion data broke. Other possibility is this is a bug upgrading from 10581 to 10586 so you have to revert back to 8.1 to upgrade properly...just my guess

aravindhghosh

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
My Lumia 730 is not connecting to my pc on this build 10586 and its says Windows Don't recognized this devices on my laptop. In my desktop its says it Driver coudn't install. My laptop running Windows 8.1 and My desktop runninjg Windows 7.

Vipin Khanna

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I download this build on my lumia 640 XL. This is awesome build till now. To download this build now i can say that microsoft is moving in right direction & they are doing something unique. Awesome build. Guys must download this build without any thread. Believe me.

Costin Dabu

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
How is the battery for you so far?
On my lumia 730 it's really bad on 10586. With cellular data on it dies in 6-7 hours with very low usage.
Previous build was much, much better.

Dueydoodah

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I, too, am seeing poor battery life compared to 10581. I was very disappointed to see this starting al over again. I have not hard reset the phone, though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb