Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

skynet1511

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
There's absolutely LESS than ZERO chance this would make RTM in this shoddy state; you can quote me on this, literally, and if I'm wrong? Oh well :)

Yes I agree. And looking at the amount of still open bugs, and the (low) speed they are addressing them, I would say that we wont see stable release in December, neither in January... Maybe by April or May we will get a decent and stable build.
Still too many issues everywhere, from the OS to the core apps. Then they have to test - and this cannot be done in just 2 days - then it will be released to manufacturers which will report other bugs, and again fixing/testing/deploying.
At lest 3-4 months before we see a system that could be called final.

glossywhite

Banned
Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Yes I agree. And looking at the amount of still open bugs, and the (low) speed they are addressing them, I would say that we wont see stable release in December, neither in January... Maybe by April or May we will get a decent and stable build.
Still too many issues everywhere, from the OS to the core apps. Then they have to test - and this cannot be done in just 2 days - then it will be released to manufacturers which will report other bugs, and again fixing/testing/deploying.
At lest 3-4 months before we see a system that could be called final.

Oh I don't know if I'd go that far into the future; I think a month or two and it will be sorted. I am always the realist, but also the optimist where I think it is warranted.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
This can't be RTM ...

This could be RTM (Release To Manufacturer) that does not mean it's the production release. That comprises of bundled firmware (+ possible software fixes) which does make a drastic difference on the overall experience. Without proper firmware bugs are expected, especially 2) and 3) in your comment, 1) and 4) could be as well.

Varm

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Finally I have no system apps bugs, no apps store bugs, no games crashing and bugs found at all in my LUMIA 520. Thanks GABE.!!!

congthanhgiong

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
anyone has a battery drain on Lumia 1020 ? somehow I can only use it half day (3g or wifi always on). It's been like that quite a few days, on 8.1 the battery is better. On the contrary, my 1320 battery is on par with 8.1, quite strange.

Michael_JL

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Previously installed 10586.11 on my L1520 and wife's L830 as upgrade....L830 absolutely no issues..fast, all apps work fine. L1520 went well also except for these minor issues: 1. Motion Data blank screen (a more important issue), 2. Windows Store update list shows a few "phantom" apps...no description or icon...and 1 or 2 would fail to install, 3. There was no button to "Call Voicemail" but I could call from speed dial. 4. Voicemail pin would not hold, had to enter it each time (except when selecting a voicemail in visual voicemail). A soft reset failed to change anything.
Today I performed a hard reset and did NOT restore from a backup and all issues were resolved except for the voicemail issues. Having to call Voicemail from speed dial is no big deal but it would be nice if the PIN would take...after dialing voicemail for the 1st time the window pops up for me to enter and confirm my PIN but I still have to enter it every time I call. I would say I'm extremely pleased with this build.

hack14u

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
This is the first build that has me going back to 8.1. I understand that firmware and software make a difference, but if this is what shipped with the 950, then the ship is sinking faster than I thought it could. My 640 locks up, gets non responsive to touches, and is just plain glitchy. Rebooting takes forever and sometimes locks up for 5 minutes with what appears to be a dark gray glowing screen before it finally shuts down. Errors galore updating apps, and Wi-Fi shuts off. I gave up after the 830 but decided to come back with the 640, because I really do believe that the platform could be awesome, but at this rate, especially missing yet another holiday season for MS spells certain doom.

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
This is the first build that has me going back to 8.1. I understand that firmware and software make a difference, but if this is what shipped with the 950, then the ship is sinking faster than I thought it could. My 640 locks up, gets non responsive to touches, and is just plain glitchy. Rebooting takes forever and sometimes locks up for 5 minutes with what appears to be a dark gray glowing screen before it finally shuts down. Errors galore updating apps, and Wi-Fi shuts off. I gave up after the 830 but decided to come back with the 640, because I really do believe that the platform could be awesome, but at this rate, especially missing yet another holiday season for MS spells certain doom.

I think u need a hard reset. Because build is pretty good so far on my lumia 640 XL

hack14u

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Ummm, yes, it's universal. That's like saying my G Flex 2 would be different that a "new" V10? Nope, if it's Android 5.x, it will behave the same, and if it's 6.0 it will behave the same. Win 10 "should" behave the same on ALL devices.

Suts97

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Guys, my groove music and weather icons are blank in the app list, what shall I do to get the icons back? Please help..thanks ☺

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
l, like many others here, had a number of apps failing to update after installing 10586 on my 920. 6 of them had blanks for the name. They refused to update or go away on cellular. But once I got back on WiFi, I tried installing them one at a time. Several of them completed immediately, although the blank ones were still stuck. I manually checked for updates again, and the ones that had completed came back and actually updated this time, and so did the blank ones. Checked for updates again and nothing shows up now.

My battery life while there were updates stuck was terrible. I'm hoping it improves now.

Federico Turban

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I believe Windows 10 Mobile it's going to actually be released in the next wave of updates for Windows 10 (Windows 10, Xbox One with Windows 10, etc.), so they can match the Build Number as they did this time.

Oh well, let's just continue watching this going on; overall, Lumia 950 is working fine, the Windows 10 Mobile Build have it installed is working pretty good on it, so, I don't know anything anymore with Windows 10 Mobile ��

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
The messages appeared after messaging app update later in the day.
I think the other bug happened because of running out of storage after install because the maps . I am refering to the lost contacts and sync loss with live account.
Battery consumption was also high, so hard resetting.

vinayakm

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
I have a peculiar issue after moving to Win 10 (581 & 586). None of the videos I have recorded have any audio. Used to work fine with 8.1. Anyone else facing this issue?

Vishal Kaushal

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Since we are running insider build on our phones and there is no firmware update provided by Microsoft for W10M ...will it damage our phone in any way( battery life wise etc). Or is it just fine to run it on quad core, 1 Gb ram phones?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss