Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

aravindhghosh

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
My lumia 730 is not recognized by pc in build 10581 and now remains it on build 10586. My desktop and laptop are recognizing it it both says "Windows can't recognized this device".
I tried soft/hard reset, uninstalling drivers but no one of them solved.

It was worked fine in build 10536, and it connected to pc. After upgrade of Build 10581 i tried a reset and when I connected to the computer its says Windows can't recognized. And newer build remains the same problem in 10586. Till now my phone is not connecting to pc.

Any solution for this Friends pls help I'm tired of asking?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
My lumia 730 is not recognized by pc in build 10581 and now remains it on build 10586. My desktop and laptop are recognizing it it both says "Windows can't recognized this device".
I tried soft/hard reset, uninstalling drivers but no one of them solved.

It was worked fine in build 10536, and it connected to pc. After upgrade of Build 10581 i tried a reset and when I connected to the computer its says Windows can't recognized. And newer build remains the same problem in 10586. Till now my phone is not connecting to pc.

Any solution for this Friends pls help I'm tired of asking?

Use search forum function, other have resolved that iussue

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Weird notification issue. I get sound notifications if my phone is unlocked. However, if my phone is locked I get no sound notifications except for when somebody calls me. I've done a soft reset, hard reset, and a factory reset back to 8.1 and then up the latest build. Anybody else having this issue?

Antonio Muriyadan

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
RTM? I think not. The swear words are automatically censored. ****!

Ok, so here's how the fast ring screwed me over. I was on the slow ring on my Lumia 520, my daily driver. But as you know, the slow ring has been stuck on 10166 for ages now. It was working ok but I was getting frustrated by the loading/resuming screens and clearly it was playing on my patience. Every time I looked online a new build would come on to the fast ring 240,536, 572 or whatever. The bugs seemed to be getting fixed. The battery life was being improved and the builds were getting faster. Yet none of them were making the slow ring. So when 581 came out (It cleared the bug of having to go back to 8.1 I think) I jumped ship to the fast ring. The first installation, I got ****ed by the dropbox app which didn't uninstall properly(I removed it while making space for the update, didn't use it anyway), and the update kept giving me an error because of it during that annoying preparing to install time. I had to reset the phone and that somehow it went to ****. Ended up with a win10 with no phone app, no messaging app, no store app!! Had to go back to 8.1. (******* dropbox!) Anyway updated to 10581. Working ok. Still a bit slow but much faster than 10166. Liked the new lock screen thing where only the date went up(even that wasn't there on 166). But there was a bug in the storage app which had me worried. Couple of days later 10586.11 comes up. Installs fine, storage app issue is fixed. Overall the performance was very good. Pretty close to the finished product. 2 days, no problem. Battery life significantly improved. But then, some device hub BS popped up, asked for a restart. The notification wouldn't go away nor would it respond when I tapped it. So I switched off the phone, switched it on again and voila boot-loop! ******* hell man. Hard reset won't work, don't even try it if it happens to you. Recovery tool-back to 8.1. I'm staying here on 8.1 for now. Tbh, kind of forgot that 8.1 was pretty damn good. I'm not complaining per se. I read the changelog, knew there's a bug. But in my defense l, it did say that the bug hit if you had reset your phone in 581 and it also said that the bug showed up at installation. So I'm just saying none of those applied in my case, it installed fine, worked beautifully for 2 days and then died. So just a disclaimer to people downloading/downloaded the build, don't switch off your phone :p.
About this build being RTM, yes, it did look like it but with a bug like this, I'm not sure.
PS: This site is a bloody horrible experience on WP.

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Hard-reset, not s sure though.

Sent from mTalk

Thanks, but i figured it out. uninstall windows insider, restart, recheck for updates, viola!
Win 10 on 640XL. But i got problems.

Everything works fine except important things. Contacts and Messaging is not working.
1. I get the message and a notification, but in Messaging, there is nothing.
2. No contacts appear, even though i have my live account in "Accounts"

Abram Cardoza

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
After install, my Lumia ICON just reboots over and over again. Even after battery drain and recharge, still just rebooting. Anyone know how to kill this endless loop?

Ben Schmidt1

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
After install, my Lumia ICON just reboots over and over again. Even after battery drain and recharge, still just rebooting. Anyone know how to kill this endless loop?

Hard reset:

Press and hold the Volume down button and Power button buttons at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 10–15 seconds).

When you feel the vibration, release the buttons, and then immediately press and hold the Volume down button until you see a large exclamation mark.

Once the exclamation mark appears, press the following four buttons in this order: Volume up button, Volume down button, Power button, Volume down button . Your phone should now reset and restart itself. (It might take a while for the reset to finish.)

Alstein deCruz

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Nope. It has been more than 24 hours now. Can see all of them on my outlook though.

I think I found a solution. Go to messaging settings turn off your sync messages btw devices. Switch off your wifi and mobile data. Turn on the sync and choose any time. Switch your wifi back on and Then open your messaging app and let it run in the background.

Long Syntax

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Have you read the official release notes on this build? This is a known bug and gabe said there is no way to remove it from the Apps List, or to get the Insider App working.

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day for the snark (end sarcasm).

Gade did not say there was no way to remove it, only that there was no way to "get it back". From the release notes:

There is a known issue where the tile for Insider Hub still remains under All apps but doesn?t open. Insider Hub isn?t included in this build. There isn?t a way to get it back unfortunately. However, it?ll return in a future flight! In the meantime, use Insider Hub on the PC as a workaround.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
it went better than expected on my 928 from 8.1 denim to 10, same as it was from 8.0 to 8.1 just this time I feel the same as on pc, there are bugs and crashes, maps crashes as soon as I open it, and offline maps shows "we cant get to your offline maps, try later" so it might be corrupted, anyone know how to fix it?

karhill

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Running 10586 on a 1520. Have performed a hard-reset after upgrading to 10586.
Issues:
1) Outlook mail and calendar are buggy.
2) Creating a new email: can not populate the To: line with entries from contacts. This makes sending email problematic.
3) Calendar supports html in item description (finally! Not even outlook 2016 on the desktop supports this), but the html gets corrupted if you attempt to edit the calendar item.

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Okay, here's my status:

Lumia 1520, updated from 10581 to 10586
Had done a hard reset, so had to use keys to break the loop
My 1520 is working better, but still can't connect to laptop via USB
Hey Cortana doesn't do anything when I click on it in Extras
Had to reconfigure everything in my Band 2, but it's working now
Can't get phone to see the ringtones I downloaded from Onedrive

This one seems soooo close!!!

Hi

In regards to not being able to connect to laptop, I and forum member "WallOfShame" also had that problem (I think the problem may have occurred from doing the hard reset immediately following the upgrade to 10581) - see this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...0-build-10586-via-usb-how-do-i-downgrade.html

A number of suggestions were made in that thread. We both fixed the problem by using Nokia Software Updater 4.3.2 - however, it does take your phone back to Windows 8, so you would need to re-upgrade to build 10586.

In regards to the ringtones you downloaded from your OneDrive, I think that they need to go specifically into the "Ringtones" folder on the phone. If you manage to get your phone to reconnect with your laptop, that should be a simple task then to do via Windows Explorer. Once I was able to reconnect my phone to laptop (and after re-upgrading my phone to 10586) I copied my ringtone files from OneDrive to the "Ringtones" folder on the phone via Windows Explorer, and they show in the list of tones I can use for ringtones, notification tones and SMS message tones.

:grin:

Regards.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa