Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

Arievl

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Previously installed 10586.11 on my L1520 and wife's L830 as upgrade....L830 absolutely no issues..fast, all apps work fine. L1520 went well also except for these minor issues: 1. Motion Data blank screen (a more important issue)
Is location turned on, on your phone? I noticed that when I have disabled location motion data shows nothing, but when I turn location on it (motion data app) shows the normal contents.

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Ummm, yes, it's universal. That's like saying my G Flex 2 would be different that a "new" V10? Nope, if it's Android 5.x, it will behave the same, and if it's 6.0 it will behave the same. Win 10 "should" behave the same on ALL devices.
There's more to it than meets the eye. Different phones have different hardware and as a result can act differently with the same software. On Android that's more rule than exception because of all the fragmentation with different OEM's and different processor technologies. Snapdragon, Mediatek, Samsungs chip Exynos. Software needs to be tailored to work on different architectures and as such of course different bugs can be seen on different phones with identical software.

On Windows Phone it's more universal because of much less fragmentation but that's still not the full truth. iOS is closest to what you are implying.

tbase

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
installed this build on a Lumia 520 from 581 and everything is running smoothly the storage issue is now fixed no more loading/resuming when switching apps. However i've should some issues that haven't been fixed yet....
? the lock screen is still buggy takes a sec or two to show the date n time
? Mobile hotspot disconnects any device connected to the phone when the screen times out
? When you want turn on restrict background data the settings app will crash

Win10all

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
640 xl dual sim from 581 upgraded to 586, then after hard reset , it seams fixed some small issues, but I still get download err from the store: unable to download the following apps: network services, lumia story teller, motion data, transfer my date, extra & info, and the err message is 0x803F8006. anyone else has download issues from the store?

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
640 xl dual sim from 581 upgraded to 586, then after hard reset , it seams fixed some small issues, but I still get download err from the store: unable to download the following apps: network services, lumia story teller, motion data, transfer my date, extra & info, and the err message is 0x803F8006. anyone else has download issues from the store?

Wait for about 6 hours, reboot your phone, then try again. For some reason, the updates will only complete properly after the OS has been in use for a few hours.

Woestynkat

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site

Yup... this is me too. Lumia 640 (not 640XL) having same problem with updating those apps and same error code. Tried soft reset, tried hard reset, tried upgrade from previous release and tried with Device Recovery to factory install first. Also tried with apps on SD, tried apps on Device, all the usual but I still am unable to update 11 apps (few others name stays blank). Out of options, ideas and patience. Screenshot below:
jAPTFbx.png

coja77

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Installed yesterday Build 10586.11, phone Lumia 1520.
I was sceptic but I have to say Well done Microsoft, great job!
I had one particular problem, after update from 8.1 could not unlock the phone (was PIN protected) because there was no numbers when asking for pin LOL. But after hard reset (was going to do anyway), the phone works just as it should be, perfect, even compared to speedy 8.1. I had none problems mentioned on previous posts, apps all updated, no overheating, no battery draining, so far so good. Battery consumption as far as I could notice is as it was in 8.1.
After hard reset I have also HERE Drive+ and HERE Maps, and was able to download Lumia Panorama which works as in 8.1.
Overall very satisfied with Windows 10. Great job MS.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Woestynkat said:
Yup... this is me too. Lumia 640 (not 640XL) having same problem with updating those apps and same error code. Tried soft reset, tried hard reset, tried upgrade from previous release and tried with Device Recovery to factory install first. Also tried with apps on SD, tried apps on Device, all the usual but I still am unable to update 11 apps (few others name stays blank). Out of options, ideas and patience. Screenshot below:
View attachment 117088

Already said many times, but again :
This is a store issue, server-side, for Lumia licenced apps. Gabriel Aul said, since Wednesday, that the Store team is on it.

It seems to be fixed device by device. 1520, 930 (not Icon), 830 seem now OK. It means: suddenly these apps will update correctly.

Everything you'll read (do a soft reset, hard reset, install and move to SD card, turn 3 times on yourself, turn off the device for 2*pi hours, etc.) is PURE SUPERSTITION.

I confirm, this morning : 11 apps pending on my 640 and on my 535 as well.

These apps are not updating but they work; and new updates (messaging etc) are not blocked by this queue, so it's purely an aesthetic issue at this stage.

So just wait & see ;)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Compared to previous build, i noticed some slight lags and occasional app crashes and some dropped frames on this build. Currently using L535 and the last build seemed more stable than now... Settings app is a bit sluggish, and swiping from Start and app list is somewhat hard.

Mr Kaja

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
May I ask - how does SMS delivery report work? Is it still same like in WP8.1 (separe message) or there is some indicator in conversation? Thx.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
May I ask - how does SMS delivery report work? Is it still same like in WP8.1 (separe message) or there is some indicator in conversation? Thx.

The same. You can mute the "mobile operator" thread though, like in 8.1

We had, on the previous build, a "chat" mode, but this has disappeared from settings in this build.

I guess the new delivery report (if any) will return with new Insider builds (redstone branch).

But not on RTM.

lDonovanl

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I installed the new build 10586 on my Lumia devices but only the Nokia Lumia 930 give me a new split screen conversation in the Messaging App. This new version allows us to switch faster between conversations.

In portrait mode, you will have a vertical column with circles of profile.

wp_ss_20151120_0007.jpg

And in landscape mode, you will have the detailed version of the vertical column with circles of profile but with more informations (name, phone number, and a preview of the message).

wp_ss_20151120_0008 copy.png

Does anyone have this new split screen conversation other than a Nokia Lumia 930?

skynet1511

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Compared to previous build, i noticed some slight lags and occasional app crashes and some dropped frames on this build. Currently using L535 and the last build seemed more stable than now... Settings app is a bit sluggish, and swiping from Start and app list is somewhat hard.

I quote, build 10581 was on my 925 much more stable, fast and less bugged.
With 10586 instead i got longer battery life than previous build. This is good. But it is the only good improvement i saw. All the rest is regression...

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
lDonovanl said:
Hi everyone,

I installed the new build 10586 on my Lumia devices but only the Nokia Lumia 930 give me a new split screen conversation in the Messaging App. This new version allows us to switch faster between conversations.

In portrait mode, you will have a vertical column with circles of profile.

And in landscape mode, you will have the detailed version of the vertical column with circles of profile but with more informations (name, phone number, and a preview of the message).

Does anyone have this new split screen conversation other than a Nokia Lumia 930?

It has been there for weeks. For 5" or less screens, you won't have that out of the box. You need to go to settings, system, display, and change the DPI (reduce it). If not, no thumbnails in portrait mode; in landscape, only thumbnails (pictures) of contacts on the left, but not preview.

Nam Long

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Groove music problem . Since updating to 10586.11 , with groove at 3.6.1537.0 , it suddenly stopped playing and i could press anything but nothing happened . Anyone encounter this or should i do another hard reset ?

DeCarvalho83

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Sad that the touch of my Lumia 820 stopped to work after upgrading to windows 10 m, i did hard reset and nothing.. tried to rollback to WP8.1 and nothing :/ it just stopped to work

Joyson joy

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone tried updating over mobile data from build 10581?
Mine kept on stucked at 0% and sometimes giving the error "your data is roaming" even though I'm not in roaming and also my settings allow data to roam

auron74

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
The las three builds, including this one, I am experiencingserious issues with audio over Bluetooth when making a hands-free phone call. Ihave a Lumia 930 and it is connected to an Amundsen system of Skoda. Thehardware is the most common used for Volkswagen.
When the one I am calling picks up the phone, the audio isvery jittery. It takes up to one minute before the audio is normal. This is notfunctional. I found some others (Windows Feedback) experiencing the same issue,also with other car brands.
With Windows Phone 8.1 everything is working flawlessly.With Windows 10 Mobile being on short term, I am worried that the issue willnot be solved with the official release.
If Microsoft want Windows 10 Mobile the OS for businessphones at least the basic functionality should work flawlessly.

Attachments

• bluetooth.png
    bluetooth.png
    541.8 KB · Views: 7

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos