Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

wisedesi

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
There might be few nagging issue on 1520 such as , no way to add favorite pictures in the photo tile, but way too many goods such as split view on the outlook, inline reply for message , new navigation app ... to revert back to 1520. Batter works on on my 1520, Probably 10% more drainage but last me all day. Upgraded from 8.1

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
My 1520 lasts a day and half with wifi off and intensive data/email usage running 10586.

I am willing to be those with battery drain issues have app updates that are stuck or something else running.

My suggestion is to get your device exactly as you like it using 8.1. Ensure all updates are done. If you just reverted to 8.1, give it a few days to make sure all apps update (the store is slow). Do a backup. Then, load the Windows Insider app, choose fast ring and upgrade. It will take a day or two to get all apps sorted out again. Some apps may not be able to be updated, so make sure you cancel the updates from the store.

Thanks for the info but I'm not taking any chances right now.

Aria N

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
My L640 was getting warm when it was connected to the internet. Even loading a page in Edge or surfing 6tag used to make it warm.
At first I upgraded from 10581, did a hard reset looking for any difference (mostly because of errors in downloading apps). nothing happened and it was hot most of the time and battery draining was another issue.
Now I reverted back to 8.1 and installed 10586 again. I dont know whether it`s placebo effect or what. But it is cooler and battery`s behavior is more or less on par with 8.1.

indospot

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
On a sad note, it seems that I still can't cast over DLNA. It used to work with Tubecast, but now even that is broken, even though it detects the display, nothing shows up on it. Lumia Play To also used to work, but it's unavailable in the Store, so I have no way to cast anything :( I hope they fix it, maybe it needs new firmware or something.

Tim Stone

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Here is another significant issue I find with my Icon. With 8.1 pictures were awesome, and instantaneous. WithWin 10, there is a significant delay before it actually takes the photo. It is no longer my point and shoot device. I see a great picture, press the button, and the subject moves before it actually responds. Example: A really cute, full face pose, push the button, the kid has time to turn completely sideways, and then the shot clicks with a blurred photo. That NEVER happened with Lumia Camera and 8.1. The photos with that software were so good people compared them to DLR cameras, and the Lumia's won. Now, maybe 10% of the photos are even saveable. Also, sometimes the camera button simply does not take the picture. I go back later to view the photos, and half never were taken or saved !

vipul W

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Actually my phone is functioning well except for the fact that USB recognition fails each time. I can reach up to my settings options and go for a reset, in fact I tried it several times.

The Problem I am facing is that,

- I cant move back to Windows 8 as USB recognition fails and recovery tool doesn't recognize my device

- Secondly, the recent 1058.11 build fails to install ( flashes some error code)

Thanks for ur reply.
Pls let me know if you think I should try.

glossywhite

Banned
Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Having been on 10581 then 10586.11 for a couple of weeks and having had various annoyances, I reverted/restored back to 8.1 GDR2, overnight, and I shall say this: My 640 XL is like a new phone all over again, FINALLY it's working perfectly - the best it's EVER been. I'm not so sure I'll be taking the deep dive into the final release of Windows 10 Phone when it is released. I like my phone to WORK, and this OS is rock solid stable! Having said all that, I truly enjoyed the experience of a more mature - but FAR from finished build of 10, but I shall stick to what I know for now. :D

fgaudet

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Here is another significant issue I find with my Icon. With 8.1 pictures were awesome, and instantaneous. WithWin 10, there is a significant delay before it actually takes the photo. It is no longer my point and shoot device. I see a great picture, press the button, and the subject moves before it actually responds. Example: A really cute, full face pose, push the button, the kid has time to turn completely sideways, and then the shot clicks with a blurred photo. That NEVER happened with Lumia Camera and 8.1. The photos with that software were so good people compared them to DLR cameras, and the Lumia's won. Now, maybe 10% of the photos are even saveable. Also, sometimes the camera button simply does not take the picture. I go back later to view the photos, and half never were taken or saved !

I had the same issue on a previous W10 build on my 830.
I have happily reverted to 8.1 since and will not go to W10 until I see all these issues resolved.
In the meantime, 8.1 is fast, fluid and stable, and everything works, including the camera.

glossywhite

Banned
Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue on a previous W10 build on my 830.
I have happily reverted to 8.1 since and will not go to W10 until I see all these issues resolved.
In the meantime, 8.1 is fast, fluid and stable, and everything works, including the camera.

You echo my sentiments to the letter.

richv77

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
It seems each day I have an update to the Microsoft Photos app. Has anyone else experienced this? The download and install successfully competes, so I am not sure why this is happening on my Lumia 830.

-Rich

awidy seiza

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Well the camera update received this morning fixed my Rich capture issue on the 640, apparently.

Only issue now is that Living images images are 4-5 MB big (as the video is embedded in the JPG). Photos doesn't seem to allow "share as an image/as a video" alternative as we used to have before.

Is the LENSES feature in windows camera works?
I watched review build 10586.11 from nokiapoweruser with L640xl and that's work as showing other photos app like Lumia selfie & refocus, mine not working although those app already installed. Mine Lumia 640

glossywhite

Banned
Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
I will tell you what's weird; all the "Rich Capture" photos I took whilst on 1058X builds, WILL NOT edit on 8.1 GDR2. When I tap "Edit Rich Capture" on the photo, using 8.1 GDR2, it just bounces me back to the start screen. I'd guess they have changed the way "Rich Capture" works between 8.1 and 1058X

awidy seiza

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone have the lenses menu in windows camera app works in this build??
I don't know why it's never work in my 640, it's just shows to download other app in store,although those app like Lumia selfie,refocus and other already installed.

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
OK so I'm trying out 8.1 on my 1520 for the first time since I bought it about a week ago now. I bought it to try out W10M since I've only used 8.x long ago so I knew what it is like. So now I have tested 10 for a little while and I like it.

I decided to downgrade to 8.1 to compare just a little bit. I knew it was more "limited", or stripped down one might say and when you compare them it's true. However 8.1 at the moment feels like a much more "complete" OS because it just feels that much more polished and consistent when using it. I love the consistency in 8.1! And to be honest I prefer some things from 8.1 than from 10. Like the animations when you open up the Store or People app, I've always loved that animation and design. True Metro design and it is perfected in Metrotube in my opinion. Windows 10 Mobile lacks that kind of personality and that consistency will be worse than it could because many apps will be in Metro design for quite a while still I belive. I don't know but 8.1 just feels more "thought out" in the design appartment, regarding overall design.

Another thing that hits you is the smoothness. It feels much smoother in operation, and it is. Instagram is less Choppy. Multitasking view is less choppy. Homescreen is less choppy when going back to it. And another thing I prefer that has to do with this sort of is the way the scrolling behaves in 8.1. When swiping away a list it for example it scrolls smoothly then slowly the speed decreases and all of a sudden there is this firm and noticeable stop. It doesn't seem to be there in 10. There's no sudded halt in the scrolling. It also feels more wonky in the scrolling. Sometimes my scrolls in 10 gets way more speed than they should. The scrolling just feels more inconsistent in its behavior. When keeping the finger on the screen and scrolling 8.1 is smoother too. In 10 it stutters faily much from time to time when doing that.

The last thing that hit me pretty fast is that 8.1 seems more power efficient. Still early to tell but the phone seems to have less drain. Not that I had bad battery in 10 it was good and lasted me a full day easily or even two if I didn't use it very much. Standby was also great. But 8.1 seems even better and has what I had come to expect before buying the phone judging by its battery.

Now I realize that W10M is not finished yet and it can be felt. However it has been shipped with new phones so MS seems to consider it RTM. I really do hope that they will improve battery life and smoothness in the next couple of builds though otherwise I might be really tempted to stay with 8.1.

awidy seiza

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
How to make it works?
Can U tell us,with screenshot on ur phone maybe,and is in 520 have rich capture works on windows camera app?because it's universal,and I know in previous Lumia camera app 520 doesn't have rich capture

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel