Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

R0bR

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Update on my 1020:

1. Battery usage has gotten worse, or maybe I haven't been stuck in the house so been off Wi-Fi more often but still drastically worse than on 8.1. Even on Wi-Fi and hardly using my phone I get about 8-9 hours where I'd get at least 24 hours before. Heavy use on 8.1 would get me from about 8am to 11pm before battery saver would kick in. Yesterday on W10M I got 6 hours while at home and this morning I stepped out and my phone shut off after 3 hours. Went through all the background tasks and don't see anything that I didn't have set in 8.1.

2. SMS is still slow to interact with, take a while for conversation list to come up then clicking into a conversation again takes a while to show the conversation. Sending a text takes quite a while to actually send after typing and the typing itself is laggy compared to other areas of the OS. Additionally, I get no notification alerts for SMS received although the integrated Skype does notify. I checked Messaging background task and it is running.

3. Like others launching any mapping apps just fails.

Overall I like the look and direction of WM10, mail and calendar are much improved. However, I can't test if I can only get 3-6 hours of battery when not using the phone, while using the phone the battery drain is ridiculous. Since others with battery issues have tried soft and hard resets with no success I'll have to revert to 8.1 and perhaps test the next build if these battery issues are addressed.

BTW, I updated last Friday so I've given the OS plenty of time to "settle down" with what it has to do after an upgrade.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that sound in W10M throught headphones is ''underpowered''? I am talking about volume and quality. I played one song to be sure that there's something just not right. If I in W8.1 couldn't play that song louder than '26' (because it was already too loud) and song had good bass and great quality, then in W10M i can easily play this song at max '30' (and it sound not as loud as '27' in W8.1) and sound is somehow a little flat (there is bass, but it's not that powerfull or great) and distorted.

Check your audio settings under Extras in the Settings app. Swipe left to set Dolby headphone audio enhancement settings. Maybe audio levelling is on. Try turning it off. Or try the preset equalizer options.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
There are drop down menu inconsistencies like when selecting alarm tone which a lot differs from the call ringtone selection list.

Then the press and hold menu doesn't appear unless you release your finger in Photos app.

Also, the quick jump letters grid is completely different in the People app than the ones found in Groove app and All Apps list.

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Installed the latest build today on my L640 and am really enjoying the new look and feel of win 10. So far so good. Wasn't as fortunate when I tried to install on my Nokia Lumia 925.

guzonja23

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone else has problem with keyboard missing? I don't have keyboard, I can't type. When I go settings - time and language - keyboard I can't add any because there are no available to download. Please if someone knows solution for this, please help me

R0bR

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Well, I figured that rather than revert back to 8.1 that I would try a hard reset anyways and it actually fixed the performance issues with SMS and also Maps opens without issue. I do have a small issue with Messaging & Skype (Mine are linked) where my friend on Skype that I'm testing with shows up as "SMS Text" in Message with no option for "Skype Text". Does anyone know how to get the Skype contact to work as Skype in Messaging? It actually worked correctly with the same contact before the hard reset.

A number of people here have complained about Lumia Camera not being available or working once a hard reset is done but I installed it from the store and it works. Am I misunderstanding the issue?

Back to battery testing for me.

SteveSAPA

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Well, I figured that rather than revert back to 8.1 that I would try a hard reset anyways and it actually fixed the performance issues with SMS and also Maps opens without issue. I do have a small issue with Messaging & Skype (Mine are linked) where my friend on Skype that I'm testing with shows up as "SMS Text" in Message with no option for "Skype Text". Does anyone know how to get the Skype contact to work as Skype in Messaging? It actually worked correctly with the same contact before the hard reset.

A number of people here have complained about Lumia Camera not being available or working once a hard reset is done but I installed it from the store and it works. Am I misunderstanding the issue?

Back to battery testing for me.

With the skype text, you have to go into the people app and link his Microsoft messaging contact to his normal contact. Not sure why they make you do that. Some do it automatically but some don't.

R0bR

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
With the skype text, you have to go into the people app and link his Microsoft messaging contact to his normal contact. Not sure why they make you do that. Some do it automatically but some don't.

Thanks, but the odd thing is that his contact already has his Skype messaging linked. I tried removing and re-adding it but made no difference. Even though it is linked it does not show in his contact details that he's available for Skype Video like my other contacts.

Win10all

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
when open multiple apps, the phone become very slow... ..is there any multitask management program to improve the performance? 640 xl lte dual sim

Ky772

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Updated to 586 build. Worked fine. Then it downloaded and updated.

Screen is stuck on the sleep screen. Time won't change, neither will the battery charge.

PLEASE HELP!

amaric

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone have problem with Data sense? It doesn't count anything when I turn on the Mobile hotspot.
Also, the other issue, if I enable word suggestions on my croatian keyboard it will just stop working after few suggestions, no keys are accepted anymore.

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else see apps duplicated in the background app list in settings? If you toggle one entry to allow/disallow the app to run in background, leave then come back to the page, all entries for that app are toggled. It also seemingly random how many times an app appears; it's always the same apps that are duplicated, but sometimes it appears 3 times, sometimes 4 times etc.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else see apps duplicated in the background app list in settings? If you toggle one entry to allow/disallow the app to run in background, leave then come back to the page, all entries for that app are toggled. It also seemingly random how many times an app appears; it's always the same apps that are duplicated, but sometimes it appears 3 times, sometimes 4 times etc.

Me too, randomly, they disappear after 24H by itself. Curious menu script bug :) It doesn't affect funcionality

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, but the odd thing is that his contact already has his Skype messaging linked. I tried removing and re-adding it but made no difference. Even though it is linked it does not show in his contact details that he's available for Skype Video like my other contacts.

I ran into this problem too, the linking seems to be buggy. My solution was going to outlook.com and modify my contacts there (do the unlinking/relinking there instead of on the phone) That seems to force the contact list to refresh itself and add the Skype info back on the phone as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99