Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

Norman Marshall

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
wp_ss_20151120_0001.png
wp_ss_20151120_0002.png
I can't get 13 system apps to update. This is after a hard reset as well :eck:
What can i do? Is there any solution to the 0x803f8006 update error?

Last edited:

NoogMan9605

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 116996
View attachment 116997
I can't get 13 system apps to update. This is after a hard reset as well :eck:
What can i do? Is there any solution to the 0x803f8006 update error?

I'm having the same problem as well....been almost 2 days and no change. I've canceled them, rebooted, soft boot, normal boot, no less than 100 times....nothing works.

Also, trying to UNINSTALL microsoft news, NFL mobile, etc, it doesn't fully uninstall from App list. They are simply greyed out after I uninstall them. Even tried RE-INSTALLING them, and uninstalling from the "storage" option in settings......they are still there greyed out.

Chart8006

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
My 925 did the same thing but eventually after more updating activity and reboots it sorted itself out. Good luck. PS. No mobile hotspot on my 925 on ATT.

VSparxx

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, just wanted to ask how's the dialer for everyone, especially older Snapdragon S4 phones, as on my Lumia 920 it lags badly whenever I try to dial someone, while on a friend's 640 it's working like a charm.
Is it only for me like that ? As I can't recall someone complaining about this, beginning to think it's on my device only ))

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Me too :unhappy:

• In Email app when I force sync the message says: Having a problem syncing to dub404-m.hotmail.com at the moment. Error 0x86000c0a.
    I have no emails showing.
  • Calendar app opens, but no events show.
  • People app shows no contacts!
I too am getting the 0x86000c0a error code. I've been having the Contacts and Email syncing issue for about a date now. It's frustrating.

skynet1511

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem as well....been almost 2 days and no change. I've canceled them, rebooted, soft boot, normal boot, no less than 100 times....nothing works.

Also, trying to UNINSTALL microsoft news, NFL mobile, etc, it doesn't fully uninstall from App list. They are simply greyed out after I uninstall them. Even tried RE-INSTALLING them, and uninstalling from the "storage" option in settings......they are still there greyed out.

Hi,
I had your same issue and i solved in this way:

1. Hard Reset (yes.. once again) the phone.
2. As soon as you finish to set up the OS and you get for the first time to the Start Screen, immediately open the store and set it to NOT install automatically the updates.
3. Don't touch the phone for a few minutes so he finishes to do all its post-setup stuff. Also leave all the options to their default, customize the phone later.
4. Go to the store and manyually search for updates. You will get something like 30 updates
5. Now install the updates manually ONE BY ONE (i know, it is boring and it takes more than one hour... and this should be the RTM version.... booo). I started with the core apps, like glance, extra and info, display and so on.. then i moved to the default windows apps such as messages, phone, mail and calendar ecc.., and at the end the rest like MSN news, Weather, etc..
** Don't update the Store and don't install two apps at the same time, neither tap on "update all". Always one after one **
6. After this first round, i turned off the phone and restarted, so i opened the Store again and searched for updates. This time i got a new group of updates, around 19.
7. Again, install them one by one. When you have finished, now you can finally update the Store.

This is the procedure i did (after many attempts to find a good workaround, and three hard resets). Don't know if the reboot is necessary or leaving the Store update at the end (or installing it as first) make sense, but i did exactly as described above, and i got all the apps installed with no errors.

Actually my phone is running pretty well (anyway light years far from the stability of 8.1...), all the apps are up to date and no pending ones in the Store.
I noticed that the battery seems to last much longer, I am happy with that.
Unfortunately i am very disappointed about the instability of all the core apps (messages/Skype, and phone settings above all), as well as all previous bugs that have not been addressed.... And if this is really be the RTM... mhmhm we will laugh a lot in December when they will release the new Lumias and they will crash every second. My phone keep crashing every time I tap on "Limit data in background" or when in roaming.
Also, Settings always crashes when I want to change the third slot of the quick actions. It always worked fine until the build of September, but since the last two builds I have this issue.
The workaround i found is:
1. tap the second slot
2. assign to it the same action that is actually in the third one (so the third will switch to the second and viceversa)
3. tap once again the second slot and assign a new action different from the one that by default was in the 3rd slot (it should be the phone orientation).
4. now go to the 3rd slot and you can change it without any crash.

It is pretty absurd and risky that this is gonna be the final build that in December we will see on new Lumias. There are still hundred of bugs and constant crashes that need to be addressed and fully tested! This OS is still pretty far from being a RTM. Really!
My memory goes back to Windows 95, when MS decided to release it when it was still in beta. They knew but for commercial purposes they had to put in on the marked. But, compared to this Windows Mobile, it was much more stable and complete.
Windows 10 Mobile does not lack only on the stability side. There are still too many incongruences in the GUI, still some core apps belongs to the old Windows 8.1 (for instance, all the apps in the Extra menu)....
Honestly all my hopes started to fall with the 10581, when most of the old bugs were still there. But now, after this last build acclaimed to be the final one..... i am really hopeless..

.. I just wish not to be obliged to switch to Android in a not so far future...

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I too am getting the 0x86000c0a error code. I've been having the Contacts and Email syncing issue for about a date now. It's frustrating.

Mine resolved itself overnight. I switched the phone off when I went to bed, and when I switched it on this morning Contacts were just there, as were my emails and calendar events. Perhaps a server problem on Microsoft's end?

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Long Syntax said:
Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day for the snark (end sarcasm).

Gade did not say there was no way to remove it, only that there was no way to "get it back". From the release notes:

No problem mate :) But seriously, the release note was quite clear to me (as we already had the same issue on 10581) :
a) Gabe says the build DOESN'T contain Insider Hub
b) AND that it will remain/appear in the app list.

So as a conclusion : it can't be removed (nor used), which was your question.

Anyway, you now have your answer: nothing that you can do about Insider App, we're all in the same case. I've just removed it from the start screen.

glossywhite

Banned
Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, but i figured it out. uninstall windows insider, restart, recheck for updates, viola!
Win 10 on 640XL. But i got problems.

Everything works fine except important things. Contacts and Messaging is not working.
1. I get the message and a notification, but in Messaging, there is nothing.
2. No contacts appear, even though i have my live account in "Accounts"

"Viola"? Give us a tune then!

Playing_viola.jpg

glossywhite

Banned
Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
As you can read in my prev post, I fixed all the errors reinstalling manually one by one the apps after a hard reset.
More details in my post #512

I can't see many people, me included, wanting to do that. That is not addressing the root of the problem, it's more a "band aid" to temporarily work around the licencing errors (what the cause is). Furthermore, because it has worked for you does not mean it is guaranteed to work for all; I've tried that, and I also tried the proxy server hack using "Fiddler", and a LOT more tricks besides - none of them work. I'll bide my time, I have a LOT of patience to wait for a proper fix, but thank you anyway.

Tim Stone

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
This can't be RTM ...

I did the download. Then I did a hard reboot. I did NOT restore a backup. This was all fresh. Then I tried updating the Store apps. Thereafter came two soft reboots. So here are the immediate problems:

1) STORE: 13 items are trying to update in the store. They claim there is an update available. However, every single one gets an error. Many have no tile or title. For the ones that do, most are not even showing as installed. Previous to the hard reset, I only had 1. Now I have 13. Soft reboots do not fix the problem. This is the worst I've encountered from the Store in many upgrades.

2) BATTERY: The nonsense with the store took about 30 minutes as I tried several times. Using only that process and absolutely nothing else running, on my Lumia Icon the battery depleted 41%. In the past week, prior to the hard update, I've noted a little use of the camera, and essentially no other apps, rapidly drains the battery.

3) Never Never Land: Sometimes when trying to start an app, or exiting one, the phone goes black for 15 to 30 seconds. There is no consistency ... it just appears to have a "I'm tired, sleepy time" attitude.

4) Visual Voice Mail: Though it was claimed to be fixed in the previous version, Visual Voice Mail on the Icon ( Verizon ) still does not work. The store shows an Update Available but it errors ( 1 of the 13 ).

5) In the Store, pressing X to delete the update closes the store instead. These are updates that had an error.

This phone has an absolute minimum of apps installed. Only one not installed automatically with the reset has been added. There absolutely needs to be a way to clean up this store problem.

And that is only the beginning ... battery drained so fast it needs to recharge before I can test further. Sorry, MSFT, but you won't win any new fans with this many very basic problems. Of course, I have reported all of these errors in the past on the Feedback app.

glossywhite

Banned
Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
This can't be RTM ...

I did the download. Then I did a hard reboot. I did NOT restore a backup. This was all fresh. Then I tried updating the Store apps. Thereafter came two soft reboots. So here are the immediate problems:

1) STORE: 13 items are trying to update in the store. They claim there is an update available. However, every single one gets an error. Many have no tile or title. For the ones that do, most are not even showing as installed. Previous to the hard reset, I only had 1. Now I have 13. Soft reboots do not fix the problem. This is the worst I've encountered from the Store in many upgrades.

2) BATTERY: The nonsense with the store took about 30 minutes as I tried several times. Using only that process and absolutely nothing else running, on my Lumia Icon the battery depleted 41%. In the past week, prior to the hard update, I've noted a little use of the camera, and essentially no other apps, rapidly drains the battery.

3) Never Never Land: Sometimes when trying to start an app, or exiting one, the phone goes black for 15 to 30 seconds. There is no consistency ... it just appears to have a "I'm tired, sleepy time" attitude.

4) Visual Voice Mail: Though it was claimed to be fixed in the previous version, Visual Voice Mail on the Icon ( Verizon ) still does not work. The store shows an Update Available but it errors ( 1 of the 13 ).

5) In the Store, pressing X to delete the update closes the store instead. These are updates that had an error.

This phone has an absolute minimum of apps installed. Only one not installed automatically with the reset has been added. There absolutely needs to be a way to clean up this store problem.

And that is only the beginning ... battery drained so fast it needs to recharge before I can test further. Sorry, MSFT, but you won't win any new fans with this many very basic problems. Of course, I have reported all of these errors in the past on the Feedback app.

There's absolutely LESS than ZERO chance this would make RTM in this shoddy state; you can quote me on this, literally, and if I'm wrong? Oh well :)

Tim Stone

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately you can't reinstall apps manually that you don't have on the phone ! I have 13 showing as update available, and all fail with an error code. Some have no name, others are not installed on the phone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro