Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

Mustaq Hussain

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Installed it on my Lumia 720 my daily drive & it's fast, smooth, better battery life (not as good as WP 8.1) less buggy, Speech not working, unable to download offline maps.

wizake

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Another issue I noticed is when I go to Settings - Network & Wireless - Data usage - Edit and I try to change the combo "Restrict background data" or the switch "Restrict bkg data while roaming" the "app" crashes and I am taken back to home screen.
Anybody else experience that?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Another issue I noticed is when I go to Settings - Network & Wireless - Data usage - Edit and I try to change the combo "Restrict background data" or the switch "Restrict bkg data while roaming" the "app" crashes and I am taken back to home screen.

I experienced that in 10581 and 10586 too

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site

Yup, I too was experiencing the same issue but discovered a fix. The settings in Data Usage, like the data allowance setting etc., will work only when your mobile data is actually turned on. This way it works for me every time.

Leontes Henriquez

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Installed it on my daily phone (Lumia 930) and honestly: not that bad. In the past few hours I've only noticed a few issues and inconsistencies, but my overall experience is quite good. The only problem I have is heat and battery life: it dropped from 100% to 10% in only 4 hours and it got really really hot while listening to music.

Andrew Cool

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
I have been running it on my L1520 daily driver since 10581. Overall it has been quite good but i have noticed some things that have been happening over time.

1) The PIN entering screen is EXTREMELY sensitive. Just putting your finger near the screen or touching the first digit confirms up to 5 presses. It can sometimes take 3 tries before I am able to enter my PIN without issue. This never happened on 8.1.
2) I am having to restart the phone 1-2 times daily now as apps will either, not open or crash to a "resuming" page. Messaging is a big culprit as well as Cortana. Both crash to the startscreen constantly.
3) Battery life was amazing at first but now after using it for a few weeks i have noticed a huge drop in battery life. When it was installed i was able to get almost 3 days of use but now im lucky if i get a full day.

Overall a very solid build and the new menu structure and user interface is mile above 8.1. Im hoping that before they release it publicly in December that the OS is more polished. It definately has that tinge of not being finished.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Finally! On my 640XL all the apps that failed to update (e.g. Motion Data) all updated.

Still says Lumia Camera is not a supported app though.

jmagwp

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
So yesterday was the first time I've had a chance to try out Driving Mode on 10586.11, and it STILL doesn't work. So I guess Microsoft is shipping a "final" build with a listed feature that doesn't work at all. Nice move.

Kar98

May 29, 2014
Visit site
So yesterday was the first time I've had a chance to try out Driving Mode on 10586.11, and it STILL doesn't work. So I guess Microsoft is shipping a "final" build with a listed feature that doesn't work at all. Nice move.

I think I got driving mode to work now. Had to delete the existing entry for my phone from the car stereo, select "connect in a different way" from the phone's BT settings, paired again, called 611 (free customer service number for most US carriers), played with some options on their phone menu, both voice and tone, and hung back up. Seems to be working now, and I'm not getting "phone not answering, please check your phone" anymore from my stereo.

On a related note, I can't be the only one who doesn't get sound notifications for e-mails???

Jcomper

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Just upgrade my 930 to 10586.11 Build (from 8.1 version without hard resetting) and noticed that motion data is not working anymore. At settings page there are no application which have access to motion data listed also Microsoft Health as well as Health & Fitness application shows 0 steps and "Error! Failed to get data. Please refresh", of cause refresh doesn't help. Is this known issue if current build or I'm just so lucky :cry:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yea, yea, yea.... buggy mess... Leave it to Microsoft to release a buggy OS....

I have a list of about 10 bugs that I see all the time....so bad that I am thinking about rolling back to 8.1... and this is a RTM version ? Really ?

Why even bother Microsoft, your trying to grow marketshare on Windows PHone and you release this POS ?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Yea, yea, yea.... buggy mess... Leave it to Microsoft to release a buggy OS....

I have a list of about 10 bugs that I see all the time....so bad that I am thinking about rolling back to 8.1... and this is a RTM version ? Really ?

Why even bother Microsoft, your trying to grow marketshare on Windows PHone and you release this POS ?

May be you can post all 10 of them and someone can answer?

Not from me does't work "Choose the best lighting" feature of Rich Capture on Lumia 930

You will have to uninstall all Lumia Camera apps and Lumia Moments. Then once you click Choose Best Lighting it will take you to the store to download the Photos Plugin and it should work after the install.

Still an buggy build. Random crashes. Cant share photo's.
Photo sharing works on most apps, may be limited to certain apps only?

ucyimDa_Ruler

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Still cannot block a number.

I'm having trouble with volume. The volume will raise up and down depending if apps are running in the background that control the volume such as Pandora. Anyone having trouble with this? Also the volume will spike but the moment I change the volume a tick, it'll go back to the appropriate level.

Peeteris

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that sound in W10M throught headphones is ''underpowered''? I am talking about volume and quality. I played one song to be sure that there's something just not right. If I in W8.1 couldn't play that song louder than '26' (because it was already too loud) and song had good bass and great quality, then in W10M i can easily play this song at max '30' (and it sound not as loud as '27' in W8.1) and sound is somehow a little flat (there is bass, but it's not that powerfull or great) and distorted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99