Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Need solve an issue. Installed 10586. Everything ok. Decided to reset. Made a backup and hard rested. After reset can't sync programs, settings, contacts and etc. Connected Microsoft account but it is like empty. Any ideas?

I had a similar issue I had to sign out of my Microsoft account and then resign in and sync on pc and mobile and it finally came to life , mainly OneDrive is the KY one you need to sign out and back in.

Moolelo

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
PLEASE, PLEASE, stop giving up after an hour or a day and falling back to 8.1. Upgraded Lumia 640 to this build from 8.1, then did hard reset (there are issues with direct upgrade still). Then I had almost every issue mentioned so far. 24 hours later, almost anything server side was fixed; all my SMS came down, MMS settings fixed, Skype and SMS merged properly with all my contacts coming down, Social apps/integration fixed itself, motion data works, notifications only come once and on time, tones are setting to what I change them to, the list goes on and on. Yes I started with almost all the issues mentioned here, and tried to use the forum and this thread to fix them. Some worked, but most I decided to leave alone and viola they fixed themselves (probably server side or system maintenance). The only issue remaining is the update of system apps, but Gabe Aul has side they are going device by device to fix that still. Other than that this is faster, smoother, and more functional than my 8.1 install (this is opinion of course). Battery life also has lasted longer now that all the issues have aligned themselves.
I'm not telling everyone they are wrong, or that there still won't be issues, but I think time for the server side and system maintenance to clean itself up is due before we start jumping ship and claiming "Windows 10 mobile will never be ready!"

EDIT: I do still have 3rd party app issues. LinkedIn, Run+, Twitter seem to not work with my Hawaiian regional settings (work fine with US regular)! Seriously...this is 2015 get with the program, not everyone is English only American citizens from the west coast. Also the twitter app needs a seriously makeover to match desktop.

Ask Sonnie

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
1520 user here, and has been using the latest build for 4 days.

Unless I find a fix, I will revert back to 8.1 for the 2 reasons:

1. Battery life- My 1520 runs out of gas after 2 hours of heavy use and 4 hours of normal use. I have turned off most back ground apps already, except cortana, messenger, and mail.

2. Photography- Lumia Camera is working but laggy; Lumia Camera Beta and Windows Camera are both buggy and laggy, rich capture edit not working and freezes. Some 3rd party editing apps don't work, and occasionally crashes when sharing to Facebook and 6 Tag.

Text, Call and Browsing are all fine. Maybe after 1 or 2 builds, the issues above will be resolved.

If you experienced the same and found a fix, please let me know. Thanks

EDIT: By the way, I upgraded from 8.1. I performed both hard and soft resets, and the two issues were not resolved.

Last edited:

Peeteris

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
I gave up, because W10M made my lumia 640 heat up very badly and I was concerned, that this hot damages my phone.
Seems like it really damaged it, because after returning to W8.1 using Windows Device Recovery Tool, system and animations are not as fast and fluid as they were before and phone itself is warm now even when just browsing the net.

Ask Sonnie

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Seems like it really damaged it, because after returning to W8.1 using Windows Device Recovery Tool, system and animations are not as fast and fluid as they were before and phone itself is warm now even when just browsing the net.

Try performing the roll back again. I experience the same thing but the issues were resolved after I reinstalled the software again (hard reset did not fix it).

indospot

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I don't know about you guys, but my Lumia 640 lasted about 33 hours with low-to-moderate usage, which is pretty freaking great. Other than that, the OS is working really well aside from the app updates that refuse to install, but with this being a server-side issue, I'd say this is pretty much perfect, really.

lumia640xlunlocked

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 640 XL unlocked

5 major issues in build 10586

1. Images aren't working in email. Even though all settings are set to download and display images.
2. Contact's images aren't matching the contact for most of the contacts
3. Same download error for Extras & Info, HERE Maps, Network services, touch.
-- Error 0x803F8006
4. Several MS apps crash (marketplace, skype, etc.)
5. OS Slow to respond

Yay :cry:

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
1. Battery life- My 1520 runs out of gas after 2 hours of heavy use and 4 hours of normal use.

Thank you, that's exactly the information I was looking for. Now I know for sure that I absolutely don't want to upgrade until w10 actually gets optimized properly for the 1520, I don't care how long it takes.

Ackhmed

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
After a few more daily use, I noticed this on my 930. From lock screen, you press the shutter to take picture, when you're done, there's a slight delay when returning to lock screen. Not a big issue I would say, but a fix is always welcomed.

gavino96

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I still have issues with the storage settings. If I do not have a a microSD card in my phone, storage will identify phone memory. But once microSD card is installed, phone memory disappears and the phone immediately begins to install new apps to microSD card as well as download photos or documents directly to card. In some cases, apps that are required to be installed in phone memory will not install or update correctly. I have tried using different microSD cards but the results are all the same.

mrzetz_me

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
I am using 630. I have issue that my phone did restart several times. What should i do? Do i have to reset my phone? It appears after upgraded to buil 10586

lumia730

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
For the below error move the apps from SD card to Phone memory and then update.

Same download error for Extras & Info, HERE Maps, Network services, touch.
-- Error 0x803F8006

lumia730

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site

-- Error 0x803F8006

lumia730

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site

-- Error 0x803F8006

rajthilak

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I feel my phone is like an android!!!! Reasons as below..........

App crash is frequent
Phone app is slow. Cant dial the number . Every key press is taking longer time(since it is sorting the phone numbers available in the phone and bringing it to screen)
Phone app is slow. Cant go to dialled numbers faster. It takes time and half the time the app crashes.
Zoom not working all the time. zooming in screen in photo or in Edge is not working as expected. I felt like unresponsive UI in slower androids.
Keyboard not good. The swipe in wp8.1 exactly types what i want to and that is missing in this 10586. So i mostly started using regular typing instead of swipe. Felt like back in stone age.
Cortana is now working.(I m in India) Cortana is going on and on and on.... if i search anything or give any command. It is not as expected. So i close the app, go to edge to do my relevent searches directly.

Positives,
Battery is stable.
Settings app is good and organised.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Updated from 10572 to 10586, lumia 1020, no prior hard reset and no hard reset afterwards.

Observations - update took an hour or so, can't gauge as I wasn't paying attention. No fast configuration update I think, maybe it installed without me knowing

Changes? I can't see any change actually.
  • Storage sense now works.
  • App update errors but I don't mind them. Extras and info can wait as well as the rest.
  • Lumia camera working? yes
  • Lumia creative studio working? - yes
  • Here maps working? yes

What's not working? Can't say for now

Issues/bugs -
  • there's an app update with no name that crashes store when you click on download. Leaving that as it doesn't matter
  • Groove music - if you played a song and then exited the app after stopping the song, on entering the app again, at the bottom a bar is displayed that shows the song with playback controls. This playback bar doesn't go away
  • New office documents save to onedrive by default - can't see a way to change that

that's it for now. Need a few days to report on battery

Sparkz7

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
A day since i installed wm10 in my 535... SO far no problems. Only store apps are not installing but apps i choose to install (3rd party) install and work well.

TrickyDee42

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Recently joined the insider program, installed the latest fast ring on my 925.

Seems pretty good, battery life about same, seems pretty quick and fluid.

Problems:
Occasional crash back to start screen when opening messages.
Can't change the quick actions 2 & 4, crashes back to start screen.
Cant stop vibration on key press, says it needs to restart, but never restarts.
No glance screen. glance screen option is there, but no options, just an empty page with title. (miss this most of all).
Background apps showing multiple entries for the same app.
Picture tiles sometimes dead until app opened.

Any advice, hard reset performed twice, first time allowed restore, second time did all from fresh, same problems both times.

Can't see this being ready for a general roll out, general public get all these problems from update, and WP is dead, it will never recover from the bad press, and lets face it the world if full of folks waiting for MS to fail.

Anyone?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss